New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Getting a bit bored of this thread just being full of posts about those who object to the stadium. Can we not just ignore them and focus on supporting this project?

There’s not much to discuss until the plans come out though.

We may as well focus on the subplot in the interim. Toppling some enemies of this would be fun and make the whole episode even better.

Getting a bit bored of this thread just being full of posts about those who object to the stadium. Can we not just ignore them and focus on supporting this project?
I disagree. While we wait until 9th October I think it is important people highlight exactly what is being said by Suzy & co.

This forum is viewed by not just FOSB but also club staff and it helps them keep a log on anything they might have missed.

What I will say is that they are coming across as not just nasty individuals but slightly unhinged individuals too.

I sort of agree that it’s a shame the attention seeking nimby no life’s are getting their kicks from opposing this and winding people up. Not much else going on for the tiny number who make up Friends of Stratfield Brake But No Actual Friends In Real Life (FOSBBNAFIRL as I am catchily calling them), this is how they choose to spend the few remaining years of their sad little lives, objecting to anything in an attempt to bring others around them lives down to the same standards as their own. They have wasted their lives and want to ruin others, bitter little people.

But you can’t just ignore these people and turn the other cheek as I have done above all the time, sometimes you have to call them out and people have been doing a fantastic job of that, Swiss, unification etc have been showing them up as the twisted empty vessels that they are.

Come the new stadium plans being released we will all be talking about that rather than the nimbys, come the day we walk into our shiny brand new stadium then we will barely remember the names of those who tried to stop the ground being built.

I agree to an extent, although I am also responsible for several long winded posts that have continued this discussion so it's slightly hypocritical of me to say so.

However, this forum is our safe space to vent and share our frustrations, and doing so does not mean that anyone is not supporting the project or are somehow damaging it. In fact, I would rather see people posting on here rather than letting some of this spill out onto other social media platforms where they could be used against us.

The stadium is a highly emotive subject, and its hard to turn those emotions off like a switch. So many worked so hard in completing surveys and canvassing others to do the same, and this made a huge difference with the outcome regarding the land usage.

Naturally there will be many that want to continue to support the club in anyway they can, and will find the relative calmness between storms difficult to cope with. We're in the closed season period where some will be patiently waiting for each new signing whilst others are losing their s**t over not signing a left back! Equally we will have some who are very happy to wait the next 11 days 11 hours and 8 minutes for the next big update and those that will be looking at anything and everything to do with the project between now and then.

The most important things is that away from this forum we are all ready to once again Stand United, when called upon, in the push to secure our new home.

Regarding Fiona Mawson. First up she is the wife of Ian Middleton and sits on all the various councils he does as a Green. She's also on the CDC Planning Committee which is the concern for OUFC. I can't see her pulling a '12 Angry Men' on them but she may have influence and as such should be removed for pre-determined views. The club could, should and probably will ask for her to be removed for predeterminism.

Her Twitter account is 'Purrrmeister' and - lo and behold - her tweets are now protected too. Something to hide, Fiona?

View attachment 15855

There's suspicion that she is 'Ferretmeister' on the OM below-the-line comments section since her handle is close in style to 'Purrrmeister'. I don't subscribe to the theory that IM is behind 'Ferretmeister' or uses her accounts for himself. They're separate entities and post very differently on there. When someone is catfishing, they tend to leave trails that they may be someone else - turns of phrase, consistent tone, common misspellings (think 'definately' from Line of Duty!) etc. IM is a bully but his methods are to be contrarian, to gaslight and to mislead. He doesn't swear and throws shade in a more subtle way. 'Ferretmeister' doesn't as with the posts below which does not seem IM's MO at all. They are a lot more abrasive and obvious. It's easier to be so behind a pseudonym, I guess. (3.3 is a reply to a comment that was deleted but the original post remains above the reply - seems nice, doesn't it, hoping we fold?)

I don't know enough about FM to say where 'Ferretmeister' is her or not but they are without a doubt not a stadium supporter and use some consistently trotted out FOSB-terminology (eg, % of Oxfordshire supporting OUFC).

They give a few additional clues away too (if we believe their comments or read between the lines). They know Suzanne McIvor and encourage on more than one occasion to read something Ian Middleton has written. I can share those and others when required. Prove that FM is 'Ferretmeister' and she's finished on the CDC Planning Committee.

EDIT. Not that it really matters, but I would suspect that 'SJT1970' on the OM website is Simon Thompson as well.
Whoever they are, those comments are unhinged and says far more about the individual than anything else. Which is common for that sort of behaviour.

I sort of agree that it’s a shame the attention seeking nimby no life’s are getting their kicks from opposing this and winding people up. Not much else going on for the tiny number who make up Friends of Stratfield Brake But No Actual Friends In Real Life (FOSBBNAFIRL as I am catchily calling them), this is how they choose to spend the few remaining years of their sad little lives, objecting to anything in an attempt to bring others around them lives down to the same standards as their own. They have wasted their lives and want to ruin others, bitter little people.

But you can’t just ignore these people and turn the other cheek as I have done above all the time, sometimes you have to call them out and people have been doing a fantastic job of that, Swiss, unification etc have been showing them up as the twisted empty vessels that they are.

Come the new stadium plans being released we will all be talking about that rather than the nimbys, come the day we walk into our shiny brand new stadium then we will barely remember the names of those who tried to stop the ground being built.
I'll remember those names as I start the first chant in that new stadium
Are you watching are you watching are you watching Middleton

🎵 the Oxford come in 2 by 2 hoorah hoorah🎵
🎵The Oxford come in 2 by 2 hoorah hoorah 🎵

🎵The Oxford come in 2 by 2 p**s in your garden & have poo la lalala la la la lalla

The garden jokes have been done to death, time to move on
Really???? If it wasn't for the people opposing the stadium, there would be no garden, wildflower, badger, wildlife haven jokes at all.
We can only move on, to the next stage when it arrives, then it's the next step, hopefully the protester's don't put a spanner in the works & delay it. Which they will try ,so it could be longer than you think moving into the new stadium ,so chill out , Rome wasn't built in a DAY ....

Says the man mocking the opposition by calling himself Orkney Islands yellow...

They're not worried about fans miles away, just fans doing what you're joking about. Time for some new material.

Let's support the project, share information and snippets of news and focus on engaging with the right people (ie the decision makers at CDC) when the time comes to get this over the line.

They're not worried about fans miles away, just fans doing what you're joking about. Time for some new material.

Let's support the project, share information and snippets of news and focus on engaging with the right people (ie the decision makers at CDC) when the time comes to get this over the line.
Oh !! I think fosb ,have repeatedly mentioned Orkney Islands as part of their debate. Plus fans from all over the UK& the world...

Back
Top Bottom