New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

When you compare the Oxford Road closure to what you've just described there, it's so miniscule it's untrue. I just don't understand* why people cannot use Frieze Way? It's a dual carriageway with a higher speed limit as well!

(*Well I do understand, it's the sticking point the opposition are using to stop the stadium)
Because it takes an extra 5 minutes that is there issue plus "why should I go out of my way"

When you compare the Oxford Road closure to what you've just described there, it's so miniscule it's untrue. I just don't understand* why people cannot use Frieze Way? It's a dual carriageway with a higher speed limit as well!

(*Well I do understand, it's the sticking point the opposition are using to stop the stadium)

Personally, if I lived in Kidlington and wanted to go that direction at some point on a Saturday when a match is on and there was flexibility in my timings I would just go when the football traffic wasn't going to have any effect, so nearly all of the day, just like when you have a day off work and you wait till the rush hour is over before you go about what you have planned.

Its being made into a much bigger problem than it is, never get complaints from locals around Greater Leys at the moment because its an easily manageable situation, but without blowing this one thing up out of all proportion they are struggling to make a case against it.

It won't be closed properly, you've got to still have the buses for Oxford parkway .the cars in park& ride have got to come out onto Oxford rd. That's football fans , plus people using the park & ride for shopping or the John Radcliffe hospital. Also the train commuter's.
Not quite sure how there going to do it to be honest..

Personally, if I lived in Kidlington and wanted to go that direction at some point on a Saturday when a match is on and there was flexibility in my timings I would just go when the football traffic wasn't going to have any effect, so nearly all of the day, just like when you have a day off work and you wait till the rush hour is over before you go about what you have planned.

Its being made into a much bigger problem than it is, never get complaints from locals around Greater Leys at the moment because its an easily manageable situation, but without blowing this one thing up out of all proportion they are struggling to make a case against it.
Exactly, I live on a road with a school. I know that the traffic is going to be bad when it's pick up and drop off times, so I adjust my journey accordingly. It's not rocket science.

Because it takes an extra 5 minutes that is there issue plus "why should I go out of my way"

They won't need to if they go out in the and come back in the vast majority of the day that it will be completely unaffected.

We are in a situation where people are suggesting building a bridge so that a few people, who might or might not want to go out, can go a certain route for every minute of every day and not have to plan around anything. That's not how the rest of the country works, Large scale investment doesn't get turned down just in case Gladys maybe fancies popping out at exactly half past two on a Saturday, that's mental.

When the six nations starts England will play games at Twickenham, with far bigger crowds, on far busier roads, in a far, far more built up area with less parking and inferior public transport yet that area copes, just like similar situations all over the country every week.

Right now on Google maps from Sainsbury's to the John Radcliffe 20 mins 5 miles going down Oxford road
Frieze way 28 mins 5.7 miles
Would 8 minutes really upset you that much

Right now on Google maps from Sainsbury's to the John Radcliffe 20 mins 5 miles going down Oxford road
Might do if you were having a heart attack... (But then of course emergency vehicles would be able to go through anyway)

It won't be closed properly, you've got to still have the buses for Oxford parkway .the cars in park& ride have got to come out onto Oxford rd. That's football fans , plus people using the park & ride for shopping or the John Radcliffe hospital. Also the train commuter's.
Not quite sure how there going to do it to be honest..

How does the area around the Kassam cope with the extra traffic at the moment? How do the areas around all the events that happen around the country every weekend, loads on a far larger scale cope?

It wouldn't be that much longer on a Saturday afternoon.

Plus, unless its an emergency, as we have already said you don't actually need to detour, just alter your travel times slightly.

I'll tell you why you wouldn't go down Freize way if you lived there .is it's a longer journey - out of the way to get caught at another pinch point then try & cut through to get to cuttleslowe roundabout . Say to get to summer town or Headington ,green red roundabout etc etc. it's the natural quickest way Oxford RD....

Wouldn't want to be having a heart attack in East Oxford with all the LTNs...

I'll tell you why you wouldn't go down Freize way if you lived there .is it's a longer journey - out of the way to get caught at another pinch point then try & cut through to get to cuttleslowe roundabout . Say to get to summer town or Headington ,green red roundabout etc etc. it's the natural quickest way Oxford RD....

Just like with the above LTNs in East Oxford then? Except they are 24/7/365 not for half an hour 26 times a year.

I suppose if Oxford road will be closed,for a certain time before the match. Then surly all the people travelling from North of the county & country ,by car .
Will have to use Freize way as well???
It will finally be helpful, to get the plans in & see what they've got planned for this . It's doing my head in now....

"Oxford Parkway cannot cope with large numbers of passengers"

View attachment 17617

Covid has permanently changed the way we work. Fewer people commute and instead work from home. I'm sure Chiltern Railways will look forward to increased passenger numbers.

I also presume fewer people using Parkway means more available parking spaces (whilst you need to pay for using the space currently you don't have to use the train)?

Back
Top Bottom