Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

5.30pm update on Wednesday

Sales, whilst still decent, were just a little bit slower over the past 24 hours - the total figure sold was 134 but the net sales figure was 109 as a row of 25 seats appears to have been released for sale in Block 9 of SSU.

That means there are now 1,856 seats left for sale, and that total estimated sales are in the 9,770-9,800 region.

Remaining seats are now distributed

SSL 547 (197/67/17/8/0/14/88/156)
SSU 232 (81/5/5/0/0/4/137)
ES 531 (88/103/22/44/82/192)
NS 546 (216/64/113/154)

North Stand continues to sell the quickest.

I can’t tell you how mad that s**t makes me
🤣🤣🤣

The curse of the dot-counters strikes again - the late release of held back seats!!

Hope the club realises the cost of therapy for Colin and myself every time they add unexpectedly to what should be a reducing tally!!

Anyway, the good news is that as of 10pm on Wednesday there have been a further 57 sales meaning there are now less than 1,800 seats available - 1,799 to be precise!!

Majority of the sales are still in the North Stand so if you know anyone looking for seats together there, then they should definitely get them in the next couple of days.

🤣🤣🤣

The curse of the dot-counters strikes again - the late release of held back seats!!

Hope the club realises the cost of therapy for Colin and myself every time they add unexpectedly to what should be a reducing tally!!

Anyway, the good news is that as of 10pm on Wednesday there have been a further 57 sales meaning there are now less than 1,800 seats available - 1,799 to be precise!!

Majority of the sales are still in the North Stand so if you know anyone looking for seats together there, then they should definitely get them in the next couple of days.
Yes, infuriating isn't it!!

The reason for it (as @holdsteady asked) is actually a number of different reasons. Some seats are allocated to players' families, academy kids, scouts, and others. As match day approaches, when it's looking like a big crowd, the club will get these people to confirm, and any that don't will go back on sale. There are also some seats with a poor view which the club prefer not to sell, but again if needed, these are put on sale, with the purchaser advised of the possibility of an obstruction. Also there is always some late shifting about of comp seats, by the club, but this isn't noticed for the games with lower sales where those pesky dot counters aren't analysing everything!

I've now got us at 7,802 sales, meaning 1,775 left, so in line with @Thecurraghofkildare It means net sales of only 87 showing for today, but we now all know it was more than that really! I have us 1,500 ahead of the Ipswich game at the same stage. Not panicking yet, but the Sold Out signs may go up closer to The Curragh's forecast than mine, not that we're competitive!!!!

Hopefully the club are more on the ball with Sunderland fans in the home end than they were with the Ipswich fans.

Their incompetence led to a few Oxford getting kicked out. Still, when have the club ever helped out home fans…

Hopefully the club are more on the ball with Sunderland fans in the home end than they were with the Ipswich fans.

Their incompetence led to a few Oxford getting kicked out. Still, when have the club ever helped out home fans…

Or - "Oxford fans lashing out at other football supporters got them kicked out"

There are plenty of us who have done the "home end" thing - Chelsea away a good few years ago, Luton away and plenty of others.

No colours, keep your gob shut and don`t act up.

Club done right. 🤷‍♀️

Or - "Oxford fans lashing out at other football supporters got them kicked out"

There are plenty of us who have done the "home end" thing - Chelsea away a good few years ago, Luton away and plenty of others.

No colours, keep your gob shut and don`t act up.

Club done right. 🤷‍♀️

Which is presumably not what they did if they were identified as Ipswich!

Exactly. Nobody would ever know if that was a followed.

Likewise when I’ve been at games across the country as a neutral. Be respectful. Keep quiet and you’ll have no issues.

Don’t celebrate if your team scores. Don’t undo your jacket to reveal your colours and don’t protest if you get asked to leave when you’re identified as a imposter in the home end.

Spend less time at your desk EY and get into the real world.

Indeed not, one was wearing a shirt. Ergo is it worth getting banned for slapping someone who was getting thrown out anyway?

Exactly. Nobody would ever know if that was a followed.

Likewise when I’ve been at games across the country as a neutral. Be respectful. Keep quiet and you’ll have no issues.

Don’t celebrate if your team scores. Don’t undo your jacket to reveal your colours and don’t protest if you get asked to leave when you’re identified as a imposter in the home end.

Spend less time at your desk EY and get into the real world.

I live in the real world thanks, slapping a scarfer for getting a home-end ticket isn`t part of it, but for those who do such inside a ground these days, there is a price to pay.

Now you can get back to your third party flag printing and ticket touting which doesn`t involve a desk.

Back to the dot counting!! It feels like I've had to say that before on this thread!! :unsure:

5.30pm update on Thursday and the pace of sales has really picked up with 271 seats sold in the past 24 hours (or 214 since my last tally at 10pm yesterday).

That means there are now just 1,585 seats left for sale and with Fridays always seeing strong demand and FOMO kicking in, Colin's prediction of a Tuesday/Wednesday sell out next week has shortened considerably in the betting compared to my more modest expectations (of next Thursday/Friday)!

The unsold seats are now split:

South Stand Lower 478 (197/63/16/8/0/14/72/108)
South Stand Upper 200 (55/6/4/0/0/4/131)
East Stand 489 (84/87/22/42/78/176)
North Stand 418 (193/45/92/88)

That also means sales are already in excess of 10,000 overall.

I've just looked on the tickets site and didn't realise (despite the excellent work of our dot counters) how much the South Stand had sold. Other than the blocks far ends towards the East and Fence ends we're pretty much down to single seats.

It's not hugely different in the East and North stands with most spaces now in the front few rows or in the corners. Anyone looking to go up as a family or group of mates should really look to buy soon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us down to single figures across all central sections after tomorrow and predict a complete sell out by Tuesday.

I've gone an hour early for the midnight count and, as @Thecurraghofkildare says above, really good sales today. I have us at 8,059 which means 259 over the last 23 hours and only 1,518 seats left.

We were at 8,102 at midnight on the Thursday before Ipswich, so we're a full week of sales ahead of that game. The question now is not when will we sell out, but how many might we have sold if we had the space? From this point against Ipswich we sold over 2,800 tickets. Given that this is selling much quicker, I'd estimate that we'd easily sell another 3,000 home tickets, making over 11,000 home fans alone. People who say we'd only get 9,000 in The Championship are miles off the mark!!!

12.30pm update on Friday and there have so far been 128 sales since 5.30pm yesterday so the pace of sales, while still solid, has slowed down slightly after a real burst of activity (pay day related perhaps) yesterday.

That means there are now just 1,457 seats left for sale with the unsold seats split:

South Stand Lower 454 (197/61/16/7/0/13/70/90)
South Stand Upper 175 (51/5/3/0/0/4/112)
East Stand 457 (83/86/19/35/66/168)
North Stand 371 (181/37/78/75)

That also means overall sales are already an estimated 10,170-10,200.

5.00pm update on Friday and a further 57 sales this afternoon, meaning that there are now exactly 1,400 seats left to be sold.

The unsold seats split:

South Stand Lower 436 (197/59/16/7/0/12/67/78)
South Stand Upper 174 (48/5/5/0/0/4/112)
East Stand 430 (83/83/18/34/66/146)
North Stand 360 (181/39/71/69)

Just done a count up and I have us at 8,195 sales, meaning 136 since midnight. It leaves 1,382 seats available. Add in away sales and boxes and it's a current total of touch under 10,300 (approx 10,275), so looking good. It means sales recorded as 476 in the last 48 hours, but we've actually sold 533 in that time, due to the extra 57 seats that were released by the club.

The sales graph is still maintaining a healthy upward curve, and I'll be surprised if we have 1,000 seats left by Monday morning. We've sold between 1,700 and 2,900 in the week before all of our bigger attendances, so Sold Out signs by midweek looks odds on at the Dot Counters Bookies!

Will do a midnight check as usual.

Edit: Just noticed @Thecurraghofkildare beat me to it by a few minutes, we really must synchronise our diaries!!!

Will do a midnight check as usual.

d8131faae9ed499a6a715058275d0847.jpg

(Posted with affection!)

10.15pm update Friday - another 40 sales since 5pm this evening meaning there are now 1,360 seats still left to be sold.

The remaining seats are split

427 South Stand Lower
165 South Stand Upper
419 East Stand
349 North Stand

The two central blocks in the North Stand (24 & 25) have been selling the fastest for the past few days and there are now only 66 seats left in each of those blocks.

Here’s hoping for a big 3 points tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom