General New kit 2022/23

The recent EFL rule changes regarding clubs having to only use garments from registered Home, Away and Third kits runs the risk of seeing some poor mixed-kit combinations. (Our 2021 away variations are a good example).

The ability to use any combination of Red, White and Black is really well thought out.

'If' Macron is indeed Oxford's new kit supplier, I really hope we have also given consideration to this approach too.

View attachment 8960
Shame the red of the shorts doesn't match the red on the shirt.

We brought back the red and black stripes for the 15/16 promotion season. I’m going to wear it every single day until Sarge completely loses it.

Is he going to completely lose it because you are wearing a red OUFC top, or because you won’t be wearing anything but a shirt?

Is he going to completely lose it because you are wearing a red OUFC top, or because you won’t be wearing anything but a shirt?
Cooking sausages like that would certainly be a risky way of doing it.

White away and a more casual blue third is the plan. Don’t think club have a main sponsor yet or confirmed the shirt designs!!

White away and a more casual blue third is the plan. Don’t think club have a main sponsor yet or confirmed the shirt designs!!

🙄 Great , so we will all be wearing last year's kit until the middle of September as there won't be any stock in the club shop of the new kit. We must lose hundreds of pounds in revenue being late to the party every year.

I heard a bloke from Hummel on the price of football podcast. He said they make bespoke kits for every club they work with. Their new Bristol City and Cov kits are nice. Hope we can get something as good.

He also said it takes them two months to get the shirts from the factory to the clubs, so there's probably a boat somewhere with a shed load of yellow shirts on it.

Last edited:
I heard a bloke from Hummel on the price of football podcast. He said they make bespoke kits for every club they work with. Their new Bristol City and Cov kits are nice. Hope we can get something as good.

He also said it takes them two months to get the shirts from the factory to the clubs, so there's probably a boat somewhere with a shed load of yellow shirts on it.
People are saying it’s Macron? I would prefer Hummel though tbh

I really wish we’d get our act together and release the kit for the summer rather than just before the season starts.

I really wish we’d get our act together and release the kit for the summer rather than just before the season starts.

Don’t be silly.

Selling kit & season tickets clearly isn’t important to the club 🤦‍♂️

To be fair to the club, it's a little out of their hands.

The past few seasons, it's been an unknown as to what league we could be in until quite late in the season. This may well have resulted in issues regarding sponsors and even kit suppliers. I'm sure EB Charging initially mentioned a 3-year deal, and like Amazing Thailand decided to pull out.

Any sponsorship deal will depend on the league we are in, and this will determine the price paid and also whether there is interest from other parties. (I can imagine a championship club will find it far easier to attract sponsors).

So only once the club were definitely staying in league 1 could decisions be made by all parties. (sponsors, potential new sponsors waiting in the wings and kit suppliers).

Only when all deals are in place can production begin, initially with pre-production samples. The kit supplier will then need to find space in their production facilities, and source materials before producing the garments. And then get everything boxed up and in all likelihood, put on a slow boat from China.

I know it sounds a faff, but this is the real world of manufacturing.

To be fair to the club, it's a little out of their hands.

The past few seasons, it's been an unknown as to what league we could be in until quite late in the season. This may well have resulted in issues regarding sponsors and even kit suppliers. I'm sure EB Charging initially mentioned a 3-year deal, and like Amazing Thailand decided to pull out.

Any sponsorship deal will depend on the league we are in, and this will determine the price paid and also whether there is interest from other parties. (I can imagine a championship club will find it far easier to attract sponsors).

So only once the club were definitely staying in league 1 could decisions be made by all parties. (sponsors, potential new sponsors waiting in the wings and kit suppliers).

Only when all deals are in place can production begin, initially with pre-production samples. The kit supplier will then need to find space in their production facilities, and source materials before producing the garments. And then get everything boxed up and in all likelihood, put on a slow boat from China.

I know it sounds a faff, but this is the real world of manufacturing.
How do other clubs manage to get their kits out before July?

Back
Top Bottom