General New kit 2022/23

Although I'm not a huge fan of Macron, having a personalised kit design and range would be a huge benefit to the club rather than these generic pre-made templates provided by the likes of Puma and Nike. Big clubs can work closely with these Goliath brands but EFL ones largely get palmed off with their distribution partners in which we cherrypick a range of training and leisurewear on top of the kit templates available. The end result is someone having the same kit as another team in the Swedish league or German second division. I think at one point a decade ago, our away shirt was Southend's home one from the year previous or something crazy.

It would definitely be nice to have a range that we can call our own rather than manufactured but it has to be quality and not like the TFG days!

Although I'm not a huge fan of Macron, having a personalised kit design and range would be a huge benefit to the club rather than these generic pre-made templates provided by the likes of Puma and Nike. Big clubs can work closely with these Goliath brands but EFL ones largely get palmed off with their distribution partners in which we cherrypick a range of training and leisurewear on top of the kit templates available. The end result is someone having the same kit as another team in the Swedish league or German second division. I think at one point a decade ago, our away shirt was Southend's home one from the year previous or something crazy.

It would definitely be nice to have a range that we can call our own rather than manufactured but it has to be quality and not like the TFG days!
1653915786668.png 1653915771473.png
We wore it first. OUFC Away 2011/2012, SUFC Home 2012/13.

The recent EFL rule changes regarding clubs having to only use garments from registered Home, Away and Third kits runs the risk of seeing some poor mixed-kit combinations. (Our 2021 away variations are a good example).

The ability to use any combination of Red, White and Black is really well thought out.

'If' Macron is indeed Oxford's new kit supplier, I really hope we have also given consideration to this approach too.

FUU9eHKWUAAwRdC.jpg

The recent EFL rule changes regarding clubs having to only use garments from registered Home, Away and Third kits runs the risk of seeing some poor mixed-kit combinations. (Our 2021 away variations are a good example).

The ability to use any combination of Red, White and Black is really well thought out.

'If' Macron is indeed Oxford's new kit supplier, I really hope we have also given consideration to this approach too.

View attachment 8960
please no RED in any OUFC kit

please no RED in any OUFC kit
Hi Sarge, I know you hate red, but in fairness, we wore red away kits for 5 seasons in the '60s, for 3 seasons in the '70s, for 6 seasons in the '80s and for 6 seasons in the '90s. It's been 25 years since we last wore red. Surely time for a change? - I'll get my coat :p

View attachment 8960
Absolutely agree with that. Ideally yellow shorts and socks in the second or third kits to allow an all yellow alternative away.

Back
Top Bottom