Matches Sunderland Sell-Out!

Midnight on Wednesday and no more sales today so there are still 27 more tickets (all individual seats) to shift on Thursday before we can proclaim a sellout.

As well as reducing the demand for Sunderland tickets from a flood to a trickle, the loss against Morecambe has meant that early MK Dons sales appear to be slow, certainly by comparison with other recent high profile matches. I imagine they will pick up considerably if we get the 3 points on Saturday but from a sales point of view it really feels as though the bubble has burst and all the confidence/excitement/anticipation has been significantly deflated, as evidenced by our inability to sell the last remaining 86 tickets for Saturday today!

I’d say reading the sales decline and the match thread many fans have given up on the season.

Let’s hope the team show more resolute indefatigability and prove them wrong

Do the fanatics have anything planned for this game? We've been out sung many times at home this season which us fans need to put right on Saturday. At least we'd have done what we can then.

With 11000 seats plus already sold it stands to reason that sales will slow dramatically as everyone already has a ticket.
With the big Cup matches (e.g. Man City) where we sold out the rate of sale significantly accelerated when tickets became scarce and the last few hundred flew out. Here we were seeing the same thing on Monday (huge sales) and still strong on Tuesday until the Morecambe result and it was like the handbrake being pulled!

As you say though all committed fans will have bought tickets already, and it shows how much the more casual fan is impacted by results. It also shows the benefit of the club's early promotion for this match. Without the 3-week window and big marketing push we would have likely been struggling to get close to a sell out.

Anyway, the good news (are we there yet!?) is that we are nearly there - as of 10am there are now just 19 tickets left

4 in the North Stand, 5 in the South Stand Upper and 10 in the South Stand Lower

With the big Cup matches (e.g. Man City) where we sold out the rate of sale significantly accelerated when tickets became scarce and the last few hundred flew out. Here we were seeing the same thing on Monday (huge sales) and still strong on Tuesday until the Morecambe result and it was like the handbrake being pulled!

As you say though all committed fans will have bought tickets already, and it shows how much the more casual fan is impacted by results. It also shows the benefit of the club's early promotion for this match. Without the 3-week window and big marketing push we would have likely been struggling to get close to a sell out.

Anyway, the good news (are we there yet!?) is that we are nearly there - as of 10am there are now just 19 tickets left

4 in the North Stand, 5 in the South Stand Upper and 10 in the South Stand Lower
Yes, that's right. Previously, once we got close to selling out, FOMO kicked in and the tickets disappeared very quickly, which is what was happening until the Morecambe game. It really is most peculiar how quickly it turned.

Of more concern is that it now derails five days of promotional activity for the MK game, that the club would have carried out once this one sold out. That won't happen now until after we hopefully beat Sunderland at the weekend. If we don't then it makes MK a very hard sell on a Tuesday night.

I haven't totally given up on our season yet, but it seems many have?

Agreed Colin - the Plymouth result had no impact on sales. In fact they were extremely strong across the weekend and then on Monday especially. But the Morecambe defeat has completely taken the wind out of the sails and only a victory on Saturday can turn that around I feel. 3 points and a loss for Wycombe or Sheffield Wednesday and there will be a wholly different and much more positive mood again next week.

As of 11am there are now just 15 seats left - 3 in the South Stand Upper, 4 in the North Stand and 8 in the South Stand Lower

With a sell out, I just hope that the players step up to plate and get a result. I wonder whether Baldock will be fit enough to play the last couple of matches?. Maybe if we beat Sunderland on Saturday, maybe Baldock may play the last couple of games. If we lose then I think Baldock will be rested.

Do the fanatics have anything planned for this game? We've been out sung many times at home this season which us fans need to put right on Saturday. At least we'd have done what we can then.
A good start would be doing chants everyone can get involved in (Robinson's Yellow Army, Yellow and blue army etc) rather than "[player] is a s*x offender" which is their usual choice.

With a sell out, I just hope that the players step up to plate and get a result. I wonder whether Baldock will be fit enough to play the last couple of matches?. Maybe if we beat Sunderland on Saturday, maybe Baldock may play the last couple of games. If we lose then I think Baldock will be rested.

He isn’t contracted for next season is he? Suppose that situation will affect whether we see him or not?

Back
Top Bottom