General Stadium Disrepair

It must be noted also the stench from the water treatment facility, it was particularly bad on Saturday. Not that it has anything to do with Kassam, just another reason to get out of that dump.
it was a bit ripe wasnt it - especially just before kick off- probably all the time, 'you' just get used to it , and immunity levels built up over a season drop over the 3 month break

If you remember, Ol' Slippery tried this once before and it ended in the lengthy court process that Tiger eventually paid off. Firoka don't give a s**t. Kassam doesn't give a s**t. OUFC complain, f**k all happens. The car park has pot holes the size of the Grand Canyon, the stadium is a s**t hole, the pigeons can eat, s**t and drop dead without anyone bothering them.
The SLO (when he can be bothered) goes for a walk around and makes a few notes. These go no where because no-one who really matters, cares.
It is what it is. OxVox, OUSP, Father Christmas and the Easter Bunny can protest all they like, it ain't going to matter.
2026, we're gone, out, never going back (I bloody hope) I may just take a dump on my seat as a souvenir for Firoz to savour.
arent environmental health dept ( city council?) part of the safety committee who sign off the breeze block (and surrounding area?) as 'safe' and fit for purpose?

may be Im misremembering , memory not great these days. haven't matches at the breeze block been called off due to ground/ conditions for supporters/ members of the public , in and around the breeze block , being dangerous/ frozen etc?

it was a bit ripe wasnt it - especially just before kick off- probably all the time, 'you' just get used to it , and immunity levels built up over a season drop over the 3 month break
Quite often the opposite is true with any kind of amenity (odour or noise in particular) issue and those subjected to it over a long period become more affected by it. IE - you hear a noise at a certain frequency that annoys you and then you cant stop hearing it and you become more not less sensitive to it. It can be a bit the same with odours for some people.

Quite often the opposite is true with any kind of amenity (odour or noise in particular) issue and those subjected to it over a long period become more affected by it. IE - you hear a noise at a certain frequency that annoys you and then you cant stop hearing it and you become more not less sensitive to it. It can be a bit the same with odours for some people.
fair comment @Sheik djibouti

"He also sold their old Manor Ground home to his own company and paid off the club's debts with the money.

The site was then sold for a huge profit, although the club did not receive any money from the sale."

Wonder who did receive the huge profit............. or numbers on spreadsheets......? 🤷‍♂️

"He also sold their old Manor Ground home to his own company and paid off the club's debts with the money.

The site was then sold for a huge profit, although the club did not receive any money from the sale."

Wonder who did receive the huge profit............. or numbers on spreadsheets......? 🤷‍♂️
He gave it all away to charity, obvs...

"I accept that football is not my expertise," he admitted, via the Oxford Mail.

"However, I was not prepared to throw millions in when there are many poor people in the world.

"I prefer to give my money to charities such as water projects in the developing world and the Pakistan earthquake appeal. I have nothing to apologise for."

He gave it all away to charity, obvs...
I've no idea why that article popped up out of the blue. Apart from the fact we are in League 1 for an eighth consecutive season, it's mostly 15 year old news. I reckon Ian Lenagan might have something to say about Nick Merry investing £2M.

What would be more interesting is if anyone could work out whether Eales actually made any money out of the club. It got very complicated with provisions made against loans made to the club being made and then written back in parent company accounts, but the loans still shown in the club accounts.

If you are seeing sh*t on the seats, like the photos posted on Twitter / X in an earlier post, send it to your local councillors!

The club has been exploited for years by K*ssam, not only for the extortionate rent but also the outrageous maintenance fee that multiple owners have challenged him over in court.

As also mentioned above, the challenges go nowhere, meaning we have to endure sitting in a health hazard on broken seats often covered in excrement.

We NEED our own home, one we can be proud of, one that fans will want to visit again without being subjected to the above.

This should be seen as an embarrassment to local councillors and yet another reason to get the new stadium approved.

Not to mention the appalling state of the toilets throughout the years, no hot water, damp walls, leaking roof, broken seats, animal poo that is rarely cleaned, toilets that are rarely cleaned. We've seen it all and it's time we make our feelings heard now we finally have a genuine chance to get out.

There was a dead pigeon laid on the netting in the rafters of the SSU all last season. I didn’t check to see if it was still there on Saturday, but I’ll put money on it that it is.

As for how it died, given the state of the whole area nearby, I can only imagine it shat itself to death

How can the club still sell tickets for that section? Surely they do a walk around a week or two before the season, unless a Pidgeon had the shits the night before!

Back
Top Bottom