General Fans Forum 12/12/2022

Cloud cuckoo land at the moment, when arguments are still going on regarding location, and planning applications absent. Brighton took 14 years to get a new ground others 6 to 7 years.

Hahahahaha!!!! Not a clue!

Any reason why? I actually thought for a change he came across quite well and didn’t dodge questions and also admitted mistakes and took responsibility on things like the Murphy signing.
He couldnt answer the left back question straight, simply waffled, again seemed to make it up as he went along reagarding Smith and Jones. The Plymouth answer was hilarious, to a good question. Six targets, 6 bought, sitting top of the league, to which he answers you cant compare our recruitment to Plymouth. WTF, of course you can, same market, governed by the same rules. In the end comes the school boy answer of, "I dont think they will finish top anyway."
The sooner he goes the sooner we can move from the fear culture he is creating at the club.

He couldnt answer the left back question straight, simply waffled, again seemed to make it up as he went along reagarding Smith and Jones. The Plymouth answer was hilarious, to a good question. Six targets, 6 bought, sitting top of the league, to which he answers you cant compare our recruitment to Plymouth. WTF, of course you can, same market, governed by the same rules. In the end comes the school boy answer of, "I dont think they will finish top anyway."
The sooner he goes the sooner we can move from the fear culture he is creating at the club.
I’m sure if you had turned up you could of asked a question or challenged his answers, or even asked your questions 1 to 1 after the forum since they hung about but you didn’t as ‘questions would be filtered to suit the club’.

Oh and it wasn’t just Robinson who said you can’t compare clubs. GF himself said every club works differently.

Hahahahaha!!!! Not a clue!
So what do I not have a clue about. Oh and cant believe you missed your messiahs finest hour. Tell me Scotchy, your answer now not the tea ladies, where does your shoddy answer come from. BHA took 14 to get their ground and play in it. I was on the beach the day the Argus said it was sold, and remember their first game there - FACT.
Any early transfer news off the tea girls yet? :ROFLMAO:

I’m sure if you had turned up you could of asked a question or challenged his answers, or even asked your questions 1 to 1 after the forum since they hung about but you didn’t as ‘questions would be filtered to suit the club’.

Oh and it wasn’t just Robinson who said you can’t compare clubs. GF himself said every club works differently.
What about the other points raised, you don't seem to be able to account for them.
Even Sarge says, "the kind of answers/ responses hoped for weren't necessarily forthcoming." Not wishing to be picky but it's "have" asked, not "of" asked.

There is definitely money available to spend. Whether it's spent, or how it's spent is another matter.

is the triangle good enough though or just the only option? Would hate for us to get something that will do while what we really want is world class.
Could still be world class, but on a smaller scale.

So what do I not have a clue about. Oh and cant believe you missed your messiahs finest hour. Tell me Scotchy, your answer now not the tea ladies, where does your shoddy answer come from. BHA took 14 to get their ground and play in it. I was on the beach the day the Argus said it was sold, and remember their first game there - FACT.
Any early transfer news off the tea girls yet? :ROFLMAO:

Well...

Absolutely abysmal, as is the sound quality for all interviews etc. that are churned out. So unprofessional for 2022. Sadly, I doubt anything will change with Chris Williams in charge of that side of stuff.
Yes your right about the interviews conducted at the training ground, they need a soundproof room, you always get background noises.

Speaking to one of the panel after the forum re; recruitment in January, and they seemed to think that not a lot will happen!

I guess we’ve hit our budget leaving limited options, so I also guess it depends if we can offload players (Smyth) etc which was mentioned by Karl to be able to get more in.

Additionally, there’s hope that Wildschut and Murphy, plus Baldock will be more involved!
Good luck if we're pinning our hopes on Murphy
He will need to have a serious change in his attitude

Smyth and Jones did have planned moves, but a number of deals to bring replacements in fell through so their moves were stopped. Of all the issues through the transfer window, the decision to stop these moves were the least controversial!
Not for the two lads themselves SE
Especially as they've barely had any game time since
Despite the manager saying at the time that they needed to be playing games

Last edited:
I think we are lucky to have someone like Chris Williams at the club, a professional writer and communicator who loves and gets the club. Tim Williams talked about improving comms, so they need to make a very modest investment here.

The sound issues last night could have easily been resolved by hard-wiring the audio, rather than relying on the camera's mic.

The same camera mic is the root cause of the sound issues at the training ground interviews or pitch side on a windy day, it's positioned too far from the interviewee.

Rode produces easy-to-use, robust, wireless clip-n-go mic systems for less than £200 - Surely there must be room for a bit of Arsenal money to go here? And with someone of Nathan Cooper's broadcast experience, the club already has access to someone who can provide a bit of training if required.

Quite obvious from what I saw that the board still hold KR in high esteem. I cringed a bit when TW answered a question by saying he was ‘embarrassed about talking about the playing side while sitting next to Karl’ I could almost see the love hearts in TWs eyes… 😁 That, to me, said a lot about how much authority (or lack of it) that TW has over KR

I was also very surprised with KRs body language. Not sure if it’s his natural persona, I’ve never seen him in that sort of environment before, but he did come across as a cross between a sort of brooding menace and a child forced to sit on the naughty step. He certainly didn’t appear to be someone who answers to many people

I think we are lucky to have someone like Chris Williams at the club, a professional writer and communicator who loves and gets the club. Tim Williams talked about improving comms, so they need to make a very modest investment here.

The sound issues last night could have easily been resolved by hard-wiring the audio, rather than relying on the camera's mic.

The same camera mic is the root cause of the sound issues at the training ground interviews or pitch side on a windy day, it's positioned too far from the interviewee.

Rode produces easy-to-use, robust, wireless clip-n-go mic systems for less than £200 - Surely there must be room for a bit of Arsenal money to go here? And with someone of Nathan Cooper's broadcast experience, the club already has access to someone who can provide a bit of training if required.

Needs to pull his finger out on the technical side of things imo, sound has been a problem for a good while now
and it needs sorting, i have no beef with CW i just think he is one of those that has problems with wires and plugs
with sound being his nemesis.

Was late leaving Bournemouth so timing didn`t work out, which is good because I hadn`t filled in the attendance form! 🤷‍♂️ ☃️
Thought the idea of collating the questions or inviting people to send them in at such short notice was going to create an issue and so it transpired.
Next time......
1. Plan ahead - take the questions and find the commonality to them and construct clear, viable, answerable questions.
2. Check the comms before you start - rank amateur performance on that front again.
3. Have a single subject - this one should have been about the Stadium which is key to the Clubs existence/survival and grumpy bollox should have stayed at home.
4. Empower/engage with the fan base to use us as "ground troops" to build momentum and steam roller the likes of FoSB with facts to counter their lies and BS.

Back
Top Bottom