General Fans Forum - Kassam Stadium - 7th March @ 6.30pm

Indeed. It’s also relative to the rest of us too. Of course they can ask questions the majority of us might deem wasteful. That’s their choice. I’m just expressing my preference to them.

From experience your faith is misplaced. There will be at least 2-3 ridiculous questions based on historical precedent.
Give everyone an idea of where my thinking has taken me, so far. Question that I am looking forward to asking:

Stuart Andrew MP & Sports Minister, introducing proposals for a new independent regulator for English football clubs, stated that the regulator will be tasked with, and I quote, "the purpose of ensuring that English football is sustainable and resilient for the benefits of fans and the local communities they serve.” With respect to the board and senior management, why is it then that the club deems the Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer the appropriate person to deal with fan engagement? Why does the club appear unwilling to engage with existing supporter organisations preferring instead to promote the concept of a CAB/FAB set up and further diminish contact with the fanbase? Does this tie in with recommendations of the FSA? Have the majority shareholders had any input on the direction being taken? Coincidentally, recent criticism of the lack of communication on the part of the club has escalated to comments by Radio Oxford presenters, does this not cause concern and, what does the club intend doing to address this issue?

The new UK football regulator will be tasked with, "ensuring that English football is sustainable and resilient for the benefits of fans and the local communities they serve.”

Why does the club appear unwilling to engage with a very credible, long established, and well respected existing supporter organisation preferring instead to promote the concept of a CAB/FAB set up and further diminish contact with the fanbase?

It’s a good question but I’d , as a critical friend, suggest applying smart brevity and cutting it to a third to avoid losing your audience.

I’ve suggested an edited cut above. Also you should probably mention a new right back 😉

It’s a good question but I’d , as a critical friend, suggest applying smart brevity and cutting it to a third to avoid losing your audience.

I’ve suggested an edited cut above. Also you should probably mention a new right back 😉
Point taken but, I'm pretty good at public speaking and have confidence I can get that across as is. I was going to ask about a right back later!

Every fans forum a few fans waste critical time asking redundant questions about infield matters. There are far more important questions than whether we are buying a new right back or why a gentleman’s agreement was signed for Dale.

Please refrain and focus on structural off field matters.
I distinctly remember a fans forum back in (I think) 2006/7 descending into a lengthy debate about the ability (or lack thereof) of John Dempster.

Give everyone an idea of where my thinking has taken me, so far. Question that I am looking forward to asking:

Stuart Andrew MP & Sports Minister, introducing proposals for a new independent regulator for English football clubs, stated that the regulator will be tasked with, and I quote, "the purpose of ensuring that English football is sustainable and resilient for the benefits of fans and the local communities they serve.” With respect to the board and senior management, why is it then that the club deems the Chief Commercial and Marketing Officer the appropriate person to deal with fan engagement? Why does the club appear unwilling to engage with existing supporter organisations preferring instead to promote the concept of a CAB/FAB set up and further diminish contact with the fanbase? Does this tie in with recommendations of the FSA? Have the majority shareholders had any input on the direction being taken? Coincidentally, recent criticism of the lack of communication on the part of the club has escalated to comments by Radio Oxford presenters, does this not cause concern and, what does the club intend doing to address this issue?
That’s five questions.

Indeed. It’s also relative to the rest of us too. Of course they can ask questions the majority of us might deem wasteful. That’s their choice. I’m just expressing my preference to them.

From experience your faith is misplaced. There will be at least 2-3 ridiculous questions based on historical precedent.
I’m going to ask when we’re planning to start building the fourth stand.

True or false?

We should have never let Jack Midson go.

• React
Reactions: m

Cue posts on the live thread on here: "Who's this f*cking windbag?"
Probably.

Well I never .............

You mean when they set up the first step and some people fell for it? 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom