New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I was very fortunate in being invited to attend a preview reception for the public engagement events to follow.

All I can say is WOW! The designs are incredible and it already feels more like home than the Kassam ever did. It is a thing of beauty inside and out, and there are no shortcuts or half measures involved in this. One example is that there will be a sensory room for children who are neurodiverse, but rather than being hidden under the stand this will have a view of the pitch but with soundproofing for those that find the noise overwhelming.

But what was even more impressive was the people involved. I spoke with the architect, someone from Fabrik who are responsible for the landscape design, the team behind the transport plans, and those who have helped put these engagement events together. They are all really impressive people and you already get the feeling that this is more than just another project for them. They were just as excited about showing off their work as I was to see it, and they all spoke with genuine passion for what is to come.

Tim Williams was also there are spoke very well about the stadium project but also why it is essential that the club is protected through this so that we never again face the same situation as we have with Kassam. Niall McWilliams was there and whilst I didn't get to speak to him for long, it is clear that he lives and breathes this project and deserves huge credit for getting is this far. I also spoke with Mick (fax machine) Brown and it was great to see someone who has been involved with our club for 50 years beaming with excitement about the stadium, especially as he is a Kidlington lad. If Niall is the man that gets us into the new stadium, then Mick is the man who pretty much kept the club alive long enough for this to happen!

There were also a number of local councillors there for OCC, CDC and parish councils, and also the miserable looking Ms McIvor. Sadly she left before I had to opportunity to have a chat!! I did speak with some of the councillors, and whilst a few still had reservations it felt like others were more understanding. Nigel Simpson is a councillor that has been very supportive, and he and his family are season ticket holders. He's a great ally, and he's not alone. He was describing how both Tories and Labour are supportive in principle. He's also not a huge fan of Mr Middleton!!!

If you get the opportunity then please get yourselves along to the engagement events, and make sure you share your views too. This is now feeling very real, but we all still have a huge role to play in getting this to planning. Now is our time to Stand United.

View attachment 16134
Was Middleton there?

Showed this my lad through WhatsApp as at work his reply was WOW which area are we going to get a season ticket 🎟 from the new Manor ground 😀

My son is on the autism spectrum. Great news on the sensory room. Makes me very proud.

My son has ADHD and can find some games very difficult and overwhelming. He will sometimes wear ear defenders but have occasionally had to leave early when it gets too much. For him to have a safe space to be able to enjoy the full game in his own way makes me enormously proud too. So much about this project goes way beyond the box ticking process and is being done with everyone in mind.

I just want to be there now. Still can't believe how beautiful it is.

In 2009 I decided to start following Oxford when we were in the conference. I had been to games as a kid with my football team, and has always heard stories about our history and knew that we had potential to be so much more than a plucky non-league club. Other kids joked about how crap we were and how I should just support a premier League team, but I ignored them and stayed true to my club.

14 years and 2 promotions later I've seen crowds grow, more and more people wearing the colours and supporting the club. Now we're on the cusp of promotion to the championship and finally breaking the shackles that Mr Kassam has chained us up with.

A truly stunning piece of architecture, and one that will be a huge asset to the people of Oxfordshire and beyond.

The future is bright, the future is yellow!

The plans today don't make the stadium look huge appears to be no taller than the hotel and Harvester at Langford Lane.

Looking at the images, the south stand behind the goal looks to be bigger than the north stand. Would think this will be the new London Road/East stand with safe standing. Can stick the away fans on the long edge East stand maybe? Would be awesome to have home fans behind both goals.

Back
Top Bottom