Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

7.00pm update on Sunday evening

Good solid sales so far today with 119 seats gone so far (since 10pm last night).

That means there are now just 1,102 seats remaining, which are split

410 South Stand Lower (195/46/16/4/0/10/65/74)
124 South Stand Upper (39/4/1/0/0/4/76)
332 East Stand (69/74/11/15/38/125)
236 North Stand (148/22/34/32) - almost all single seats now other than in the end block (22)

That means overall sales are now 10,500+

By my untrained eye there seems to be a steady trickle of sales tonight, maybe another 50 or so. We'll not be far off 1000 left by the end of play tonight!

Another good day of sales, 175 so far. That's exceptional for a Sunday. I'll make this my midnight count an hour early.

We now only have 1,022 seats left, so there's no way this one is going beyond Wednesday before selling out. My money is on very late Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

If it interests anyone the sales in percentage terms are as follows:

NS - 92%
ES - 88%
SSL - 82%
SSU - 94%
Total - 89%

10.30pm check in on Sunday and really strong sales this evening (66 since 7pm) taking the total since the same time yesterday to 185.

That means there are now only 1,036 seats still available so hopefully the club can put out lots of ‘less than 1,000 tickets left’ messaging early on Monday.

The seats still available are split

South Stand Lower 399
South Stand Upper 122
East Stand 306
North Stand 209

Lots of talk on social media about Sunderland fans with tickets in the home end.

Let’s hope it’s just usual northern hot air…

Lots of talk on social media about Sunderland fans with tickets in the home end.

I know a few are but they reside in Oxfordshire so not a problem. If the 30k + so called Oxford fans that went to Wembley 3 times can't be bothered to snap up the tickets for arguably our most important home game this season then you can't blame the away fans for filling our ground.

Every time we have a big game this comes up, and every time there's no more than a handful, if any, away fans in the home stands. They will be away fans who live locally most likely, with a ticket buying history with us. The club, and ticket office are not stupid.

The tickets for this game, just like Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, Bolton, Cambridge and Ipswich are being bought by Oxford fans.

Every time we have a big game this comes up, and every time there's no more than a handful, if any, away fans in the home stands. They will be away fans who live locally most likely, with a ticket buying history with us. The club, and ticket office are not stupid.

The tickets for this game, just like Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, Bolton, Cambridge and Ipswich are being bought by Oxford fans.
I think the idea excites some people

10.30am check in on Monday and it has been a quiet enough start to the day in terms of sales - just 27 since 10.30pm last night.

That means there are currently 1,009 seats left for sale, which are split

South Stand Lower 397 (195/38/16/4/0/12/56/76)
South Stand Upper 113 (30/2/1/0/0/4/76)
East Stand 297 (64/67/10/12/25/119)
North Stand 202 (136/19/26/21)

75 today in morning sales, meaning this is now already the third highest home sales of the season behind Cambridge and Ipswich and the second highest total home attendance, behind only Ipswich, and there's still five sales days left!

We're now over 1,700 ahead of the best home sales at the END of a Monday (Sheff Wed) and there are now officially LESS THAN 1,000 TICKETS LEFT.

Correction: Actually Ipswich was ahead of Sheff Wed at the end of the Monday, but we're still over 1,600 ahead of that.

Last edited:
Jolly good, I`ll take that as noted then.
Although whether the club takes any notice, other than the singular change, is another thing and, with most of the season gone, its almost a moot point.
Andy can contact me if they want marketing tips. :)
Why would you take it as noted? The idea is that you contact the panel yourself, they are not mind readers.

Back
Top Bottom