Away Match Day Thread 27/01/2024 L1: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Happy birthday @greatunclekip !

Will be watching Conteh for Rovers closely today, thought he was just what we needed.

Record signing and straight into the starting 11, of our signings, 1 starts in goal, 1 is on the bench and 2 are injured. Frustrating.
3 injured, if you include Bennett.

Need a clean sheet here, build that defensive confidence before Pompey.

Des highlighted after the Carlisle game we had a weakness down our right hand side, so I wasn’t surprised he brought Sam Long back in for the Barnsley fixture.

However it was still an area of concern in the first half as Cadden constantly got on the ball and caused us problems. So It didnt look as if Long solved that issue. But it’s not just down to Long, there’s Stevens as well as the wingback and the two didn’t look a cohesive partnership on the right hand side.

We were certainly no weaker when Smyth replaced Long, if anything it improved and I‘d say Smyth was better on the ball than Long. But of course it may have been easier defending with a gale force wind at your back.

However Negru is a defender and Smyth’s preferred position is midfield, so let’s see if having Negru back improves us defensively down our right side.

This game doesn’t feel like it’s coming at a good time for us. Rovers have a decent side and now a very good coach to go with it and being away I’m fearing the worst. I think this could be a bit of a humbling.

Do like the selection though. I’d expect Negru to make a big difference and McGuane needed a break. Don’t see the attack causing much damage so hopefully we’re still in the game after an hour.

Murphy was never going to play once he was labelled touch and go so not sure why that’s a talking point. So incredibly light up top it’s scary. Fingers crossed we can at least be competitive.

Their striker (Collins?) Is not in the squad today and looks like he's off according to my Brizzle mate

Wigan 1 up on Stevenage. Wigan on a very good run right now.

We still have the following injured:
- Long
- Bennett
- Edwards
- Browne
- Bodin
- Murphy
- Goodwin

Really need to get through today without adding to the list...
And listening to RadOx pre match and Jerome was talking to Nick Harris and Nick said we were told Murphy would be ready for last week and jow this week and still no Murphy I do hope our manager isn’t doing a Robinson

Back
Top Bottom