New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I get that there will always be different views on something as important as this. But I don't think that we need to argue amongst ourselves when there are far more important battles to have.

My view is that we should absolutely hold people to account for their lies and scaremongering of others, but we should maintain an element of dignity in how we do this. We don't need to goad others into a response, and I think the point about crapping in gardens has probably worn a little thin. But we all desperately want the same thing even if we find different ways to express it.

Remember that we must Stand United and leave the infighting to others.

This is taken from the planning application for the current stadium.

Brilliant objection, here.

I remember that letter head!

In another cynical attempt to delay and frustrate the Kidlington Parish Council are demanding the Scoping Opinion planning application is restarted as they don't like the name of the plot listed on the CDC website!

Screenshot_20230928_110346_Samsung Notes.jpg

CDC have simply updated the website:

Screenshot_20230928_111443_Samsung Internet.jpg

Due to KPC's formal object stance, its inappropriate that any KPC councillors who sit on other councils should be able to vote on any stadium issue as they clearly have a predetermined anti-stadium position.

I seem to remember one of Richard Bransons children being an Oxford United supporter? Perhaps he can get behind this development for them again! :LOL:

Last edited:

In another cynical attempt to delay and frustrate the Kidlington Parish Council are demanding the Scoping Opinion planning application is restarted as they don't like the name of the plot listed on the CDC website!

View attachment 15878

View attachment 15879

Due to KPC's formal object stance, its inappropriate that any KPC councillors who sit on other councils should be able to vote on any stadium issue as they clearly have a predetermined anti-stadium position.
It was so misleading that absolutely no one ever called it that

another cynical attempt to delay and frustrate the Kidlington Parish Council are demanding the Scoping Opinion planning application is restarted as they don't like the name of the plot listed on the CDC website!
Could it be that the last planning application submitted for "The Triangle" was 97/01897/F was actually for a change of use to a motorcycle track. As there has not been any other applications (according to CDC records), then presumably "Stratfield Brake Motorcycle Track" is it's official designation...

Click the "Site History" tab and see for yourself

Could it be that the last planning application submitted for "The Triangle" was 97/01897/F was actually for a change of use to a motorcycle track. As there has not been any other applications (according to CDC records), then presumably "Stratfield Brake Motorcycle Track" is it's official designation...

Click the "Site History" tab and see for yourself

That's exactly the case I reckon.

View attachment 15878

View attachment 15879

Cross checking the CDC Planning Committee against the KPC list of councillors, there are a couple of crossovers. Fiona ('FerretMeister') Mawson is on it and Ian Middleton is a reserve. We know all about them.

Cllr Lesley McLean, a Liberal Democrat, sits on both too. Interestingly, she abstained in the 7 September KPC motion to oppose the stadium and was the only KPC councillor to do so (link to minutes - Item 23/059). She's voted in favour of objecting to the stadium unless their usual four demands were met/KPC sent their concerns to OCC back in June (link).

So, she evidently knew that by voting that she'd be revealing a predetermined position. Maybe one to keep an eye on since she operates with a lot of antis at KPC level.

Last edited:
Cross checking the CDC Planning Committee against the KPC list of councillors, there are a couple of crossovers. Fiona ('FerretMeister') Mawson is on it and Ian Middleton is a reserve. We know all about them.

Cllr Lesley McLean, a Liberal Democrat, sits on both too. Interestingly, she abstained in the 7 September KPC motion to oppose the stadium and was the only KPC councillor to do so (link to minutes - Item 23/059). She's voted in favour of objecting to the stadium unless their usual four demands were met/KPC sent their concerns to OCC back in June (link).

So, she evidently knew that by voting that she'd be revealing a predetermined position. Maybe one to keep an eye on since she operates with a lot of antis at KPC level.

Too little too late for Cllr McLean I'm afraid, she voted in favour of KPC adopting an object position back in June so has a predetermined anti-stadium position and as such should not be allowed to take part in any vote regarding the stadium at CDC.

Screenshot_20230928_122915_Samsung Notes.jpg

It's not unreasonable for a councillor to hold back on making a decision until more information is available, and I'm not sure that we need to ostracise Councillor McLean just yet.

Back
Top Bottom