New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Why do people that live in Kidlington, feel the need to drive to Sainsbury's Kidlington?? Why don't they catch the bus like me & my Mrs& a few regular hardy souls.. it's the locals congesting Sainsbury's & bad layout.
Mind you if you've got to go to Sainsbury's by bus or car , smashes the quint village with a duck pond out of the water.

The LibDem/Green run parish council of Kidlington have with their political stance on Stratfield Brake, cost the residents of Kidlington a vast amount of money. They were the reason that the CC ended up offering the Triangle as an alternative site. The joke is the same two parties are now trying to scupper the Triangle with ridiculous claims via FOSB . What was once a contaminated piece of ground is now an according to the same voices a biodiversity miracle. Don’t trust these two parties if you want to secure the future of our club. Labour or Conservative is the only answer on the 2nd May.
As I've said elsewhere, the *local* politicians will object to this. They will kick up a fuss. Their parties will be infiltrated by candidates who are loosely affiliated to that party, but who are effectively standing on this single issue.

If they were in any sort of cahoots you'd expect to see one party or the other stand down to allow a free run for the other 'anti-stadium' party - especially in the Kidlington wards where this is such a hot topic.

And across the District, the LDs and Greens are standing *against* each other, so I'd suggest that it's not quite true to say they are 'the same party'.

The LDs a) know and understand that the future of the club lies away from the Kassam b) accept that a new stadium needs to be built c) are supportive of the move to the triangle, provided the conditions the club have committed to are met.

The letter and details of the conditions are available from the links on this page: https://news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/oxf...-requirements-for-oxford-uniteds-new-stadium/

The quicker they build, the rummor of a Aldi the better..
Oh.....hold your horses, they'll protest about that just like Sainsbury's..

So what's the point of the deadline?
Exactly why put a deadline when you will ignore it? In any case the comments will have little or no influence over the officers decision to approve or reject the application. The club has spent £millions to produce a professional planning application and that’s will be wot gets this over the line, not “we will be trapped in our homes” or “Kidlington will be gridlocked “ .

We just need to keep the pressure on regarding who to support on the 2nd May especially in the Cherwell District Council.

It is predicted that the Green/LibDem alliance will take control of CDC but not the committees.

Given the clear and evidenced anti-stadium views and policies of both parties neither should be involved in the planning decision.

I think this'll go to the secretary of state to make the decision. I certainly hope it does given the lack of knowledge of stadia and sporting events shown by the LibDem and Greens to date.
The thing is CDC planning team can't reject the stadium because they "don't like it" can they?

I guess that's where the appeal comes in.

I highly dislike the Tories, but Cllr Walker has done a superb job and has fought our corner every step of the way. He's a hero. I would definitely vote for him in a local capacity because he stands for what I believe in regarding the stadium.
He seems to be a good man. Shame he is Tory.

As I've said elsewhere, the *local* politicians will object to this. They will kick up a fuss. Their parties will be infiltrated by candidates who are loosely affiliated to that party, but who are effectively standing on this single issue.

If they were in any sort of cahoots you'd expect to see one party or the other stand down to allow a free run for the other 'anti-stadium' party - especially in the Kidlington wards where this is such a hot topic.

And across the District, the LDs and Greens are standing *against* each other, so I'd suggest that it's not quite true to say they are 'the same party'.

The LDs a) know and understand that the future of the club lies away from the Kassam b) accept that a new stadium needs to be built c) are supportive of the move to the triangle, provided the conditions the club have committed to are met.

The letter and details of the conditions are available from the links on this page: https://news.oxfordshire.gov.uk/oxf...-requirements-for-oxford-uniteds-new-stadium/
Don’t vote for parties that are openly against our club.

There are currently 1,893 submissions listed on the planning portal but this includes supporting documents such as photos and lists but the full compliment from the weekend has yet to be reviewed and loaded - 1,900 is certain and 2,000+ is possible!

As far as the deadline goes, there is usually a wording to accompany the submissions pages along the lines of "Comments may be submitted after the deadline date but may not be taken into account by the planning officer"

Why do people that live in Kidlington, feel the need to drive to Sainsbury's Kidlington?? Why don't they catch the bus like me & my Mrs& a few regular hardy souls.. it's the locals congesting Sainsbury's & bad layout.
Mind you if you've got to go to Sainsbury's by bus or car , smashes the quint village with a duck pond out of the water.

If you have a car and are retired and you go to Sainsbury’s on a Saturday afternoon you are a bit odd, 10am on a Tuesday morning and you will have the place to yourself, no trouble parking, no traffic etc. If you retire from work but carry on as if you still work Monday to Friday then why bother retiring?

Kidlington is about as quaint as a motorway service station

I take the time to read through each batch of responses that appear on the planning portal. I skim read most of them, due to the sheer volume, but pay particular attention to those from OX5 and OX2, and to those objecting and there are a few things that I've noticed (about the objectors).

Their writing style is often so arrogant and pompous. They refer to us as thugs and louts (yes, these words have been used) and often refer to the unruly, and drunken, behaviour that they are so sure is going to happen. They call the club liars, and almost to a man (although the majority of objectors seem to be female) repeat the FOSB mantra that we can stay at The Kassam. They dismiss out of hand that fans will use the public transport network, claiming that there is no evidence, and obviously thinking that they know best.

There are too many inaccuracies to mention, but one that keeps popping up is that there will be 580 events a year, meaning 580 road closures. A few have even said that there will be 580 events of 16,000 people each time, and some have increased the stadium capacity to 18,000 or 19,000 to make it seem worse. They often mention intolerable noise from the concerts that they are sure will happen, even though the club have said they won't. There is frequent mention of the "foreign owners" and that they will obviously create a Kassam Stadium Mark II situation, and they often refer to us as a bankrupt football club that is going to leave a half finished shell of a stadium on the site. They keep referencing that all of our support is from East Oxford and that we don't belong in their area. Oh, and the way they refer to Kidligton as some quaint Cotswold village is laughable.

Overall, I find myself veering from apocalyptically angry to totally dispirited when reading their responses, and what they think of us. But my heart is lifted by the huge number of supportive comments on the portal, that far exceed these small minded NIMBYS.

I had a conversation with someone very close to the project yesterday, who is extremely confident that it will get the go ahead. More than ever I look forward to shutting some of these "vinegary" people up once the stadium is built.

“Middleton is tragic he wears a tragic hat
He really tried to stop the plan,but we said no f**k that
With Suzy on his left hand and Vicky on his right
We all know that what they say is absolutely shite”

Ian
If you’re reading this, I’ve changed the words to a popular song us louts and thugs sing on the terraces.

Last edited:
If you have a car and are retired and you go to Sainsbury’s on a Saturday afternoon you are a bit odd, 10am on a Tuesday morning and you will have the place to yourself, no trouble parking, no traffic etc. If you retire from work but carry on as if you still work Monday to Friday then why bother retiring?
Empty in the evening,it don't close till 10,o'clock at night. Sunday is busy as well, why on earth would you want to waste your day of rest, getting stressed & getting SHOPPING TROLLEY RAGE?????

YES ...reading the objections on the portal , they've been scripted & guided by someone or people's.. they've copied the same inaccuracies...

They're standing against each other to give the impression they're not the same party but I'd be interested to know if anyone has received campaign literature from both a Green AND a LibDem in the areas where both parties are standing?

Until the alliance they're in is formally dissolved we must treat them as one and the same party.

Back
Top Bottom