New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

just back from the exhibition- decent ..... albeit the floor plan drawing ( 4 levels) even as A3 isn't an easy read/ or easy to follow, that could fo with being much bigger
I could read it :) ...

I went to the exhibition today, really just boards of the images in the pdf available online... but better resolution so you can actually read the writing on the floor plans.

Had a bit of a chat with a guy from AFL about a few specifics relating to the current assumptions on the stadium design....

1. Home supporters behind both goals.
2. Away support in the South East corner (not behind the goal) with possibility of extending along east side, match dependant.
3. Rail seating behind goal at North side, possibly all of that stand including the corners. Maybe less - position dependant on sight lines.
4. Rail seating for some area of away support.
5. Potential to increase capacity would be on the south and east sides.
6. Pitch will be at current ground level and not lower due to ground conditions and water table level. And, of course, will have undersoil heating.
7. Roof will be of the ' floating' type with an air gap to the stands, although there is a possibility this may be filled in with transparent material.
8. Two scoreboards. One in northeast corner (as seen in online image) and the other in the opposite corner.

Also, lots of chatter on the road closure/footbridges etc, but nothing fixed on this yet and is highways agency/Council dependant.

Last edited:
Also, lots of chatter on the road closure/footbridges etc, but nothing fixed on this yet and is highways agency/Council dependent.
I'm just quoting this part again to highlight it for any FoSB members who may be reading the thread, as it is quite important. Perhaps they should get down there and speak to people, let them know you think road closures are not acceptable.

Requirements set out for OCC to achieve.

And of course the sub plot is ol’ Middleton who in full Partridge style goes ‘needless to say I had the last laugh’ by making it all about him again.
The council's letter seems fine.
They have pointed out that the club have to reach standards above the statutory requirement.
Assuming that the club do this, I assume that this will be another massive tick in the box, and will be a big positive in the planning process?

I'm just quoting this part again to highlight it for any FoSB members who may be reading the thread, as it is quite important. Perhaps they should get down there and speak to people, let them know you think road closures are not acceptable.
doubtful they will, Its easier to spread misinformation from behind a keyboard on social media platforms, talking of which, nor has Chester V surfaced as yet at the exhibition ( even though he was invited to Monday evening's press launch)

doubtful they will, Its easier to spread misinformation from behind a keyboard on social media platforms, talking of which, nor has Chester V surfaced as yet at the exhibition ( even though he was invited to Monday evening's press launch)
Course he hasn’t, perfect opportunity to appear at something and he instead chooses not to, yet sticks his beak in every other thing he can.

I went to the exhibition today, really just boards of the images in the pdf available online... but better resolution so you can actually read the writing on the floor plans.

Had a bit of a chat with a guy from AFL about a few specifics relating to the current assumptions on the stadium design....

2. Away support in the South East corner (not behind the goal) with possibility of extending along east side, match dependant.
3. Rail seating behind goal at North side, possibly all of that stand including the corners. Maybe less - position dependant on sight lines.
6. Pitch will be at current ground level and not lower due to ground conditions and water table level.
7. Roof will be of the ' floating' type with an air gap to the stands, although there is a possibility this may be filled in with transparent material.
8. Two scoreboards. One in northeast corner (as seen in online image) and the other in the opposite corner.

Also, lots of chatter on the road closure/footbridges etc, but nothing fixed on this yet and is highways agency/Council dependant.
Well played, some great questions asked and good info gathered. Thank you 👏

Requirements set out for OCC to achieve.

And of course the sub plot is ol’ Middleton who in full Partridge style goes ‘needless to say I had the last laugh’ by making it all about him again.

Well that is predictable from IM but it makes a change from the sound of whining.

That letter appears reasonable to me and only reiterating what the club already know and will be looking to achieve anyway. Although the letter talks of being separate from the planning process, the information/plans etc will still effectively be the same as the additional requirements above statutory levels can only surely enhance the planning application.

It is too far for him to travel based on his comments.

6. Pitch will be at current ground level and not lower due to ground conditions and water table level. And, of course, will have undersoil heating.

Thanks for that. Attacking home fans is always an advantage so having it at both ends would be great. Think we'll need to decide nearer the time where the singing section will be.

Hope the air gap between the stands and roof is filled in to keep the noise in and the wind out.

I sent the release video to a Brentford supporting friend. Comments were that our stadium looked bigger, strangely our roof looks higher (guess that’s the video effect rather than reality maybe), the stands were similar in closeness to the pitch and there should be a cracking atmosphere similar to theirs.
Also mentioned that the cost of their stadium was a bit of a donation from Matthew Bentham as limited commercial opportunities on site. Only non match day revenue is hiring out internal lounges.

Last edited:
Absolutely no scientific knowledge of these things, but I had thought that a lower roof meant for a better atmosphere. Is that completely wrong?

if there’s an air gap as mentioned by @ljs then will this harm the atmosphere?

I know they’ve talked about minimising the sound from outside, but I guess that isn’t necessarily the same as maximising the experience inside.

The council's letter seems fine.
They have pointed out that the club have to reach standards above the statutory requirement.
Assuming that the club do this, I assume that this will be another massive tick in the box, and will be a big positive in the planning process?

I agree entirely and said as much to him on Nextdoor.

It’s the puffed up, ego-centric ‘look what I did’ post when the council would have asked the club to meet those requirements anyway that amuses me.

Anyway, he’s a subplot nowadays. An enjoyable one to nudge every now and again.

I thought I'd try and correct and illustrate (roughly) how the will stadium look, as the 3D video appears to show the stadium orientation completely wrong.

View attachment 16151
This view looking towards the dug-outs and the retail end is only accurate if this was daybreak on a June morning.

This mockup is more representative of what a matchday will look like.
View attachment 16162
The pitch orientation is nearly identical to the old Manor ground. So for those old enough, this view is as if stood in the corner of the London/Osler Rd. (South East Corner).

Looking closely at the various plans, I reckon the away end might be behind the southern goal, as a number of plans seem to show a faint dividing in the concourse at this corner. (Don't shoot the messenger!).

This was confusing me too, but then someone pointed out we were playing 'them', so it's probably an 11am ko.
Would be nice to see some images of a typical 3pm game though, not that we'll play many games at 3pm once we're in the Prem.

just back from the exhibition- decent ..... albeit the floor plan drawing ( 4 levels) even as A3 isn't an easy read/ or easy to follow, that could fo with being much bigger
Now being able to actually read the floor plans, it's disappointing to see how small the bar area (and restaurant) is compared to the gym and healthcare areas.

Attachments

• hdr_1697131132463.jpg
    hdr_1697131132463.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I don't remember a footbridge being 'promised', a possibility, but not 'promised'. Still using language like "INUNDATED", just more of the same like the claims. And the use of "CLAUSTROPHOBIC" is just plain weird.

I can only assume Trump wrote that for them. They clearly don't grasp that the use of capitals like this means they are now trolling/parodying themselves. No doubt the author is impressed with themselves for that parody.
Leave Trump out of it! This has the hallmarks of the lefty brigade.

Back
Top Bottom