Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

It will be interesting to see how much Bracewell can get out of the pitch - he got more bounce and turn than Leach, who isn't a test match bowler. Given they are a bowler short, he could be key.
Agree. I like Leach but he's not test standard. I see McCullam is trying to talk Moeen into coming out of retirement and Mo has kind of given him the green light!!

36/1 at Lunch. Long way to go though.
IF theres not a batting collapse , its a big ask but a win isn't impossible

draw likely , if the batting order actually play Test match cricket ( & not short over styles )

93/4 Lees gone bowled Tim Southee.

Drop anchor and bat the day out now.

152/4, Bairstow goes past 50. England halfway there. 147 more needed off a minimum of 37 overs (3.97rpo)

1655220115693.png

I'm not sure what the NZ bowling attack plan is at the moment, but safe to say it's not working very well. 105 needed for England.

Agreed - some very odd bowling by NZ. Bowling filth and putting three catchers on the boundary seems a bit desperate.

The limited overs left in the Test made it into an ODI-style game. Padding it about for 2-3 an over wouldn’t have seen England get there.

May as well release two beasts in that format to see England home. What a performance from Bairstow and Stokes.

The former would have been hopeless in trying to save this game though. When it comes to full aggression which was needed here, he’s superb.

Last edited:
This has been unbelievable since tea. Bairstow take a bow, and Stokes has been fantastic too.

27 to win, what a days cricket, and probably one of the highest chases at Trent Bridge.

Agree. I like Leach but he's not test standard. I see McCullam is trying to talk Moeen into coming out of retirement and Mo has kind of given him the green light!!
I saw that as well - doesn't send a great message to Leach, Livingstone, et al. Shouldn't be judging Livingstone on part of one test but it would seem that he perhaps bowls a little too slow and with too few variations for test cricket, apart from the fact that his batting extends the tail even further.

Back
Top Bottom