General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to be realistic here. It was never going to be a “Yes” outcome today, and it’s right they should give it longer. This is a massive opportunity for the city and local communities, to benefit from. It will create jobs, and improve young opportunities to play and develop in many sports. I’m not quite sure why nobody was there to represent to football club, because I think someone should have been.

Mr Hill showed a complete lack of knowledge, saying we don’t have the funds to see this through. Deary me, we are dealing with Mr Thohir, and the Bakrie family. Not Ronnie and Reggie.

Sometimes I feel the local councillors would rather see this city stagnate, rather than show progression. If it was wanted by a college then it would be a straight forward answer, because they get whatever they want.

It’s going to be a long road, but I think we might pull this off. Local sporting teams that use the area are all for this to happen, and the councillors must take that on board, as well as the local residents of the area. A deferred outcome was always on the cards today in all honesty.

Please stop all this nonsense about the kassam stadium! It is not an option for loads of reasons, that have been discussed many many times. There is no interest in buying it and no interest in selling it. We've been through this all before, and to be sidetracked by it now would be very harmful.

We all need to focus on supporting Stratfield Brake, and not get divided/sidetracked, as Stratfield Brake is our ONLY option.

You only need to look at history of Oxford United and new ground developments to see that today wasn’t unexpected at all.

Ps : hostile abuse of opponents on this forum isn’t going to help win PR battles . As Oxvox alluded. Someone missed a trick today in not getting a friendly local resident speaking up though.

You need to be careful when making identically worded responses to consultations. Multiple cut'n'paste submissions carry less weight and can detract from the points being made.
Those that can articulate a detailed argument absolutely should, those that can't may need help with this. It's irrelevant if it's the same wording it'll give them an idea of the scale of support.

Without suggested wording unhelpful messages may be sent

What I was getting at any other local plans could effectively be put on hold while an application for OUFC is discussed OUFC would have to contribute towards the infrastructure and then they could be all discussed together so as to get the best infrastructure and who would be responsible for what and where.
The point being @bazzer9461 that OUFC have committed to enhancing transport links within the discussed proposal. As this already forms an integral part of local planning, it should be seen as a bonus to the locals in that someone else is going to pay for some, if not all of the work.
This is from the proposal submitted:
"significantly improve the infrastructure connectivity in this location, improving public transport to reduce the need for car travel in so far as possible, and to improve sustainable transport through increased walking, cycling and rail use"

Just for clarity the only decision they had to agree to today was to agree to talk. No more no less.

They deferred what was, probably, the easiest decision in the process.

They failed to grasp what they were being asked to decide on, people tabled information that was untrue and misleading.

We`ve got years of this to come and that clock won`t stop ticking.

For a historical comparison we seem to have found our Les Wells already......

I think the problem with people like John Hill is that they use some facts in their statements. I can’t remember everything he said, but it was things like: oufc had disputes over service charges and implied a lack of funds, had faced problems with registering their accounts, “oufc” had no track record in such developments. There’s truth in all these. What’s needed is a PR exercise to stress these are all in the past and the new owners have both the funds and the experience.

It seems shocking to me that a first step was allowed to have a person speak without being challenged on any of his points which were basically anti Oxford United rather than facts which you will expect .
To even mention ground sharing was incredulous at this meeting as that was not the point of it.

Just a thought, do we need a private forum to discuss plans to support this? The opposition and OCC can read this afterall, perhaps a closed forum will allow us to speak freely?

It seems shocking to me that a first step was allowed to have a person speak without being challenged on any of his points which were basically anti Oxford United rather than facts which you will expect .
To even mention ground sharing was incredulous at this meeting as that was not the point of it.

That's why it was deferred not declined.

That's why it was deferred not declined.
So whats the point of that stage then .Any old Joe can rock up and try to derail a massive, long term investment in Oxon that woukd offer benefits to the whole county as well as economically create jobs in the Kidlington area.
He can happily come in and give opinion later stage when others also will be represented but unchallenged at the feasibility stage ...wow

The point being @bazzer9461 that OUFC have committed to enhancing transport links within the discussed proposal. As this already forms an integral part of local planning, it should be seen as a bonus to the locals in that someone else is going to pay for some, if not all of the work.
This is from the proposal submitted:
"significantly improve the infrastructure connectivity in this location, improving public transport to reduce the need for car travel in so far as possible, and to improve sustainable transport through increased walking, cycling and rail use"
Off course the infrastructure to the area in and around Stratfield Brake could well be a selling pint in the planning application.
I believe a minimum of two access roads would be needed at Stratfield Brake with the installation of Traffic lights. A walkway from Oxford Parkway for the safety of fans would also have to be a plus for the local population.
They will be very costly but in the long term very beneficial to everyone concerned.
But it’s the local infrastructure where it’s co-opted into each other if beneficial and the cost could decide for who’s responsible for what.
I would have thought with such a major development such as Stratfield break would have been considered alongside local plan infrastructure to see if there is a plus for both OUFC and local planning.

John Hill = Les Wells

(In all seriousness though, whilst his comments were fundamentally wrong, off topic and irrelevant to what should have been discussed, no abuse should be sent his way. It paints OUFC and all connected in a bad light.)
Whoops. Too late, sorry Dog Shite already posted to him in a brown envelope 🤭

I think we have to be realistic here. It was never going to be a “Yes” outcome today, and it’s right they should give it longer. This is a massive opportunity for the city and local communities, to benefit from. It will create jobs, and improve young opportunities to play and develop in many sports. I’m not quite sure why nobody was there to represent to football club, because I think someone should have been.

Mr Hill showed a complete lack of knowledge, saying we don’t have the funds to see this through. Deary me, we are dealing with Mr Thohir, and the Bakrie family. Not Ronnie and Reggie.

Sometimes I feel the local councillors would rather see this city stagnate, rather than show progression. If it was wanted by a college then it would be a straight forward answer, because they get whatever they want.

It’s going to be a long road, but I think we might pull this off. Local sporting teams that use the area are all for this to happen, and the councillors must take that on board, as well as the local residents of the area. A deferred outcome was always on the cards today in all honesty.
I think Ronnie and Reggie would have paid a visit to Mr Hill by now😉

Just a thought, do we need a private forum to discuss plans to support this? The opposition and OCC can read this afterall, perhaps a closed forum will allow us to speak freely?
Let them, then they can gauge an opinion on what is said on here.

If they are willing to spend £150 million on Stratfield Brake then they could do the same with the Kassam surely. Obviously we all want Stratfield Brake but other then the land cost and the infrastructure around then both could be beneficial to the investors. They must have a plan b then just up and leave if it doesn't go their way.
Why must they ? They build new Stadiums and make the surrounding areas their money pot while assisting the club with peppercorn rents . This is an amazing chance to build a high level club which if not taken then the future is very , very uncertain.

Off course the infrastructure to the area in and around Stratfield Brake could well be a selling pint in the planning application.
I believe a minimum of two access roads would be needed at Stratfield Brake with the installation of Traffic lights. A walkway from Oxford Parkway for the safety of fans would also have to be a plus for the local population.
They will be very costly but in the long term very beneficial to everyone concerned.
But it’s the local infrastructure where it’s co-opted into each other if beneficial and the cost could decide for who’s responsible for what.
I would have thought with such a major development such as Stratfield break would have been considered alongside local plan infrastructure to see if there is a plus for both OUFC and local planning.
For the last time, it already has been considered and accepted. With or without OUFC, there will be improvements to the transport structure around Kidlington, Parkway Station and Park and Ride and the (in development) Northern Gateway site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom