Home Match Day Thread +++ 27/04/2019 OUFC v Doncaster Rovers Match Day Thread +++

I'm really happy we kept faith with Karl, there are few better to be dealing with youngsters like he does.

Some media coaching over the summer break along with the installment of some kind of 'Director of Football' type role to compensate for KR's biggest shortcomings could see us with an above average competent manager in the hotseat next season.

because at start of play today ...and after the final whistle too ..... DRFC occupy the last playoff spot in L1? .... with Peterborough losing today, DRFC will still be in the final L1 playoff place after the final whistle next Saturday as today's draw puts them 4 pts clear of Posh
But the posh have a game in hand and if DRFC lose their match next week and posh achieve an unlikely but a result I would enjoy by beating Pompey the last game of the season could have a say on the last play off spot.

Really entertaining game, that we really should have won. Had Henry’s non-handball handball been correctly called I reckon 3-1 would’ve killed Donny off. Great stuff from Browne in the first half, then from Whyte in the second. Feel like we don’t get the consistency from Browne, and if/when that comes he’ll be a great player. Also, great performance from Hanson today. I think our Kashi replacement has been staring us in the face this whole time. Also word on Nico Jones, real unfortunate for the o.g., but on the whole a solid performance against one of the league’s most dangerous strikers.
Sorry I have to slightly disagree I thought Browne had an excellent game today.

But the posh have a game in hand and if DRFC lose their match next week and posh achieve an unlikely but a result I would enjoy by beating Pompey the last game of the season could have a say on the last play off spot.

You're in a pub?

Any news on the action in the director box? Was Erick there?

Funny old game for my last game of the season (I'll not be going to Luton). From a neutral PoV it was a real show case for what lower division football is all about. from my PoV it is a shame that the game was spoiled but such dreadful officiating, not just the ref but the south side lino was terrible. For the two disemboweled goals the offside might have been, but the handball was surely a hallucination that only only the ref saw.

Man of the match for me was probably Whyte, but it's a hard call as plenty of others put real shifts in today.

Great to hear "Robinsons Yellow Army" being chanted at max volume, he deserves it having pulled us round from such a terrible start (although I think he ought to be able to deal with adversity better than he does). He sure looked happy on the lap of honour.

I'm really looking forward to next season. If we can keep this squad together as much as possible, we should be able to make the automatics, and not just the playoffs a realistic goal.

The wierdist thing about the whole afternoon? There wasn't a single song about Sw****n town - strange days indeed.

Praise from the donny forum

A very good side. Quite possibly the only side I’ve seen this season that I wouldn’t mind watching regularly. Several of their players I’d fancy at Rovers: Browne, Whyte, Ruffles for example.

We were fortunate to get a point today. They were well on top until GM brought Sadlier on and switched the formation (again). But we rode our luck and dig in and it’s another step towards the play-offs.

We don’t do easy, do we?

I would think there’s a very good chance that the game will be live on sky

Funny old game for my last game of the season (I'll not be going to Luton). From a neutral PoV it was a real show case for what lower division football is all about. from my PoV it is a shame that the game was spoiled but such dreadful officiating, not just the ref but the south side lino was terrible. For the two disemboweled goals the offside might have been, but the handball was surely a hallucination that only only the ref saw.

Man of the match for me was probably Whyte, but it's a hard call as plenty of others put real shifts in today.

Great to hear "Robinsons Yellow Army" being chanted at max volume, he deserves it having pulled us round from such a terrible start (although I think he ought to be able to deal with adversity better than he does). He sure looked happy on the lap of honour.

I'm really looking forward to next season. If we can keep this squad together as much as possible, we should be able to make the automatics, and not just the playoffs a realistic goal.

The wierdist thing about the whole afternoon? There wasn't a single song about Sw****n town - strange days indeed.
Disembowled goals? I don't think even Amersham Dave has predicted that happening!

Back
Top Bottom