Manager/Coach Robbo on the way ?

Sounds like your manager Karl Robinson will be our new head coach.
Rumours are he will be joined by Shaun Derry (our ex captain) who works at Crystal Palace.
Believe we are working on compensation for the pair.
Can we have Cameron Brannagan & Matt Taylor too? 🤍💙

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing if it’s true. I’d be sorry if not devastated, but who would you put more faith in, top football professionals or a bunch of grumps who’d turn on the next guy after six matches?

Agreed. Here's hoping. Fingers crossed the bookies have got it right.
Interesting?
Would be interested in who you think we could attract? Do you really think he is doing a bad job?
(I am not his biggest fan- but would be in no way whatsoever be advocating for a change. Think as fans we have very short memories. This is the most consistent Oxford have been in my time supporting. Season ticket for >20 years)

Sounds like your manager Karl Robinson will be our new head coach.
Rumours are he will be joined by Shaun Derry (our ex captain) who works at Crystal Palace.
Believe we are working on compensation for the pair.
Can we have Cameron Brannagan & Matt Taylor too? 🤍💙
Robbo and Derry didn't get on too well did they?

I was in the "has he taken us as far as he can" camp.

But now that the possibility of him leaving is more realistic than ever, it's got me thinking is a new manager what we want/need. It could see another 1-2 seasons lost in order for the new manager to settle into the job.

I was in the "has he taken us as far as he can" camp.

But now that the possibility of him leaving is more realistic than ever, it's got me thinking is a new manager what we want/need. It could see another 1-2 seasons lost in order for the new manager to settle into the job.
It could herald a period of rebuilding and spending lots to finish eighth again , or the right new guy could get us in the top two . No guarantees either way and plenty of precedents for both

Robinson is now the fifth person to be favourite, says a lot eg at the moment they have about as much idea as everyone else.

Yep. If it had been a tea then maybe he would have my backing. But only if he had a plain digestive ready to dunk.
"PLAIN DIGESTIVE????" HOW DARE YOU! It has to be the chocolate variety. That's as sinful as eating a custard cream, when there are bourbons available.

Back
Top Bottom