Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many really great managers are there ? pep,fergie , wenger, klopp .How many have we had ,Smith was my favourite, best football ever. So Manning we have done well so far but dud he jump because he knew we were quite lucky recently. I would love Nathan Jones we are a lovely project with the ground ,the area, the owners. Time will tell but it will be fun waiting for the next Manager to turn up.

We certainly don’t need one of these big time managers, who’ve played in the Premiership and think they know everything about footy.

I’d like Graham Potter but suspect he’s out of our range. Thierry Henry has all his badges and might be tempted away from the French U21 side. Andy Whing would be a brave but respectable choice.

Hope it’s not Dean Smith or Jimmy Floyd-H, or even Scott Parker.

Apologies if this has already been posted but a very encouraging read for Des Buckingham fans. Hope the link works.

Great read although I'm left feeling there's an element of being in a cult with TCG, something doesn't quite sit right.

Fowler, Lampard, Cotterill, Bowyer, Fattie Evans, Barton or Ainsworth would probably be my least wanted.

Outside of that fairly open minded. Glad Short has ruled himself out, but hope whoever comes in keeps him around given reports suggest he's done a decent job both times under contrasting managers.
Buckingham or Eustace for me please.

Last edited:
I’d like Graham Potter but suspect he’s out of our range. Thierry Henry has all his badges and might be tempted away from the French U21 side. Andy Whing would be a brave but respectable choice.

Hope it’s not Dean Smith or Jimmy Floyd-H, or even Scott Parker.
Think we're more likely to get Harry Potter than Graham to be honest.

Ryan Mason or Andrew Crofts
For me
Paul Wellers Keyboardist? A talented musician who fronts his own band ( The Moons) ,as well as embarking on a solo career too, would he have time to Manage the U's with his touring and recording commitments?

Last edited:
I'd back us to go up with Eustace. We actually have a high quality squad now- thanks to Ed W and Manning- and I just think that a good coach with the right approach would see us right up there. The raw materials are there- and we have depth in lots of areas.

Also- Kyle Edwards and Marcus Browne coming back makes us a hell of a lot better. A bit of clever January biz and we'll have one of the best squads in the league.

Desperate to keep hold of Maguane but I don't think we will...

Beale or Eustace for me please.
Beale?! Done absolutely nothing bar being an absolute disaster in his sole role at Rangers.

Added to that the way he left QPR and it's a HUGE no from me.

I'm genuinely coming more round to Wilder. Recently promoted from this league, good tactician and respected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom