New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

View attachment 16188View attachment 16189View attachment 16190

I hate capitals in the middle of sentences, it's unhinged.

I don't remember a footbridge being 'promised', a possibility, but not 'promised'. Still using language like "INUNDATED", just more of the same like the claims. And the use of "CLAUSTROPHOBIC" is just plain weird.

I can only assume Trump wrote that for them. They clearly don't grasp that the use of capitals like this means they are now trolling/parodying themselves. No doubt the author is impressed with themselves for that parody.

I don't remember a footbridge being 'promised', a possibility, but not 'promised'. Still using language like "INUNDATED", just more of the same like the claims. And the use of "CLAUSTROPHOBIC" is just plain weird.

I can only assume Trump wrote that for them. They clearly don't grasp that the use of capitals like this means they are now trolling/parodying themselves. No doubt the author is impressed with themselves for that parody.
I'm just waiting for their "The windmills on the new stadium will kill all the whales" argument...and then we know they'll have gone full Trump.

I would think with a road closure, buses emergency vehicles etc, would be able to go through similar to queen street....goodness, it's for a few hours , on average ONCE, every two weeks.
What happened at the manor when we all piled out onto London road, there was no problem?

Who the f**k are the "O's"????? Typical of that rag.
OK, that's bad enough. But worse, far worse, is what they write below:

"Rather than extend their agreement [at the Kassam], however, they are instead looking to move."

They write that despite quoting Tim Williams, later on, that we have "no option to extend the lease". Even the Fail journalists aren't quite that bad.

I would think with a road closure, buses emergency vehicles etc, would be able to go through similar to queen street....goodness, it's for a few hours , on average ONCE, every two weeks.
What happened at the manor when we all piled out onto London road, there was no problem?

That was the past though, when people had a sense of proportion.

"Rather than extend their agreement [at the Kassam], however, they are instead looking to move."

They write that despite quoting Tim Williams, later on, that we have "no option to extend the lease". Even the Fail journalists aren't quite that bad.
If only the penny would drop with more people that The Sun is an absolute shitrag and always has been . . .

To be fair, it’s very hard to hear precise statements when you’re listening to private voicemails. Sometimes you will get a few words wrong.

The idea of temporary road closures will presumably have gone down well with the fella who was worried about nuclear weapons being driven past the stadium during a game.
This is the only reason it was proposed, such was the concern.

There probably won’t be a yellow brick road colour scheme outside, as the scheme needs to attract attendees to the hotel and conference centre - but plenty of yellow and blue insinside
Just reading back through the summary from the webinar the other night (particularly the comment above) and looking at the images is anyone else concerned there is a distinct lack of yellow and OUFC insignia outside the stadium? With the response above it feels like the designers are putting the hotel before the club?

It may all change as the designs are finalised but personally I would like to see the "XYZ stadium - Home of Oxford United FC" emblazoned in large letters on the side of the stadium and go the whole hog with the yellow, with flags, signage etc. I'm no horticulturist but googling "yellow shrubs uk" surely we could plant those outside along with daffodils/primroses etc planted on the approach roads.

As for the stadium name, the Kidlington Football Coliseum (KFC) might be popular with some on here ;)

There was a bridge in some of the diagrams, but I thought that it has been made clear that the diagrams were not a set of actual designs ( even the recent designs could change), and so there were never any promises that I read?

Couldn’t they raise the gradient of the Oxford road from the roundabout, levelling and joining the bridge.
Leaving a extended pedestrian, cycle zone underneath.

Presume that's an ironic post?

I may get whooshed for this but that would be a huge project costing millions and cause delay on the railway and A34 for months if mo longer given how long these things seem to take these days.

Just close the road for a few hours every other week during the football season!!

Last edited:
oxford mail today, it's all about traffic.. it's all beyond me seeing as I don't drive. crazy...
Screenshot 2023-10-12 12.10.46 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-12 12.13.15 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-12 12.14.56 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-12 12.17.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-12 12.19.23 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-12 12.21.53 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-12 12.23.32 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-12 12.24.32 PM.png

Disappointing that we haven’t included nuclear bunkers. Seems like us footie fans just don’t count when the A34 catastrophe takes place. I’m going to have to make sure my season ticket is as far away as possible from the road now or suffer the inconvenience of turning up in full hazmat.

Back
Top Bottom