Home Match Day Thread 29/12/23: L1 - OUFC v Derby County

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Terrible, Terrible, Terrible performance after the start. we have been poor for a long time .Where do you start. What ever you say we are miles away from where we need to be and I don't know if Des is the answer.At least Manning has a style ,you just don't see that now ,I've not seen one performance you would say has been good.

The momentum graph from FotMob. Aside from the start, we barely got going. Twenty efforts for Derby.

Attachments

• IMG_5108.jpeg
    IMG_5108.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 17
If Des wasn't local, you'd think we had appointed David Kemp with some of the performances we are watching.

It needed a steady hand, a bit of league 1 know how, a bit of gamesmanship.
Jobs for the boys???? Never works out.
Did we keep receipt for the compo??

Utterly, utterly pathetic from all involved.

This is a depleted team, with no depth, same players playing week in week out and some exciting football in the first half. And what do we do?

We boo louder at the end than we did weeks after the wheels had fallen off under Robinson.

Pathetic.

And if DB had made a solid start, we wouldn't hear a peep out of you. It's like a Methven cosplay.
If DB had started well, I would be delighted.

His lack of tactical knowledge is astounding and until the club get fingers out of arses and get an experienced assistant then he is going to continue to struggle. He has already aged 10 years.

We lost that as soon as Thorniley was brought on. Anyone with half a brain would know it was then a case of utilising the extra space and pressure and sling in crosses till we croaked.

And I'm not sure I want to see Thorniley ever again, injury crisis or no injury crisis. Not sure what has happened to him, but he fills me with zero confidence.

Desperately need players back from injury and new blood in during the transfer window however.......... we cannot mask over certain things. You can cover it up by saying 'you can only work with what you have got' but the tactical and substitution decisions tonight were extremely poor and that sits with the manager. He is clearly way out of his depth in League 1. Mcguane had the touch of a one legged donkey for most of the game, what's going on with him. Stevens reverted back to his old self second have having played fairly well for the opening 45 minutes. Tough to watch but even at 2 0 up, the crowd were absolutely awful tonight. I fear for Monday and pray that we get some good early business done next week.

The stats are horrifying. 19 corners against, more than double the amount of shots and passes against.

I try not to comment too much on performances, especially straight after games but that was like watching a team from non leafue trying to scrape something against higher league opposition.

P**s poor again. Players and management.

Don’t know why Smyth didn’t feature. Funnily enough gats made a few things happen when he came on. And Henry should have wrapped it up…again!

We were well under the cosh by the time he came on. Well under it.
We were, but it enhanced the message that we needed to defend at all costs. Suddenly Brown back at left back, and Bennett on the wing? Hardly fills the opposition with terror.

We were well under the cosh by the time he came on. Well under it.
No doubt, no doubt. But the outlet was there at least. Bringing a third CB on is counterintuitive against the pressure they were exerting.

Back
Top Bottom