General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it appropriate that for a major development like this enough time is allowed for local consultation? It wouldn't look good if a big development backed by foreign billionaires was seen to be rushed through without locals being consulted, even if everyone knows that stage is a bit token.

Normally the land owner isn't a county council and a consultation is put in before a planning application. This one is more complicated and that's why it seems a consultation is being triggered at the first stage of the land transfer discussion.

Apparently they were canvassed and emailed by supporters in favour but maybe theres more opposition to Stratfield break than we think

Or it is the usual suspects (ie. the likes CPRE) being loud as they normally are and tbf it is often the best way to get heard in such things.

I think we all need to do this when it opens, the opposition certainly will do so we need to outnumber them.

Some suggested wording from OxVox and OUSP would be great for those that may struggle to articulate themselves.
You need to be careful when making identically worded responses to consultations. Multiple cut'n'paste submissions carry less weight and can detract from the points being made.

Why would the board be remotely interested in doing that? If this stadium plan doesn’t happen they will leave and we will be in real danger of going under. What new investors are going to take on a club tied into a 25 year lease on a failing stadium with extortionate rents with no prospect of moving.
I know it is highly unlikely that the board would but they could by buying Kassam out. It would be expensive but depends on the views of the new board. Then if they did they could use that as a bargaining chip in getting permission to build elsewhere so as to give the OCC and option to give Oxford city council to build more homes. Or at a push they could also redevelop the stadium and the whole area surrounding area.

You need to be careful when making identically worded responses to consultations. Multiple cut'n'paste submissions carry less weight and can detract from the points being made.
Maybe a loose template with some ideas of what to write would be helpful, but left for people to put in there own words.

I would have thought the local plans would happen once the planning application had been approved.
These are plans utterly unconnected to OUFC. They have been in existence for some time. I have posted links on multiple occasions.

Moreover, the cabinet actually discussed and agreed actions on cycle lanes for Kidlington etc within this very same meeting. All part and parcel of local plans and, one of the objections to the OUFC application being based on transport links!
(Agenda point 7 - Agenda for Cabinet )

Why would the board be remotely interested in doing that? If this stadium plan doesn’t happen they will leave and we will be in real danger of going under. What new investors are going to take on a club tied into a 25 year lease on a failing stadium with extortionate rents with no prospect of moving.

If they are willing to spend £150 million on Stratfield Brake then they could do the same with the Kassam surely. Obviously we all want Stratfield Brake but other then the land cost and the infrastructure around then both could be beneficial to the investors. They must have a plan b then just up and leave if it doesn't go their way.

I know it is highly unlikely that the board would but they could by buying Kassam out. It would be expensive but depends on the views of the new board. Then if they did they could use that as a bargaining chip in getting permission to build elsewhere so as to give the OCC and option to give Oxford city council to build more homes. Or at a push they could also redevelop the stadium and the whole area surrounding area.
The council don’t need it as a bargaining chip as they already have it, do you not think the day we announce we are leaving the council and Kassam will be rubbing there hands together with the prospect of houses.
Just my opinion but there is no chance at all the board will buy the currrent stadium. I might be wrong but I’d be amazed if it’s ever an option.

If they are willing to spend £150 million on Stratfield Brake then they could do the same with the Kassam surely. Obviously we all want Stratfield Brake but other then the land cost and the infrastructure around then both could be beneficial to the investors. They must have a plan b then just up and leave if it doesn't go their way.

Stop it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In one way I would find it most amusing, however, having seen a potential alternative...

These are plans utterly unconnected to OUFC. They have been in existence for some time. I have posted links on multiple occasions.

Moreover, the cabinet actually discussed and agreed actions on cycle lanes for Kidlington etc within this very same meeting. All part and parcel of local plans and, one of the objections to the OUFC application being based on transport links!
(Agenda point 7 - Agenda for Cabinet )
What I was getting at any other local plans could effectively be put on hold while an application for OUFC is discussed OUFC would have to contribute towards the infrastructure and then they could be all discussed together so as to get the best infrastructure and who would be responsible for what and where.

No because they wouldn't get a return on the Kasstad as Kassam has already had that.

The Kassam site is half the size, has terrible transport links, it isn’t near two park and rides, the A34 and a busy train station accessible from the north and south for starters.

The Kassam site, just to buy it, would take a significant chunk out of that £150m, and it would still be a smaller plot size than Stratfield Brake. Plus they'd have to work around the existing cheaply-built complex and be miles away from good transport links like a train station, main A roads and the airport. No way they'd sink in that money to try and improve on the dross Kassam built.

🙄

Of course they could buy the Kassam. Then to make sure that they get a return they could build a hotel nearby and leisure facilities like a gym, bowling alley, cinema and - oh, hold on …

The Kassam site is half the size, has terrible transport links, it isn’t near two park and rides, the A34 and a busy train station accessible from the north and south for starters.
I agree with that but obviously the county councillors present today couldn’t see that.

This appears frustrating but wasn't entirely unexpected. The proposal was put on at the first available meeting following the board going public, but everyone involved knows that hurdles exist at every level. We wanted local consultation and it has been deferred for exactly that. As others have said, we have to go through these processes professionally and positively and see what comes out the other side.

I, like many I imagine, feel a little flat after today’s meeting. That said, it’s important to remember that any new development will very often have to go through a planning consultation period (often 4-8 weeks) where locals can have their say. It isn’t unusual.

Now most certainly IS the time where we, as a fan base must galvanise the plans and get EVERYBODY right behind it. Get people talking about it, email support to local councillors and sign that blood petition on Saturday!

Bare in mind that our very existence will be in question if this complex doesn’t get the green light. No investor worth their salt is going to take on a new lease agreement under the current terms. Time to focus minds and get everyone behind this proposal.

What happens if we refuse to sign a new lease and ground share? Can kassam develop it?
There is a covenant on it saying it must be used as a sports facility I believe. BUT… if we ‘choose’ to leave I can’t imagine it would take long for he council to get that removed and houses to be built. They aren’t going to use other sites when they have a large brownfield site doing nothing and the team who played there chose to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom