General Stadium Disrepair

No, no and f******ng no.

This is what happens when an unwanted minority (take a bow @OUSP Secretary ) start pushing the buttons.

You weren`t wanted, we don`t want you and you are a box-ticking evercise now f*** off and leave us alone.
So, you're not a fan of drums or playing music when we score????

Nor do I, who ever suggested either of these "items"needs rolling around the pools in the local water treatment works :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

We just need unallocated seating in a singing section. Sorry that this will annoy season ticket holders that might have to move but itโ€™s the only way to create genuine atmosphere

You buy a ticket, your in the block, sit with your mates, start songs

I'd like the sound of some ethically sourced coconuts fired out of a cannon, straight through a few panes of Bangkok Glass.

Personally I think it'd be a big improvement on Sweet Caroline.

• React
Reactions: MJB
John Maloney sounds like a right prat

You're right, he sounds like a right loser! Having a go at a group of people trying to make things better for our club (and opposed a drum and goal music!) It's a shame that John couldn't give up some of his time to help but he's obviously too busy metal detecting.

So we have an angry loser who's always digging up the past? I wonder??!!

An absolute no to goal music, it is awful. Sweet Caroline coming on straight after we win is bad enough for taking the edge off the celebrations in the crowd.

Wholeheartedly echo this, and any negative comments about a fucking drum. It's like we aspire to be (spit) Wyscumbe.

With plans being drawn up for the new stadium, it occured to me that so much more could be done to enhance the experience in the stadium. With the expected multi use scenario being, presumably, the favoured route of design, perhaps more could be made of the stadium lighting, provision for pyrotechnic displays, even the ability to remove the pitch to allow vehicles and the like to enter the arena. Pre-match displays could become real events and half time would be something more than a pie and Bovril.

We could have a tank where fruity girls wrestle conger eels and win supporters from the Daily Mail-reading community. Puke.

This panel is going to be lethal, let's try everything to improve the atmosphere no matter how embarrassing it ends up.

The ultras used a quiet snare drum which wasn't audible from the other stands. This helped the group keep songs going for longer and the rest of the stand keep in tune (for some reason we simply can't clap without getting faster, never understood it!). And our fans have a habit of singing 10x louder when someone bangs a seat or stand.

The drum worked, but only because it had a proper drummer and an ultra group built over 10 years who led the chanting for 90 mins.

This has recipe for disaster, a bass drum played too loud with noone to join in. We seem to want to improve the atmosphere using everything possible except actually singing in a group?!

The original ultras members who stand in the same area are still starting and leading the songs all game, noone else has stepped up to improve the atmosphere by the most simple of ways, singing!

Goal music, drums, playlists, seating, standing... Not worth discussing if noone has tried to improve the atmosphere by getting people together and singing like the Ultras used to.

I feel like people are skipping a few stages here...

Never been called a proper drummer before, tears in my eyes

I'd like the sound of some ethically sourced coconuts fired out of a cannon, straight through a few panes of Bangkok Glass.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

giphy.gif

No, no and f******ng no.

This is what happens when an unwanted minority (take a bow @OUSP Secretary ) start pushing the buttons.

You weren`t wanted, we don`t want you and you are a box-ticking evercise now f*** off and leave us alone.
Nothing like getting all the facts.

At least youโ€™d have the option of turning the sound down on ifollow.

So I was thinking trust me it hurt ๐Ÿ˜œ could the club not make say block 20 east stand unreserved seating but still sell ST with the knowledge that your seat is reserved but your being in the block is. I mean say if there is 300 seats in that block btw I dunno how many seats are in each block but someone like @Colin B would he knows everything about numbers ๐Ÿ˜„ so once those seats are gone that block is sold out so if you had 150 ST holders that would leave 150 spare tickets for example. Surely the folks In the ticket office would know once it is sold out
It's just an idea

So I was thinking trust me it hurt ๐Ÿ˜œ could the club not make say block 20 east stand unreserved seating but still sell ST with the knowledge that your seat is reserved but your being in the block is. I mean say if there is 300 seats in that block btw I dunno how many seats are in each block but someone like @Colin B would he knows everything about numbers ๐Ÿ˜„ so once those seats are gone that block is sold out so if you had 150 ST holders that would leave 150 spare tickets for example. Surely the folks In the ticket office would know once it is sold out
It's just an idea
Block 16 where they seem to be at the moment would be better

Back
Top Bottom