Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something this week that Brown is injured? I'm on your side with the full back issue but I'd be extremely alarmed if we were shoehorning a right back in to left back to make way for Sam Long, at the expense of Ciaron Brown who is the far superior player of the two. But it does highlight how pear shaped things could go if we don't get in another full back or two and get hit with an injury.

My best guess is if Brown is missing, Thorniley would move across and Negru would play. Which, again, isn't ideal to break up your centre back partnership.
Think stevens has played left back before but brown did pick up a knock at Eastleigh. Think it was a slight tightness in his groin or something. Probably will play but who knows

I think we are all thinking this signing might be the elusive striker - or dare I say it, Twine ! - perhaps be a bit underwhelmed if it's some left back we've never heard of !

Think stevens has played left back before but brown did pick up a knock at Eastleigh. Think it was a slight tightness in his groin or something. Probably will play but who knows
No worries, I didn't see that. If he's missing then it is what it is but it stresses a point we already know which is that we are very thin back there. I'm more concerned about this area of the pitch than up front but I think both of them will be addressed.

No worries, I didn't see that. If he's missing then it is what it is but it stresses a point we already know which is that we are very thin back there. I'm more concerned about this area of the pitch than up front but I think both of them will be addressed.
Yeah definitely, think the left back position is the most important right now with brown being shoehorned into there. That for me is the most important position for us to fill, that being said, if we announce a quality striker, I won’t be complaining 🤣

Which names have gone elsewhere that have been linked by anyone/anything reputable?

Some is nothing more than chat on here ‘x looks to be available he could be a good addition’.

I’ve liked this window that we have got our business done quickly and quietly. Harris seemingly had options, we seemingly offered for Burey but then moved on.

The squad still needs work but has been an upgrade compared to the last 12/18months.

It's slightly worrying that a few names we've been linked with have subsequently gone elsewhere.
I’d be more worried if we were looking at someone like Pigott as the standard we are aiming for. That would be a poor signing for us and many would have seen it as such. We have pulled off a number of great signings in this window and Joe Pigott is nowhere near the standard we need, nor the standard we want.

I’d rather play Ruben up front over Pigott.

It's slightly worrying that a few names we've been linked with have subsequently gone elsewhere.
True, then we better look at maybe spending some cash, and even though @Scotchegg has said 4 along the front ie Browne, Harris, Paddy Murphy and Rodrigues will chop which they will but would still want to see an out and out striker. Maybe Waters isn’t a pipe dream who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom