Current Player #5 Elliott Moore

I'm pretty sure this has come from the "6 players Argyle MUST sign in January that will help them beat the drop" post below by a University student who covers Plymouth.

Elliott Moore is included on it alongside various other players, and it appears to have developed into a rumour amongst our fanbase with classic Chinese whispers escalating it to a bid from Plymouth and Moore having a release clause.

Last edited:
Like everyone else yesterday the rumours of unrest and players moving on to pastures new were accelerating by the second and even though the Beadle one seems like it is 99% certain the Elliott Moore saga is a strange one for sure. However, we do have some form in our centre halves moving on and to other watching clubs there must be interest in thinking that Oxford seem to have a conveyor belt of decent centre halves that are maybe worth a punt.

Personally, even though it makes me more than unhappy that there is some deja vu again I can see a small case of it again on the horizon after Dickie, Atkinson and McNally.

Nevertheless, I do think even though Des said otherwise on the radio yesterday the club really needs to come out with a strong statement to stop most of the accelerating unrest and to stop the rolling stone gathering more & Moore moss.

COYY'S

Nevertheless, I do think even though Des said otherwise on the radio yesterday the club really needs to come out with a strong statement to stop most of the accelerating unrest and to stop the rolling stone gathering more & Moore moss.
Why should they do any more than Des did yesterday? That was a pretty strong statement.

Why should they do any more than Des did yesterday? That was a pretty strong statement.
With any subject you ask that question to, the answer is the same. The problem is this is not an isolated incident and there is no bond or level of trust between fans and execs. They never built it despite countless opportunities and I’m not just referring to fans forums. So, what that means is, small matters like player exit rumours are magnified to be a bigger problem than they actually are as nobody trusts the board to make the right call and to:
(a) sell at the right time
(b) sell at the right price and
(c) have a plan in place that makes us as good or better in future.

They are still at a net negative in the eyes of a lot of supporters in terms of the impact they’ve had on the club, their decision making at critical times and their general behaviour as execs of our club. It’s both the quantity and the quality of communication that’s continually undoing them when these kinds of things break out. Same with Beadle leaving, same with transfers not turning up yet. Is that really a disaster? Not really, but it sure feels that way when you have no faith in the hierarchy to react in the right way.

With any subject you ask that question to, the answer is the same. The problem is this is not an isolated incident and there is no bond or level of trust between fans and execs. They never built it despite countless opportunities and I’m not just referring to fans forums. So, what that means is, small matters like player exit rumours are magnified to be a bigger problem than they actually are as nobody trusts the board to make the right call and to:
(a) sell at the right time
(b) sell at the right price and
(c) have a plan in place that makes us as good or better in future.

They are still at a net negative in the eyes of a lot of supporters in terms of the impact they’ve had on the club, their decision making at critical times and their general behaviour as execs of our club. It’s both the quantity and the quality of communication that’s continually undoing them when these kinds of things break out. Same with Beadle leaving, same with transfers not turning up yet. Is that really a disaster? Not really, but it sure feels that way when you have no faith in the hierarchy to react in the right way.
Totally agree and understand, but if the club starts responding to every rumour whipped up on twitter with strong club statements, it could get ridiculous very quickly.

Totally agree and understand, but if the club starts responding to every rumour whipped up on twitter with strong club statements, it could get ridiculous very quickly.
It would be nice it they did some responding or communication

I think if they did the essentials better, supporters wouldn’t expect it. Nobody asks Paul Barber at Brighton to explain why they sell McAllister and Caicedo in the same window. The supporters get it and there’s a shared idea between them as to what they do and how they get where they want to go. The fans are in on it. We’re nowhere near anything.

I don’t need them to respond to Moore’s rumour. But I wouldn’t mind knowing what our overall approach will be to player movement to help me understand it for myself. Are we keeping our best players or are we intending to be a stepping stone club? How reliant are we on player sales for the future? Do we have a robust succession plan in place?

If you hadn't been registered since 2017 I'd think you were Tim Williams, such is your haste to jump to defend the board at every opportunity.

The bigger issue, and the reason why this particular rumour spread yesterday, is that it is yet ANOTHER incidence of the complete lack of engagement and communication from TW and his acolytes, which creates an information vacuum and the feeling of being ignored/disrespected that a large percentage of the fanbase is clearly feeling.

If you hadn't been registered since 2017 I'd think you were Tim Williams, such is your haste to jump to defend the board at every opportunity.

The bigger issue, and the reason why this particular rumour spread yesterday, is that it is yet ANOTHER incidence of the complete lack of engagement and communication from TW and his acolytes, which creates an information vacuum and the feeling of being ignored/disrespected that a large percentage of the fanbase is clearly feeling.
I’m not defending the board per se - in fact I’ve said a number of times that communications are really poor at the moment. But what I’ve also tried to say a number of times is that we should be focusing our energy on the communication that we SHOULD expect from the board, not on demanding statements about rumours made up by user004747 on twitter or a potentially ongoing transfer situation with a loan goalkeeper. These are the sort of things no sane board should be commenting on, normally. Let’s fight the fires that matter.

I’m not defending the board per se - in fact I’ve said a number of times that communications are really poor at the moment. But what I’ve also tried to say a number of times is that we should be focusing our energy on the communication that we SHOULD expect from the board, not on demanding statements about rumours made up by user004747 on twitter or a potentially ongoing transfer situation with a loan goalkeeper. These are the sort of things no sane board should be commenting on, normally. Let’s fight the fires that matter.
But that isn't what you've been saying on the other thread, regarding how we are being run. You've defended the board constantly on that thread. And here you are on this thread trying to diminish the situation by saying "rumours made up by user 004747" The inescapable fact is that communication from our current board has been poor, and it is now heading for non existent (unless The Athletic or similar come up with a piece where TW can promote himself). This is but another example, in a very long list, of non-communication from them.

I have first hand experience of how TW et al disregard us and it is not good. This will end in tears, mark my words.

But that isn't what you've been saying on the other thread, regarding how we are being run. You've defended the board constantly on that thread. And here you are on this thread trying to diminish the situation by saying "rumours made up by user 004747" The inescapable fact is that communication from our current board has been poor, and it is now heading for non existent (unless The Athletic or similar come up with a piece where TW can promote himself). This is but another example, in a very long list, of non-communication from them.

I have first hand experience of how TW et al disregard us and it is not good. This will end in tears, mark my words.
Ok man.

What the f**k is that supposed to mean?
I’m not going to bother with this if you’re not going to engage with what I’m saying.

Here are 2 things I have said on the other thread. Direct quotes.

‘The club is a mess with communications’

‘I guess this would be a non-issue if we trusted other comms from the club but thats sadly not the case at the moment’

This place is so polarised that any arguments for perspective are viewed as ‘defending the board’… ‘are you Tim Williams??’

f*****g nonsense.

I’m not going to bother with this if you’re not going to engage with what I’m saying.

Here are 2 things I have said on the other thread. Direct quotes.

‘The club is a mess with communications’

‘I guess this would be a non-issue if we trusted other comms from the club but thats sadly not the case at the moment’
It's a bit difficult to engage with"OK man"

FWIW I've mentioned here, and previously, that I've had first hand experience with TW and the other board members, which is what I call "engaging" in the discussion. If you'd rather disregard that and just post a flippant, P**s taking comment, that's on you, not me.

It's a bit difficult to engage with"OK man"

FWIW I've mentioned here, and previously, that I've had first hand experience with TW and the other board members, which is what I call "engaging" in the discussion. If you'd rather disregard that and just post a flippant, P**s taking comment, that's on you, not me.
I’m sure you have, I’m not denying that. I haven’t. But to accuse me of being some patsy for the board while ignoring half the stuff I’ve actually said isn’t engaging in the discussion in any sort of good faith. That’s on you, not me.

Anyway we can agree to disagree and move on - no harm intended.

I’m sure you have, I’m not denying that. I haven’t. But to accuse me of being some patsy for the board while ignoring half the stuff I’ve actually said isn’t engaging in the discussion in any sort of good faith. That’s on you, not me.

Anyway we can agree to disagree and move on - no harm intended.
Fair enough.

I think if they did the essentials better, supporters wouldn’t expect it. Nobody asks Paul Barber at Brighton to explain why they sell McAllister and Caicedo in the same window. The supporters get it and there’s a shared idea between them as to what they do and how they get where they want to go. The fans are in on it. We’re nowhere near anything.

I don’t need them to respond to Moore’s rumour. But I wouldn’t mind knowing what our overall approach will be to player movement to help me understand it for myself. Are we keeping our best players or are we intending to be a stepping stone club? How reliant are we on player sales for the future? Do we have a robust succession plan in place?
This is exactly the problem, no one is responsible for the club's DNA, it changes with each passing manager. That is why somebody has to be responsible for direction and style. You cannot keep changing it with a change of manager. It is much too volatile a role, for that person to decide our direction. They should be carrying out the overall plan agreed at board levels not that this cannot change but it should not be the remit of the coach. You employ coaches that work to your remit. Any other way is the tail wagging the dog.

Back
Top Bottom