New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I wo
I hope we go for nothing remotely close to 'The New Manor', and nothing with the word 'New' in it at all. But that's just me.
I would prefer a geographical name connected to the site. I think that would also help fit in with the local community.

So something that fits maybe one of the following:

Oxford Road
Frize Way
Stratfield Brake
Water Eaton
Gosford
Pear Tree

Some local knowledge, could probably come up with some better ones.

I also prefer the suffixes of Road or Ground over Stadium, but that’s probably less important.

we are the right side, we are the right side oxford road
we are the left side, we are the left side oxford road.
we are the oxford road, we are the oxford road oooohh.

Something like the 'Manor Lounge' would work for a bar or dining club in the new ground but they'd better ask persmission from @Manorlounger first
We still have the Manor Lounge and the Maurice Evans Lounge at the Kasstad. Not used anymore due to costs. The combined members of each became the, now defunct, 1893 club which was convened in the large conference suite. This is now used for the restaurant.
I would really hope that part of the hospitality arrangements for the new stadium would provide areas for supporters to gather in warmth and comfort pre-match, half time and post match. Many of the more elderly supporters (who have been supporters for many years) find it very difficult to endure the winter months without a hot drink and somewhere warm at half time. It has been a bone of contention for me and many others for some time now that the club simply stopped any offer of hospitality other than the ridiculously overpriced restaurant. (They did try to sell us "season long" entry to the bar area but most saw that as an insult)

we are the right side, we are the right side oxford road
we are the left side, we are the left side oxford road.
we are the oxford road, we are the oxford road oooohh.
Have you just leaked the orientation of the new stadium 🤣

As its going to be a new stadium how about calling it the
New Camp or to be a bit more european the Camp New ....good to be original eh

New video up on OUFC Stadium web page

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom