Transfer News Transfer window 2020/21

I'd prefer it if he went to a decent Championship side who just miss out on promotion next year. Dickie being player of the season having played every game and is sold to a top Premier League club with a 30% sell on recouped by the club. With us being promoted to the Championship. One can dream... :)
That’s a point - sell him to a prem club likely to go down (or a champ side that get promoted and straight back down/just fall short) who then have to sell him and we get a nice sell on fee.

ATM, we don't have the strength in the first 11 we ended the season with, which is a worry.

Sorry, missed this at the time and can't let it go!

First 11 we finished the season with, we have kept Sam Long but added Sean Clare as the likely first choice RB, and lost Browne for Cooper/McGuane so hardly weaker!

If we go to the squad that was at Wembley, we've lost Browne, Woodburn, Mackie and Kelly (so far), and have added Clare, McGuane, Cooper, Asonganyi, and at least 2 more! We've also got Napa and Hall back fit and will almost certainly add 2 or 3 more loans from higher up the pyramid.

So, what exactly are you worried about?

Surely Hall, Napa and Hanson will exit either permanently or on loan.

So yes 5 or so still to come in.

The transfer window does of course slam shut on October 5th.

Surely Hall, Napa and Hanson will exit either permanently or on loan.

So yes 5 or so still to come in.

The transfer window does of course slam shut on October 5th.

Should we be having a little more clarity from the club rather than off the cuff comments about two coming in, for example?
The problem being that when it doesn't happen quite a few are let down, especially in situations like the camp in Wales last week. Lots of excitement builds up, following KR's comments, for a youth team player from France to be announced.

First 11 we finished the season with, we have kept Sam Long but added Sean Clare as the likely first choice RB, and lost Browne for Cooper/McGuane so hardly weaker!

If we go to the squad that was at Wembley, we've lost Browne, Woodburn, Mackie and Kelly (so far), and have added Clare, McGuane, Cooper, Asonganyi, and at least 2 more! We've also got Napa and Hall back fit and will almost certainly add 2 or 3 more loans from higher up the pyramid.

We cant judge Cooper or McGuane they are unknown quantities, we knew what we had with Browne.

I think weve made 1 signing that the rest of the league will be thinking "decent" and thats Taylor. Internally keeping Branagan is a big plus.

I expect us to do more for sure but to suggest we have the strength we had at Wembley (and we were stretched there by Holland having to go back for example) is just overly positive.

We cant judge Cooper or McGuane they are unknown quantities, we knew what we had with Browne.

I think weve made 1 signing that the rest of the league will be thinking "decent" and thats Taylor. Internally keeping Branagan is a big plus.

I expect us to do more for sure but to suggest we have the strength we had at Wembley (and we were stretched there by Holland having to go back for example) is just overly positive.
I've just explained the strength we have compared to Wembley! I trust the recruitment team to do their jobs, and Cooper and McGuane are highly rated. And we have 5 weeks or more left of the transfer window so hardly fantasy land with the positivity!

We've lost quality and gained unknowns, though I do like your it might happen approach:
Napa and Hall back - Napa likely to go on loan, possibly as will Hall. Although he did go to Forrest Green last season in div.2 and couldn't get into their team
Almost certainly too add two/three more loans. So that's a possible then. You know for certain they'll be of last years quality?
….and at least 2 more, So that's a possible then.
Asonganyi - A 19 year old, with lack of games has to be for the U23's, never straight to the first team.

If you need anymore proof that Liam Kelly has signed he is the only player that was on loan last season(apart from Matty Taylor) to still be on the website on the first team page.

Should we be having a little more clarity from the club rather than off the cuff comments about two coming in, for example?
The problem being that when it doesn't happen quite a few are let down, especially in situations like the camp in Wales last week. Lots of excitement builds up, following KR's comments, for a youth team player from France to be announced.

Perhaps those people who feel let down need to get some kind of grip on their lives?

I've just explained the strength we have compared to Wembley! I trust the recruitment team to do their jobs, and Cooper and McGuane are highly rated. And we have 5 weeks or more left of the transfer window so hardly fantasy land with the positivity!

Five weeks?? The players need to be in the next couple of weeks to gel, and understand how KR works. The season will be well underway by the time the window closes. Business needs to be done now, as teams such as Blackpool and Bristol Rovers have shown.

Five weeks?? The players need to be in the next couple of weeks to gel, and understand how KR works. The season will be well underway by the time the window closes. Business needs to be done now, as teams such as Blackpool and Bristol Rovers have shown.
I will bet you any amount you like that we finish above Blackpool and Bristol Rovers, all in the name of charity!

Timing and patience reaps dividends in the transfer window. Our club will need to complete aspects of our transfer business which will provide opportunities at different times.
yes the sooner our transfer business (including the potential sale of Dickie) can be completed the better but we want to sign the best players possible and sell our stars at top price. If that means waiting then so be it. I for one will judge our clubs transfer window and strength of our squad in October.

Last edited:
We've lost quality and gained unknowns, though I do like your it might happen approach:
Napa and Hall back - Napa likely to go on loan, possibly as will Hall. Although he did go to Forrest Green last season in div.2 and couldn't get into their team
Almost certainly too add two/three more loans. So that's a possible then. You know for certain they'll be of last years quality?
….and at least 2 more, So that's a possible then.
Asonganyi - A 19 year old, with lack of games has to be for the U23's, never straight to the first team.

I loved Mackie, but the lad was done. Woodburn had real potential but had a bit part role for a dozen games. Kelly barely played, but is likely to return anyway. So the only player of any note that we've lost is Marcus Browne, who played a dozen or so games.

Cooper is unknown at this level, like Whyte and Sykes before (and you labelled them as wannabes!!), but he comes highly rated with more games under his belt than either had when they signed. McGuane is also unknown at this level, but Arsenal, Barcelona, Notts Forest and England have all seen enough to give him a chance. And, with all due respect, I trust their opinions more than yours. Finally, Asonganyi has barely played since a nasty injury. But only a couple of years ago he was been watched by the top clubs in the country. He needs to get fit and get games, but even you must be excited by the prospect of him reaching even half of his potential. And of our players, Hall is apparently fitter and sharper than he's been in years, and that has to be a good thing. Napa is also fully fit, and will be like a new player with something to prove.

So, lots of reasons to be positive, even for someone like you!!

Timing and patience reaps dividends in the transfer window. Our club will need to complete aspects of our transfer business which will provide opportunities at different times.
yes the sooner our transfer business (including the potential sale of Dickie) can be completed the better but we want to sign the best players possible and sell our stars at top price. If that means waiting then so be it. I for one will judge our clubs transfer window and strength of our squad in October.
Totally this. We wouldn't have been able to afford to loan Taylor last season if we didn't give ourselves a bit of breathing room and wait until he was available.

If Brannagan didn't sign a contract the likelihood would be that he'd of left and for the money available to us we would not have been able to get a replacement as good. IMO he's the best midfielder in League one. So Cam IS the best signing any League One club could have made.

I seem to remember you saying the same about Roofe, Browne, Whyte and Sykes in the past few seasons when they signed as unknowns. I think I would value our Recruitment Teams opinion of players over yours. It won't be hard to replace Mackie with a better player.

If Kelly signs, a winger and a striker, we definitely stronger than last season. None of the players were regular first teamers except Browne, who is a loss. But you never know, maybe we'll get him for our promotion push in January.

Haven’t we got what we had last season minus Mackie? Not like he gave us any threat so we are no worse off.

The problem is that Taylor is so obviously going to be the starting forward that we will struggle to get a known forward in, so we will have to hope that Agyei or new young lad can step up and cover/come off the bench and give us some goals.

Not necessarily. depends on what type of striker or forwards we sign.
I loved Mackie, but the lad was done. Woodburn had real potential but had a bit part role for a dozen games. Kelly barely played, but is likely to return anyway. So the only player of any note that we've lost is Marcus Browne, who played a dozen or so games.

Cooper is unknown at this level, like Whyte and Sykes before (and you labelled them as wannabes!!), but he comes highly rated with more games under his belt than either had when they signed. McGuane is also unknown at this level, but Arsenal, Barcelona, Notts Forest and England have all seen enough to give him a chance. And, with all due respect, I trust their opinions more than yours. Finally, Asonganyi has barely played since a nasty injury. But only a couple of years ago he was been watched by the top clubs in the country. He needs to get fit and get games, but even you must be excited by the prospect of him reaching even half of his potential. And of our players, Hall is apparently fitter and sharper than he's been in years, and that has to be a good thing. Napa is also fully fit, and will be like a new player with something to prove.

So, lots of reasons to be positive, even for someone like you!!

Off season on the yellows forum. Member A posts I’m concerned because, we haven’t signed anyone, we’re not strong enough, we haven’t replaced player x or we need a 20 goal man and sometimes without explanation. @Scotchegg spends the time explaining why they’re wrong. :)

Back
Top Bottom