Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Mr and Mrs Lounger would never partake in something such as this. Mind you the odd digestive was seen being hurled pitchside last season. Though I'm not at liberty to say who threw it.
Digestives were hurled from the South Stand last year? That is an absolute disgrace, they should be ashamed of themselves. If it were Hobnobs being thrown then I'd understand it, those things are rank, but the glorious Digestive should not end its life as a missile.

It didn't! I caught it and rammed it down my throat.

This is an outrage! Abhorrent slur on our good characters. Mrs L is mortified. The very thought of disposing of a perfectly good biscuit in such fashion is unimaginable. Anyway, it is well known that biscuits are no longer proffered to the good folk of the SSU.

And, I'll have you know Mr Merrit, Hobnobs are for dunking, and very good they are too.
Digestives have two purposes. 1st as a very acceptable cheese accompaniment and 2nd as a vehicle for a chocolate coating.

As for Malc's claim to have caught and "rammed" down his throat, without some form of liquid this is clearly impossible. Far too dry.

I believe that folklore has it that, once upon a time, custard cremes were used in a most dastardly manner to inflict injury upon some roaming Millwall fans who were getting a little boisterous.

So, in short, not us guv!

I reckon there may have been a difference in opinion on the fee itself and potentially “Mandatory or Optional” Fees.

Manning: “Hopefully in the next couple of days, we’ll able to get one done, and possibly two.

“We’re moving down the road with a few of the outgoings as well, so hopefully in the next three or four days, we might have some more news.”

Sounds like there may be more outgoings than first expected, unless he is counting loans for some younger players

1691507933633.png
Manning also mentions a few may be on their way out. I wonder if this interview was taken after we pulled out of the Burey signing?

Interestingly, Manning also mentioned “bringing in additional players that are able to give us different solutions to different challenges; something that I knew we needed and hasn’t changed off the back of the weekend”

Personally, I hope we move to 352 or 343!

This is an outrage! Abhorrent slur on our good characters. Mrs L is mortified. The very thought of disposing of a perfectly good biscuit in such fashion is unimaginable. Anyway, it is well known that biscuits are no longer proffered to the good folk of the SSU.

And, I'll have you know Mr Merrit, Hobnobs are for dunking, and very good they are too.
Digestives have two purposes. 1st as a very acceptable cheese accompaniment and 2nd as a vehicle for a chocolate coating.

As for Malc's claim to have caught and "rammed" down his throat, without some form of liquid this is clearly impossible. Far too dry.

I believe that folklore has it that, once upon a time, custard cremes were used in a most dastardly manner to inflict injury upon some roaming Millwall fans who were getting a little boisterous.

So, in short, not us guv!
Please apologise to Mrs.Lounger. I in no way meant to infer guilt, but the crumb trail back to the car was a little telling don't you think?

I would hope Burey wasn’t one of the ones they hoped to have got in for the weekend, otherwise it just gives the fans something else to whinge about assuming the reports are correct. If one isn’t Burey then hopefully the club have moved on swiftly and are closing in on another target.

I'd assume that one of the additions will be a left-back, based on comments and the subs on Saturday.

View attachment 15057
Manning also mentions a few may be on their way out. I wonder if this interview was taken after we pulled out of the Burey signing?

Interestingly, Manning also mentioned “bringing in additional players that are able to give us different solutions to different challenges; something that I knew we needed and hasn’t changed off the back of the weekend”

Personally, I hope we move to 352 or 343!
If we were going to have a totally different formation, I wonder why we played most of the pre season playing a clear formation that we played on Saturday?
That woulf smack of panic.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have a different formation to move to during a game, if like Saturday, it wasn't working, but I would be able amazed if we switched formation at this stage of the season

If we were going to have a totally different formation, I wonder why we played most of the pre season playing a clear formation that we played on Saturday?
That woulf smack of panic.
I wouldn't be surprised if we have a different formation to move to during a game, if like Saturday, it wasn't working, but I would be able amazed if we switched formation at this stage of the season
Manning had quite a few windows at MK to decide his shape and stuck with the back 3 throughout. That would point to what his ideal system is more than what we do here where it was perhaps more a case of needs must. For starters, we have not one player who can play LWB so maybe his hand was forced a bit by the availability of suitable wing backs. Some informants around the forum said he wanted 3 or 4 of them so that would suggest he wanted to go that way but couldn't get all the recruitment done before the critical point in pre season. He may have watched on on Saturday and thought "sh*t. This isn't what I hoped"....

Once you get tainted with the bad attitude tag anything that happens can be thrown against you, it’s like trying to prove you are not mad.

No one actually has any proof of this bad attitude but people are still going on like he has walked off the pitch after half an hour and taken match ball with him.
Well there was 2 bits of Information earlier on that suggested he didn’t want to come and also had that video of him taking some kind of drug whilst driving along.

We need to move on from Burey What's the point in pursuing a player that doesn't actually want to play for you . Let him sit on the bench or in the stands at Millwall as they don't want him
Don’t think we need another player with attitude.

Manning had quite a few windows at MK to decide his shape and stuck with the back 3 throughout. That would point to what his ideal system is more than what we do here where it was perhaps more a case of needs must. For starters, we have not one player who can play LWB so maybe his hand was forced a bit by the availability of suitable wing backs. Some informants around the forum said he wanted 3 or 4 of them so that would suggest he wanted to go that way but couldn't get all the recruitment done before the critical point in pre season. He may have watched on on Saturday and thought "sh*t. This isn't what I hoped"....
Or “Sh*t, my wingbacks keep stopping when they get to the half way line like an escaped Tesco trolley!”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom