Ex Player Ex-Player Thread

Pure speculation, but once the buyout figure has been met, that could be the starting point for negotiations.
eg buy out = £1m.
Brentford then say how about 800K + 10% sell on? It's then up to OUFC to decide on guaranteed cash now, or take less up front with a potential future windfall?
True, I take your point. But that would of course mean Brentford taking a gamble over £200K, which could if Fosu played well and got them promoted, had a good season in the PL and a sale to (for example) Aston Villa for £10M it would end up costing them a lot of money. From what I've read about the people behind Brentford, I just can't see them taking that kind of gamble over a relatively small initial saving. Interesting thought though, I wonder if this does happen...

True, I take your point. But that would of course mean Brentford taking a gamble over £200K, which could if Fosu played well and got them promoted, had a good season in the PL and a sale to (for example) Aston Villa for £10M it would end up costing them a lot of money. From what I've read about the people behind Brentford, I just can't see them taking that kind of gamble over a relatively small initial saving. Interesting thought though, I wonder if this does happen...
I'd think sell on clauses in general are affected by the motives of the selling club owners. I suspect when Eales was selling the club, he wasn't interested in sell on clauses because they would benefit future club owners, would be difficult to value, and cash up front (or in instalments) would be better for him.

Whereas if you are a long term owner who anticipates developing and selling a long stream of players, sticking in sell on clauses could generate a nice income in the future for the sake of a smaller initial fee.

No, it won't have happened (IMO of course, I have no inside knowledge on the subject), it just wouldn't have made sense for them to agree to anything other than the base buy-out clause for Fosu. Why put an unnecessary clause in that could cost you millions in the future?

It's a forum, most people are speculating with little to no inside knowledge!

I'm not saying it's happened either, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate on a potential way that there would be clauses on Fosu, and all are to do with completing the Shandon deal, not the Fosu one, as you keep thinking I'm talking about.

It's a forum, most people are speculating with little to no inside knowledge!

I'm not saying it's happened either, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate on a potential way that there would be clauses on Fosu, and all are to do with completing the Shandon deal, not the Fosu one, as you keep thinking I'm talking about.
Yeah I did get what you were saying, but I personally think it's unlikely. Hope you are right however and we get some cash from it.

Yeah I did get what you were saying, but I personally think it's unlikely. Hope you are right however and we get some cash from it.
I think it very unlikely as well, but obviously Hooe we do get some money from it

giphy.gif

Roofe injured for Rangers’ European semi-final this evening unfortunately, but Lunny started the game.

Back
Top Bottom