• Nobody

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMAGE FROM THE PAST

Oakwell, March 1990.

Mark Stein in action for the U’s.

CMCUshnUsAEDlcL

Far from a no pressure game but need to approach it wisely and make sure we come away with confidence intact, or better. I think it’ll be one of those funny games where we will be offered chances by their ambition to win the game handsomely.

Feels to me like a game where playing Tyler Smith is unlikely to make too much difference to the result and should be worth a try to see what part he could play in the last few games. Willing runners will be key and I always felt he looked busy and happy to do that so not sure what the underlying issue is there.

Feeling oddly confident. A point would be acceptable (‘fantastic’ a stretch too far when we need wins desperately).

If we start like we did against Bolton and Sheffield Wednesday we will be out of it by half time start like we did against Pompey and finished the other two games I think we could win just need to make sure we hit the back of the net

I’ve recovered from my Bolton blues after a much improved performance against Pompey but still can’t see us getting anything from today’s game. Please please please prove me wrong!

Barnsley 2 - Oxford United 1.

If we could manage to scramble a point today, that should give us the confidence to find the two wins we need. Hopefully Tyler Goodrham starts again, his attitude and energy are great.

Keep a clean sheet and hope for more. Today doesn't need to be pretty, and it should be about protecting what we have first and foremost. An injury or a red card at this stage could kill us off, so discipline and keeping our heads is vital.

I don't think that those around us will get anything from today either so a point would still be a huge result, three and we're getting close to securing our league status.

Surely variance kicks in at some point and we get really lucky? Maybe Tuesday would be better.

I’m not expecting anything from today, other than a battling performance. A bit like the Peterborough match, if we get anything from today like we did at London Road I will be ecstatic!

If we do get free kicks around the box then I'd like to see something different. The Cam Bran bending low around the wall, with or without a touch from Browne has been successful but is now too predictable. The keeper is set for one going across them, and either makes an easy save in the centre of the goal, or pushes it away towards several bodies coming in at the back post where it needs a huge chunk of luck to get a second chance.

We need to vary it up, either with Cam going under the wall but to the near post to wrong foot the keeper, or move the ball across the box to give a totally different angle. We've also had more success in the air so floating one up to give Moore, Long, Joseph and Brown a go could work better, especially with defences setting up for the shot.

Maybe over thinking things, but with little out and out scoring opportunities then we have to find ways to maximise whatever opportunities we do get.

Back
Top Bottom