EFL MK Dons..........

response from EFL arrived
IMO its a' polite' interpretation of the words to the song that goes ' my old man said be a sw*nd*n fan, I said.....

EFL - response to my email complaint :-

Thank you for your e-mail, we note your comments.

First of all, it is of course regrettable if a change in fixture schedule affects any supporters ability to attend a match.

Whilst we aim to confirm all TV selections as soon as possible, the announcement dates provided are illustrative and subject to change. There are a number of factors influencing when a final announcement can be made, including considerations to other competitions that are shown on Sky Sports also.

As you have now seen, all the TV selections for the Easter weekend have now been confirmed, as per the article released on our website yesterday, which you can view here.

Thank you for contacting the EFL and your comments have been passed onto the relevant team for their information.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny
Supporter Services Department
EFL
Exactly the same response that I got back.

Sky have been a disaster for most clubs
With the invention of the Premier League all that has happened is that billions of pounds have gone into players and agents pockets
The top flight clubs pay way too much for average players and this has a knock on effect to clubs down the leagues
And don’t get me started on all their stats
Eg So many premier league appearances , goals etc
It’s as if football didn’t exist before 1992
There is a good book called
Can we have our football back by John Nicholson which is a great read

Exactly the same response that I got back.

I used to work at Sky. You’ll be getting generic templates tweaked by an individual in a customer service center in Dunfermline / Livingston who has no influence on the schedule selection nor would they ever consider changing their choices based on feedback from lower league fans. It will entirely based on data to maximize audience numbers and the data will be very sophisticated. Very few fans would know or care that Oxford are top scorers and hence it wouldn’t impact people tuning in

I used to work at Sky. You’ll be getting generic templates tweaked by an individual in a customer service center in Dunfermline / Livingston who has no influence on the schedule selection nor would they ever consider changing their choices based on feedback from lower league fans. It will entirely based on data to maximize audience numbers and the data will be very sophisticated. Very few fans would know or care that Oxford are top scorers and hence it wouldn’t impact people tuning in
It's the EFL I contacted rather than Sky

The most baffling thing is that people have swallowed the you'll have what game we choose for all these years...Added to that watching an up and coming boxer through is early career until title night and then it's that will be another ££££ thank you

I lost my father recently and found out that Sk* were charging him and my mother £150 per Month. :mad::mad::mad:😫😫😫

I spent a lot of time with the various leadership teams there and with a few exceptions they were all some of the most Machiavellian people I’ve worked with in the corporate world.

They took great pride in the fact that any corporate social responsibility work was not philanthropic but designed to deliver greater margins or should be scrapped

Sky will charge you a premium BUT if you call them and say it's too much/you're going to cancel/remove the sports package, they will find loads of discounts that you're entitled to but haven't advised you about.

My contract (and current discounts) expire in May and I think my total price for TV, Phone & Broadband will rise to around £140/£150, but I'm confident that I can talk it down to under £100. If not, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Sky will charge you a premium BUT if you call them and say it's too much/you're going to cancel/remove the sports package, they will find loads of discounts that you're entitled to but haven't advised you about.

My contract (and current discounts) expire in May and I think my total price for TV, Phone & Broadband will rise to around £140/£150, but I'm confident that I can talk it down to under £100. If not, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.
I’m in the same boat. Currently paying £90 following a twice negotiated discount 18 months ago and now due to hit the £150 mark in May as well. No doubt I’ll get it down to under a £100 but I hate the process & get even more pissed off when I ring up and they say every time “what a privilege it is for me to speak to a VIP Diamond customer who’s been with us over 20 years”. Pure bullshit.

Last edited:

My wife does the same with virgin media every time the bill goes up she phones them and says unless it's under 100 she will go elsewhere it's amazing what they can do we've been with them for 10 years and never paid over 100 for the whole package TV broadband phone

Do your Sky packages include stuff like Netflix, DAZN, Disney Plus etc.?

I’m in the same boat. Currently paying £90 following a twice negotiated discount 18 months ago and now due to hit the £150 mark in May ad well. No doubt I’ll get it down to under a £100 but I hate the process & get even more pissed off when I ring up and they say every time “what a privilege it is for me to speak to a VIP Diamond customer who’s been with us over 20 years”. Pure bullshit.
You must be speaking to the same person I get! Same deal, every 18 months a phone call and a debate over prices - end result, always a reduction. They can get away with it because so many are not willing to take them on and argue their case.
Similar to @horseman , I dealt with all my parents affairs when they gave me Power of Attorney. Had one row after another with companies that had been ripping them off for years. The most galling part was that my father was a genuinely honest and decent man who expected to be treated in the same manner.
He didn't use the internet, didn't even have a pc until very late in life, so he never experienced comparison sites.
It annoys the s**t out of me that we all have to fight to get a deal. All this "new customer" only bullshit. Fine, give me the same price or I'll be a new customer somewhere else.

Do your Sky packages include stuff like Netflix, DAZN, Disney Plus etc.?
Mine includes Netflix & Sports. Also Multiroom for my 3 Sky Q mini boxes.
Thing is though that I love the convenience of Sky Q, the content as well and the fact I can watch anything easily on 3 other teles round the house. It’s just the pricing shitfest I hate.

Mine includes Netflix & Sports. Also Multiroom for my 3 Sky Q mini boxes.
Thing is though that I love the convenience of Sky Q, the content as well and the fact I can watch anything easily on 3 other teles round the house. It’s just the pricing shitfest I hate.
You must be mad on telly

New deal with VM £69 for al BB and tv package including Sky sports & BT sports. Easy when you know how!

Back
Top Bottom