Ex-Staff Liam Manning

Can someone clarify as I’m just seeing this?

Does he not have a contract where the club can keep him here? Is it not the boards decision whether he leaves?

Apart from being massively disappointed in the integrity of Manning if he chooses to leave , as a man who has tried to present himself as a man of integrity, I’ll also lose complete faith in this clubs leadership. It shows no ambition, no respect to the fans, and quite frankly suggests we are watching something very different to what we’ve been told

Good luck Tim

I realize the anxiety everyone is feeling right now is strong but a) Manning is likely doubling or tripling his salary so please knock off with all of the “WHERE IS THE LOYALTY” nonsense and b) we’re in a much better spot than when he was appointed. While many on here appear to believe that any hope of promotion is slipping away, this is also an opportunity for improvement. Let’s see what the next couple weeks bring before grabbing the pitchforks and storming the castle

I feel like Liam has benefitted from a weak league one renewal. Shrewsbury for example, were dire. We can't play all teams off the park but that was a particularly dull game. Even with Exeter where we won 3-0, there were passages where we didn't look fantastic. You can say this about all the teams in the league to a certain extent, but we have benefitted from slices of luck to get us where we are. The turnaround from last year's team is to be admired, however. There have also been a few games where 3-4-2-1 has not worked, where we have been slow or too stubborn to change to a 4-2-3-1. I think losing him would be a loss, but he isn't irreplaceable.

In terms of entertainment, I liked the way Bristol Rovers played. Not sure I could handle Barton being here though.

On a personal note, if he does leave, I hope his hairline continues to receed.

I get everything about money talking (he'll be set for years on a salary from Bristol City even if he is sacked), wanting to be ambitious and challenge yourself at the next level, but do managers really not give a s**t about achieving anything anymore? KR has wiggled his a**e at every job going and all he has to show for nigh on 700 matches as a coach is one promotion eight years ago.

He has very much turned us around though and at a speedier rate than any of us could anticipate. He did everything right in keeping us up by making us hard to beat first of all and then attack-minded in the winnable final matches of the season, and the recruitment this summer essentially made the squad 80% complete. The shopping list for January is a short one as a result of his (and the rest of the team) work. We applaud him for that.

It's a major disappointment since I figured that he'd maybe want to stay and complete the job. Actually put an achievement on the CV rather than jump for a job for a team with overly lofty ambitions but almost never achieve them. At least the likes of Millwall and Rotherham in the Championship have fairly realistic expectations of where they'll finish.

The list of candidates will still be fresh from the Spring although you can cross out Appleton and McCann. Perhaps 'Dishy' Des Buckingham may be worth an interview again. Or is this all set up for Emma Hayes ... ?!

I wouldn’t mind if so much if it was a big club, Leeds for example. But Bristol City? Sure, it’s a step up in level, but a big club in the Championship they’re not.

No way Hogg is staying, he will be going with LM. I find the decision to leave already
very strange, which makes me think, he is not completely happy with something behind the scenes, which may of influenced his decision!!!!
Which is worrying because presumably Price will follow suit aswell leaving Short as the only first team coach. Meaning this appointment has to be spot on and we haven’t got time to wait around.

Wonder if it makes us a more attractive proposition for any potential manager because they can bring in their own coaching team with them.

John Eustace, Luke Williams or Des Buckingham would be my current top 3.

Can someone clarify as I’m just seeing this?

Does he not have a contract where the club can keep him here? Is it not the boards decision whether he leaves?

Apart from being massively disappointed in the integrity of Manning if he chooses to leave , as a man who has tried to present himself as a man of integrity, I’ll also lose complete faith in this clubs leadership. It shows no ambition, no respect to the fans, and quite frankly suggests we are watching something very different to what we’ve been told

Good luck Tim
There’s a release clause in his contract, apparently.

It's possible to both understand the reasoning for moving, and also have it feel like a gut punch.

End of the day, our priority is our club and his is his family and career, but it doesn't half suck when in following his priority it fucks ours. Whether that's a player or manager.

Nothing wrong with being pissed off with him ditching us after 8 months, but similarly nothing wrong with him doing the ditching imo.

Back
Top Bottom