New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Great that the bridge is in the plans to appease the locals but I still feel its an unnecessary expense, use of materials and land that'll mean a permanent feature those opposing the stadium will inevitably call an eyesore that'll only mostly be used for a couple of hours every other week 9 months of the year.

Just close the road for a few minutes before and after the game and allow fans to use the 500 metres of space between the roundabout and entrance to Parkway!

Great that the bridge is in thecplsns to appease the locals but I still feel its an unnecessary expense, use of materials and land that'll mean a permanent feature those opposing the stadium will inevitably call an eyesore that'll only mostly be used for a couple of hours every other week 9 months of the year.

Just close the road for a few minutes before and after the game and allow fans to use the 500 metres of space between the roundabout and entrance to Parkway!
But Steve said there is no bridge in the plans, and he's an expert on these kind of things!

Great that the bridge is in the plans to appease the locals but I still feel its an unnecessary expense, use of materials and land that'll mean a permanent feature those opposing the stadium will inevitably call an eyesore that'll only mostly be used for a couple of hours every other week 9 months of the year.

There was political pressure for it so if the experts say it’s necessary, it’ll get built. If not and alternatives are found to be better, it won’t.

The club can’t have done any more so can’t be criticised now on this. It’s a fantastic location for public transport links which will dramatically reduce car use within and to Oxfordshire.

If that includes a bridge, fine. If not, the other measures will be entirely sensible and the pearl clutching from a small number of Chicken Lickens will be soon forgotten within weeks of the stadium opening.

There was political pressure for it so if the experts say it’s necessary, it’ll get built. If not and alternatives are found to be better, it won’t.

The club can’t have done any more so can’t be criticised now on this. It’s a fantastic location for public transport links which will dramatically reduce car use within and to Oxfordshire.

If that includes a bridge, fine. If not, the other measures will be entirely sensible and the pearl clutching from a small number of Chicken Lickens will be soon forgotten within weeks of the stadium opening.
Oh I'm sure there will be plenty willing to give it a try!

• React
Reactions: MJB

So in planning, can it be decided that the bridge isn't a good idea and from a green perspective, it is best to find alternatives?

Plus it's detached from the stadium and partly in a different plot of land/ title number so it'll need to be a separate application. Sadly that could lead to a situation where the stadium application is approved by CDC but OCC/Levy/Miller insist on a bridge before signing the lease but CDC won't approve the application for the bridge. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is the two councils' masterplan to stop the stadium.

Plus it's detached from the stadium and partly in a different plot of land/ title number so it'll need to be a separate application. Sadly that could lead to a situation where the stadium application is approved by CDC but OCC/Levy/Miller insist on a bridge before signing the lease but CDC won't approve the application for the bridge. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is the two councils' masterplan to stop the stadium.
I mean a road closure could work, just a thought?

It's the only card the OCC/Levy/Miller have of stopping the stadium so they're playing it. Let's hope councillors at CDC aren't in cahoots.
I would very much doubt it.
Green belt I would have thought is the biggest risk.
Our friend Steve Hill was suggesting at one stage a judicial review, but this is based on process not being followed?

As I understand it, the lease has been [legally] agreed dependant upon the stadium plans being approved. The submitted plans do not include the provisioning of a bridge.

Planning law mandates that each application must be judged on it's own merits, so the approval of the stadium plans cannot be made conditional upon the approval of a separate planning application (for the bridge).

Legal team played a blinder there.

Incidentally, of course, getting this news means a defeat against Orient, as we always lose after getting positive off the field news..🙁

As I understand it, the lease has been [legally] agreed dependant upon the stadium plans being approved. The submitted plans do not include the provisioning of a bridge.

Planning law mandates that each application must be judged on it's own merits, so the approval of the stadium plans cannot be made conditional upon the approval of a separate planning application (for the bridge).

Legal team played a blinder there.
Ooft, now that's a positive! Still don't trust Miller etc at all though.

Back
Top Bottom