Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ainsworth gets alot of unjust stick on this forum I think. He did an amazing job at Wycombe, and was totally the wrong appointment for QPR.

He isn't the right fit for us. I think we all know that. But by all accounts he is a genuine, good guy. I don't think there's any agro toward us from him side. Unsure why we give it back.
It's purely down to us not being happy with his record against us.

Buckingham would be the ideal appointment I think. Although, I am still hankering after a batshit crazy one such as Mario Balotelli as player/coach. Can you imagine?

Having read other clubs forums, there is still a massive oversight of what is happening at this club. There is still a perception that we are a poor club (despite having one of the biggest budgets in League 1, a new 16k stadium which will be one of the most modern and impressive outside of the PL.

We have no local competition and we are based in a city that is known worldwide. There is so much opportunity for growth here and the current ownership have the money to make it happen.

This is an extremely attractive job for any ambitious, young manager.

Having read other clubs forums, there is still a massive oversight of what is happening at this club. There is still a perception that we are a poor club (despite having one of the biggest budgets in League 1, a new 16k stadium which will be one of the most modern and impressive outside of the PL.

We have no local competition and we are based in a city that is known worldwide. There is so much opportunity for growth here and the current ownership have the money to make it happen.

This is an extremely attractive job for any ambitious, young manager.
Think the reality of currently having one of the worst stadiums in England in a crap location and being a club who haven't been in the top two divisions for about 25 years kind of supersedes that for a lot of people.

Think the reality of currently having one of the worst stadiums in England in a crap location and being a club who haven't been in the top two divisions for about 25 years kind of supersedes that for a lot of people.
Oh, absolutely. And don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that we are still going under the radar.

Has he done the obligatory ‘I’ve heard nothing/concentrating on Notts County/there’s nothing in it..’ interview anywhere yet..?
He was asked the question on their local radio and told of Rodrigues' comments.

He blushed and said "Rubes said that?!?" while giggling like a schoolgirl and then running off, clutching his notebook with "LW 4 RR" written in hearts all over it. It's happening.

There may be mitigating circumstances but the job Williams did at Swindon still looks iffy to me. They were a wimpy, insipid outfit under him. You obviously cannot be that to guide a team out of the NL (especially when pushing the moneybags of Wrexham so close) so he may have sharpened that side of his game up, but I have my doubts - which I admit are based on nothing more than hunches.

Possible mitigation being that it was seven years ago. Too early for him as a manager? He's then been assistant to a progressive Russell Martin at both MK and Swansea - possibly far greater experience for what was to come (and better ethos development).

I would agree though that it is tricky to be totally enamoured with a manager who has a great record at just the one club - and a club like Notts County who, at the time of his appointment, were already geared up for success. But then again, so are we?

On Craig Short, I think what’s he’s brought over the last week is a level of class, stability and leadership that I, to be honest after last season, didn’t really expect. Liked that he highlighted Price, loved the celebrations at Orient, clearly respected by the players.

He is absolutely not a candidate here, but he might prove critical in making someone like Buckingham a success by providing some positive continuity and potentially offering a ready-made backroom team with the Derby guy and Hackett.
I quite agree with you WRox, CS is obviously well respected by the players. I personally think, CS should be part of the new management team in whatever capacity they seem fit. I live in Leeds, West Yorkshire, I will try and find out about this Leeds U18's coach if I can. COYY's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom