Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Elek on The Dub definitely hinting at Greg Leigh joining on loan, I think. (He mentioned an experienced player in their late 20s, whose name has been mentioned quite a bit, and from other comments he made it clearly wasn't a striker signing.)
Also mentioned it could have been announced before the podcast came out announcement today ?

Herbie Kane has been told he can leave Barnsley. If the price is right, I’d have him back in a flash!

With the number of holes we still have in our squad (not so much team, but squad), paying to sign another small midfield playmaker without much in the way of defensive instincts, when we already have three good players in central midfield that we can't fit into the same side would be.......extravagant......

Where has it been said by the club Murphy is available for transfer?

I get that if we have a reasonable offer for him, then we'd accept it but that has been the case all summer.

Yeah, I think a reasonable offer for Murphy right now would be £0, plus we only have to pay 20% of his salary.

I'd pack his bags for that if it meant Manning could reinvest the 80% of what we're paying him back into the squad.

I think that was in direct response to Barnsley changing their shape. I'm not sure that we'll change to a 3/5 permanently but it's good to have the option to change things if we did.
TELEMMGLPICT000303448291_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqROTyZmD3lCw72ml4LFY-j7tQWnsGlwgx5w2ZOlqplpY.jpeg
A dynamic manager - that's new.

With the number of holes we still have in our squad (not so much team, but squad), paying to sign another small midfield playmaker without much in the way of defensive instincts, when we already have three good players in central midfield that we can't fit into the same side would be.......extravagant......

If you think common sense will ever stop people wanting us to sign back on former players then you are going to be disappointed on a frequent basis while reading this forum.

Not sure Mfuni was ever in first team contention other than being too old for the U18s. Expect he'll just hang around and play in arranged friendlies and maybe get a loan before being released.

But he was specifically handpicked, after countless hours research and scouting, as the best 18/19 year old centre-back prospect from across Europe that we could sign in January?

The next in the conveyor belt, to follow in the shoes of McNally and Negru? A player signed purely for the benefit of Oxford United Football Club?

That's why we signed him, right?

I've got him down as end of next season with an extension option in the club's favour.

Can't remember where I sourced that from though.
So no massive panic on giving him a new deal then with 3 seasons to go.

If you think common sense will ever stop people wanting us to sign back on former players then you are going to be disappointed on a frequent basis while reading this forum.
Oh let's bring back Andy whing to do the gorrin role

Barnsley are usually very good at getting out of this league, this year however seems rather messy from the outside.
I agree 100% but imagine losing Herbie Kane, selling your best CB for millions, and the chaos only being that you bid £1m for Sam Nombe.

I agree 100% but imagine losing Herbie Kane, selling your best CB for millions, and the chaos only being that you bid £1m for Sam Nombe.
Swap out Sam Nombe for Josh Murphy and Yanic Wildschut and I’m imagining it quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom