National News Sir Keir Starmer

You are so wrong. Labour are in no way a panacea but they have historically, evidently been better for your average citizen than the Tories have been.

But people listen to mind numbing, ignorant, racist right wing media.

I have just become so numb to the incessant garbage that we are subjected to on a daily basis, I really have lost the ability to believe or trust what a politician says. It’s akin to listening to Robbo in those final months, and you just switch off.

I am not sure what makes up your average citizen, but I would expect I fit into this bracket, but I sadly don’t have the ability to really see what is going to happen in the next 10 years to change my standard of living.

But, irrespective of my own feelings, in all honesty I do agree that it is time for a change. I could be proved completely wrong 🙂

Last edited:
And all the money the conservatives and their mates have stolen from the public purse and the parties they held whilst people were burying their loved ones (for balance, bazzer 🙂)
Exactly what the Blair/brown lot did when the stories took over they’re all as bad as each other but Starmer the Red Tory knew this along with Rachel Reeves knew this when t they announced this 2 years ago

Though of course we had a referendum on getting rid of FPTP......and 67.9% of people voted to keep it.

One of the reasons I hate referendums!
We did. The establishment press (Sun, Mail, Express) were full of horror stories about hung parliaments and paralysed governments. Can't remember what Mirror/Guardian were saying. And their output swung the vote. This is why referendums have no place in big decisions.

It’s a great point Bazzer - all these reversals before an election, when they are not in power. I’m just heading out now to one of the 40 new hospitals the Tories promised in their actual manifesto. Oh, wait…………..

Indeed..

But will labour build these 40 hospitals ?

Indeed..

But will labour build these 40 hospitals ?
If Labour only do a fraction of what they achieved last time they were in power it will still be better than the past 14 years of ripping off the country.

Here's a reminder

20220810_185337.jpg

If Labour only do a fraction of what they achieved last time they were in power it will still be better than the past 14 years of ripping off the country.

Here's a reminder

It will take much more than a fraction to make any sort of difference I should imagine.

But if we are going to judge success by building say one hospital when we actually need 40, we are still 39 short.

But atleast no promises will have been broken, so all is good 🙂

It’s been funny watching so many Tories, including one or two on this very thread, starting to trumpet this “At least Corbyn had policies - Starmer stands for nothing” line.

Yeah, Corbyn had policies, and Corbyn got absolutely smashed. If I were getting annihilated in the polls by somebody who simply has to not be me in order to appeal to people, because I’ve been such a whopper of a turd, I’d want the guy who is after the keys to be like the last fella as well. Nobody would need policies to beat Corbyn, either. Fabulous irony.

The funniest part about this u-turn “story” is that, actually, hardly anybody cares. They tried to make it the main focal point on Question Time and all that happened was half the audience said they would rather have somebody being honest rather than breaking a promise after they’ve been given power, and the other half just sort of shrugged and went “I dunno, nobody really thrills me to be honest.” So some people haven’t batted an eyelid, and the rest have been pleasantly surprised by the honesty and actually see it as a positive thing.

SCANDAL! SCANDAL!

It’s boring. Call the election and get it over with.

Have said similar on this thread previously.

Time will tell I guess.
Most people just want something different now. No party can hold power for over a decade, at least in a FPTP system, and not suffer from voter fatigue. It just so happens that the current mob have actively disgraced themselves in recent years, right at the tail end of its natural shelf life.

I don’t feel particularly strongly for either Labour or Starmer - I don’t believe in party loyalty. I could’ve seen myself voting Tory in recent times had Rory Stewart become leader, but he was potentially too competent for the headbangers calling the shots. I simply can’t vote for anything other than a change at this point. It isn’t about thinking the alternative will provide perfection; it’s about not rewarding people who have already proven themselves irresponsible and incompetent. They’ve got to go by default, and they will.

Back
Top Bottom