Away Match Day Thread 27/01/2024 L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We’re still struggling for fully fit numbers but hoping we can get a result anyway.

Bristol Rovers 0 - Oxford United 1.

No win today and we’ll drop out of the playoffs.

McEachran ahead McGuane & Smyth.

Rodrigues not central. Wasted out wide.

No Burey. Would’ve preferred him in a game like this (battle) than Goodrham.

Think we’ll lose this one today.

Gas 3-1 Ox

I'll be keeping checking for updates whilst enjoying 40th Birthday beers in Sheffield. Feeling every second that old. Come on lads, do this for me!
I honestly would have put you down as mid-sixties. Happy birthday by the way, try and enjoy yourself - 40 ain’t that old!

Smyth can definitely count himself unlucky. McGuane needs a rest so can understand him on the bench but would have liked to see Smyth instead of JM. In saying that can see why they have gone for experience.

McGuane has been struggling of late - makes sense to give him a breather; would also probably have gone with Smyth but now McEachran gets a chance to show what he's about.

Was not expecting Negru to come straight back into the side, but I guess our lack of wingers is stopping us reverting to four at the back, and Long's concussion opened up a spot. Fingers crossed he'll be right back to playing at the level he started the season.

I'll be keeping checking for updates whilst enjoying 40th Birthday beers in Sheffield. Feeling every second that old. Come on lads, do this for me!
"There is a popular adage that suggests, “Life begins at 40”. This seemingly mysterious statement appears to contradict the natural progression of age, but as we delve into it, we find it brimming with profound wisdom. In essence, it encapsulates a belief that people often experience a new zest for life, a renaissance of freedom, confidence, and enjoyment as they enter their fourth decade."

Like you ..hoping for a win today.

"There is a popular adage that suggests, “Life begins at 40”. This seemingly mysterious statement appears to contradict the natural progression of age, but as we delve into it, we find it brimming with profound wisdom. In essence, it encapsulates a belief that people often experience a new zest for life, a renaissance of freedom, confidence, and enjoyment as they enter their fourth decade."

Like you ..hoping for a win today.
Sorry to be a pedant, but it's the fifth decade (1st is 0-9)

Happy birthday @greatunclekip I would have never of guessed you were only 40 😀

That team doesn't fill me with confidence unfortunately

Happy birthday @greatunclekip !

Will be watching Conteh for Rovers closely today, thought he was just what we needed.

Record signing and straight into the starting 11, of our signings, 1 starts in goal, 1 is on the bench and 2 are injured. Frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom