General New kit 2022/23

How do other clubs manage to get their kits out before July?
Some do, and we have managed in the past (end of 2016/17). But when you have new sponsorship deals to sort (possibly x3) and what appears likely to be a new kit supplier, likely manufactured in the far east, the wheels turn slower than many fans would like.

I think we can all agree it would be great to have a kit launch before the summer hols, including the club, as replica kit is a valuable income stream. But complaining about perceived slow progress is both unfair on the club, and shows a lack of understanding on the processes and work involved.

To be fair to the club, it's a little out of their hands.

The past few seasons, it's been an unknown as to what league we could be in until quite late in the season. This may well have resulted in issues regarding sponsors and even kit suppliers. I'm sure EB Charging initially mentioned a 3-year deal, and like Amazing Thailand decided to pull out.

Any sponsorship deal will depend on the league we are in, and this will determine the price paid and also whether there is interest from other parties. (I can imagine a championship club will find it far easier to attract sponsors).

So only once the club were definitely staying in league 1 could decisions be made by all parties. (sponsors, potential new sponsors waiting in the wings and kit suppliers).

Only when all deals are in place can production begin, initially with pre-production samples. The kit supplier will then need to find space in their production facilities, and source materials before producing the garments. And then get everything boxed up and in all likelihood, put on a slow boat from China.

I know it sounds a faff, but this is the real world of manufacturing.
Most clubs have the same problems and a lot of them seem to have kits out on sale in July , we fail EVERY season

I’m not really keen on Macron at all. They are responsible for this. I would much prefer Hummel or Adidas as I fear we might be lumbered with something similar. Also with Macron how good is the training gear? A89D492B-7BA3-485A-B2F3-DA52330E4C58.jpeg

Macron do bespoke designs (Adidas use all the same templates!) And cheaper than puma.
So no excuses not to have better leisurewear and training wear and cheaper than the puma stuff we’ve had.

Most clubs start planning next seasons kits by Xmas. We knew last summer it was our last year with Puma.

It is Macron

It is Macron

"revealed later this summer"

Summer does not start for another 11 days and the season starts in 50 days. The timings seem tight.

Summer does not start for another 11 days and the season starts in 50 days. The timings seem tight.

It's always tight, didn't we play some pre season friendlies last season it the kit from the previous season? With a new kit manufacturer and a new sponsor we are probably looking at the kits coming out in July but probably only available for pre order for the first game of the season, hope I'm wrong mind.

On a different note, does anyone know what macron sizes are like? Puma we're strange and it meant me having to buy an XL shirt where I normally take a medium in other polo shirts etc, my son was the same he normally fits in 13/14 or 14/15 but with last seasons shirt he was in a small mens.

may be worth saying that when buying replica shirts, with Macron making them aim 2 (two) sizes bigger than your usual size - at least

Macron made replica kits bear little correlation to the size claimed in the shirts they produce .... physically try one on , or if buying mail order go up two sizes ... Macron shirts are notoriously undersized - therefore tight!

may be worth saying that when buying replica shirts, with Macron making them aim 2 (two) sizes bigger than your usual size - at least

Macron made replica kits bear little correlation to the size claimed in the shirts they produce .... physically try one on , or if buying mail order go up two sizes ... Macron shirts are notoriously undersized - therefore tight!

No change from Puma then with their skin tight shirts.

It's always tight, didn't we play some pre season friendlies last season it the kit from the previous season? With a new kit manufacturer and a new sponsor we are probably looking at the kits coming out in July but probably only available for pre order for the first game of the season, hope I'm wrong mind.

On a different note, does anyone know what macron sizes are like? Puma we're strange and it meant me having to buy an XL shirt where I normally take a medium in other polo shirts etc, my son was the same he normally fits in 13/14 or 14/15 but with last seasons shirt he was in a small mens.
I tried to attach a screen shot of their mens and womens, ok and kids but it says it's too large
Just Google macron kit sizes and it should come up

even tighter than Puma
Which is why (if I buy a shirt from the club) I *never* mail order it, but wait until they have stock in the shop so I can try them on. Not only are the sizes a complete lottery depending on manufacturer, but I also always wear the shirt over a t-shirt. So the size needs to be larger than I'd normally wear anyway.*

* At least that's what I tell myself

Back
Top Bottom