Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

He’s out of contract at the end of this season, if Manning and co can convince Edwards to sign for us,’if we were going to offer Fleetwood 400k for Marriot ( which I’m glad we didn’t ) then offer Ipswich 400K in January they may take that with only 6 months left on his contract they may well accept.
I might be wrong but I'm sure I read they have an option on him for another year which you'd imagine they'd take up, even if it was only to sell him. He'd be fairly sought after but you'd like to think a good plan here where he enjoys his football would put us in the driving seat, especially as we're no mugs when it comes to wages.

I’m cheering every point that Ipswich get this season. The higher they are the less likely they are to want KE back. I think a low six figure fee in January will do the trick, particularly if we’re still challenging and Edwards is happy and getting lots of minutes.

As good as he is, I don't want to be spending 400k on a player who is out of contract in 6 months time, I get your point though
But that means he is available to another club in January all Ipswich have to do is recall and sell him .
If he carry’s on the excellent work he is doing I would certainly be looking to acquiring him and if it’s 400k to get him especially bid it’s a 2/3!year contract with an option surely that’s worth the cost.

Personally wouldn't have been too disappointed had Moore left during the summer, as I felt his form for the last couple of seasons had dropped off significantly from his first two. He seems to have returned to his best so far this season, though. If that can continue then I'm happy he's staying.

And that’s why Moore will never be a top Championship player like some claim. He has a painful lack of pace.
I am not sure that too many have suggested that he would be top Championship player?
Matt Elliott, Gary Briggs and Malcolm Shotton, arguably OUFCs best CBs had little pace. Rob Dickie was hardly blessed with pace.
Harry Maguire has played how many games for England?

I am not sure that too many have suggested that he would be top Championship player?
Matt Elliott, Gary Briggs and Malcolm Shotton, arguably OUFCs best CBs had little pace. Rob Dickie was hardly blessed with pace.
Harry Maguire has played how many games for England?
I’ve seen it said on here that he’s Championship level, but maybe not top, you’re right.

Your argument would be fine if Moore’s other attributes were as high as the players you mention. I never once said that no centre back who lacks pace can ever be a top player. But it’s very clear when watching Peterborough’s players breeze past him in a foot race that his lack of pace is an issue.

The way the team played in the first half yesterday exposed the weaknesses in a lot of our players. These are league 1 players for a reason. If Moore had pace he certainly wouldn’t be playing for us. The key is setting the team up to play to our strengths, not expose those weaknesses.

Just out of interest, Moore going or not (and Des was pretty categoric no bid, no interest and he's ill) - why are people speculating broken promises?

What promises? For all we know, Des was told everything he needed to know (or not know) during his interview. I am all good at having a pop at our UK local management for the cluster**** they're presiding over but I am not kicking them over broken promises when we wouldn't even know what was promised; partly because the fanbase don't get told nowt.

Just out of interest, Moore going or not (and Des was pretty categoric no bid, no interest and he's ill) - why are people speculating broken promises?

What promises? For all we know, Des was told everything he needed to know (or not know) during his interview. I am all good at having a pop at our UK local management for the cluster**** they're presiding over but I am not kicking them over broken promises when we wouldn't even know what was promised; partly because the fanbase don't get told nowt.
It sounds not at the moment, although if there us a release clause in his contract, then who knows what could happen?

If you mean a release clause for Moore, DB said there isn't one when talking after the game.
Hate to be that guy, and I feel desperately sorry for him at the moment, but his word hasn't been all that accurate up to now. Whether that's him with something to learn or communication from those around him being poor (who'd be surprised), he's rarely been on the nose with anything.

Back
Top Bottom