General New kit 2022/23

To be fair to the club, it's a little out of their hands.

The past few seasons, it's been an unknown as to what league we could be in until quite late in the season. This may well have resulted in issues regarding sponsors and even kit suppliers. I'm sure EB Charging initially mentioned a 3-year deal, and like Amazing Thailand decided to pull out.

Any sponsorship deal will depend on the league we are in, and this will determine the price paid and also whether there is interest from other parties. (I can imagine a championship club will find it far easier to attract sponsors).

So only once the club were definitely staying in league 1 could decisions be made by all parties. (sponsors, potential new sponsors waiting in the wings and kit suppliers).

Only when all deals are in place can production begin, initially with pre-production samples. The kit supplier will then need to find space in their production facilities, and source materials before producing the garments. And then get everything boxed up and in all likelihood, put on a slow boat from China.

I know it sounds a faff, but this is the real world of manufacturing.
Can totally understand the situation this summer regarding the earlier start to the season and the change of both kit supplier and main sponsor, but this is an issue that's gone on for many seasons, and we always struggle to announce the kit in good time, and even have it available for supporters to buy at the first game of the season.

As others have said, if other clubs can do it, then why can't we? Especially when we were with Puma and were selecting from their line of template kits. It's clear that the process needs to be streamlined and more efficient in the future so we can sort out this in good time, because it really shouldn't take 41 days since the end of the season for the club to only be announcing the change of kit supplier.

Last edited:
That away kit is better than they deserve.

Shite sponsor mind.
Don't see how a huge company like Amazon is a shite sponsor. Remember Animalates, Black n Rounds and Amazing Thailand?!

Wonder who we'll get this year?

Down to personal taste I guess.

For me, the ideal sponsor is a relatively household name (or at least identiable as to what they do/are from the logo), nothing controversial - no gambling etc, ideally local (or at least some Oxon connection), and importantly a clean (one colour) simple-worded logo.

We were spoilt with UNIPART for years. Just gorgeous. And then we backed it up shortly after with the almost equally delightful BUILDBASE.
A return to something on those lines would be most welcome.

Fwiw, I thought EB Charging was a decent sponsor and ticked all of those boxes too. .

For me, the ideal sponsor is a relatively household name (or at least identiable as to what they do/are from the logo), nothing controversial - no gambling etc, ideally local (or at least some Oxon connection), and importantly a clean (one colour) simple-worded logo.

We were spoilt with UNIPART for years. Just gorgeous. And then we backed it up shortly after with the almost equally delightful BUILDBASE.
A return to something on those lines would be most welcome.

Fwiw, I thought EB Charging was a decent sponsor and ticked all of those boxes too. .
For me, my favourite ones are all food-related (probably says a lot about me). Wolves with Doritos, Fulham with Pizza Hut, Leicester with Walkers, Stevenage with Burger King and Plymouth with Ginsters. Wonder what an Oxford food-related sponsor could look like. Frank Cooper's Marmalade?

Last edited:
For me, my favourite ones are all food-related (probably says a lot about me). Wolves with Doritos, Fulham with Pizza Hut, Leicester with Walkers, Stevenage with Burger King and Plymouth with Ginsters. Wonder was an Oxford food-related sponsor could look like, Frank Cooper's Marmalade?

1654867305470.png

• React
Reactions: MJB
For me, my favourite ones are all food-related (probably says a lot about me). Wolves with Doritos, Fulham with Pizza Hut, Leicester with Walkers, Stevenage with Burger King and Plymouth with Ginsters. Wonder what an Oxford food-related sponsor could look like. Frank Cooper's Marmalade?
You'll be one of the 6 people in the UK who like 'The Hundred' cricket then, the kits would be right up your alley...

The-Hundred-kits-launch1-752x428.jpg

The recent EFL rule changes regarding clubs having to only use garments from registered Home, Away and Third kits runs the risk of seeing some poor mixed-kit combinations. (Our 2021 away variations are a good example).

The ability to use any combination of Red, White and Black is really well thought out.

'If' Macron is indeed Oxford's new kit supplier, I really hope we have also given consideration to this approach too.

View attachment 8960

Love the idea of the combinations like this. Yellow, white and navy versions of shirts, shorts, and socks would be great for mix and matching and mean we have KRs preferred white kit as well as alternatives to cover all bases.

Last edited:
They should have used this lot; https://www.zapkam.com/

Design your own kit, never goes out of date as it never goes out of stock because they just print more. Maybe not what professional clubs are looking for but fully recommend them for any local grassroots sports team.

Love the idea of the combinations like this. Yellow, white and navy versions of shirts, shorts, and socks would be great for mix and matching and mean we have KRs preferred white kit as well as alternatives to cover all bases.
Second that re utilising yellow shorts and socks - & maybe white shorts and socks too into the 2nd & third kits ....giving the option of playing in all yellow, or with yellow shorts or socks if neccessary ....yellow and navy blue kit when ever possible in the coming season home and away please

Back
Top Bottom