Sport Cricket - Summer 2022

Well I’m going to be watching!

I thought going in to this series winning one test would be some achievement, but winning two would exceed many people’s expectations.

Let’s hope for 3 quick wickets, and then see England Bat to victory.

Here’s hoping anyway.

Really looking forward to this. I'd put Draw the current favourite, England need quick wickets. Current lead for NZ of 238, anything over 250 in less than 3 sessions on a 5th day pitch will be tough, another 50 NZ runs and I think England are batted out of it as it would leave us needing 288 off around 70 overs or so at a rate of over 4 an over.

I think we have to get the last three wickets for not many runs in the first 45 minutes or so. Then it might be on - although even on this flat batting pitch I will be watching our innings through my fingers from behind the sofa!

I was just about to post criticising the short pitched bowling tactics, and then Henry gifts his wicket by flapping at one!

First wicket bowled by Broad. Need to get Mitchell out lively, because I’m sure he will farm the strike as much as possible. If we can have a target of 270 it’s doable. Anything above 300 forget it. (Draw).

9 down, lead is at 266. New ball is available. Need this wrapped up quickly.

We are lacking discipline here, and giving Boult easy runs. Bowl like Malinga at number 11’s full and straight.

Priceless runs for New Zealand, and if this little cameo go on much more, then it will be curtains on a run chase. 295 onwards is going to be tough on a day 5 pitch.

I think it's too late now, and the lead is too big. If I were a betting man (and I am glad I am not, or I'd be a pauper!) then my money would be on a draw now. I forecast we will start out looking for a win, lose a couple of wickets and then (try to) drop anchor - especially given that we are 1 up in the series of 3 games!

A big innings from Root or Stokes will be required I suspect.
Boult is a very good bowler

Well that’s Crawley gone. Poor start to the summer for him.

9 wickets remaining. Do we go for it or go back in to our shells and keep the 1-0 lead for the series.

Well that’s Crawley gone. Poor start to the summer for him.

9 wickets remaining. Do we go for it or go back in to our shells and keep the 1-0 lead for the series.
Seeing Lees play doesn't seem that we will go back into our shell.
Play sensible cricket , it is a really fast outfield, Southee is having a nightmare, and see where we are at lunch and tea

29-1, all scored by Lees. Wonder what the record for most runs scored all by one player at the start of a test innings...

It will be interesting to see how much Bracewell can get out of the pitch - he got more bounce and turn than Leach, who isn't a test match bowler. Given they are a bowler short, he could be key.

Back
Top Bottom