Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomlinson - Eastleigh - still on the radar
Do we think we could sign a prospect like Tomlinson as well as a more experienced LB, I know KR has mentioned needing cover in both fullback positions but just wonder if this is the kind of level we’re looking at or a cheaper loan option from a PL team maybe.

Competition and Cover in the following positions needed, players on the radar:

RB James/James-Wildin
LB Tomlinson/Cochrane/Robson/Ogilvie
LCB Bedeau
DM
RW Ajiboye
LW Cadden/Holland

ST Harrison/Jay

Players are back in for testing next week. Still no word on the contracts offered to the likes of Forde, or even the youngsters like LCP for that matter. Moore’s last year officially begins next week, too. A few bits and pieces to sort internally as well as in terms of new signings.

Don't contracts end 30 June? So Forde will have to decide what he's doing next week, and other signings may be confirmed.

Players are back in for testing next week. Still no word on the contracts offered to the likes of Forde, or even the youngsters like LCP for that matter. Moore’s last year officially begins next week, too. A few bits and pieces to sort internally as well as in terms of new signings.
What I'm hoping is that they'll be announced in one big block, but that's wishful thinking more than anything. It is a bit unnerving that no one with an expiring deal has been announced as signing their new deal.

Don't contracts end 30 June? So Forde will have to decide what he's doing next week, and other signings may be confirmed.
They do, and as you suggest, a lot of players who officially become unemployed next Thursday might start to take their negotiations up a notch or two. Including those already here.

What I'm hoping is that they'll be announced in one big block, but that's wishful thinking more than anything. It is a bit unnerving that no one with an expiring deal has been announced as signing their new deal.
The odd ones for me are the youngsters like LCP and Lofthouse. Even this recent story about Yoav Sade was about a contract offer, not a contract signing. Perhaps the youngsters have already signed up and it’s kind of a given that they’re done and dusted, but it certainly hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Forde you can understand and I wouldn’t personally be surprised if he goes, seeing as he went from a pretty regular starter at a L1 / Championship yo-yo club, to being a utility player who was in and out of the team here for two season. You’d think he might want more regular football, but then I guess it also depends what else is on offer and what the pay is like.

Moore is the main one. Although he’s here for another season unlike the above players if they don’t sign up, you don’t want another Nelson situation next summer. Definitely a few bits going on internally as well as trying to attract new signings.

They do, and as you suggest, a lot of players who officially become unemployed next Thursday might start to take their negotiations up a notch or two. Including those already here.

The odd ones for me are the youngsters like LCP and Lofthouse. Even this recent story about Yoav Sade was about a contract offer, not a contract signing. Perhaps the youngsters have already signed up and it’s kind of a given that they’re done and dusted, but it certainly hasn’t been confirmed yet.

Forde you can understand and I wouldn’t personally be surprised if he goes, seeing as he went from a pretty regular starter at a L1 / Championship yo-yo club, to being a utility player who was in and out of the team here for two season. You’d think he might want more regular football, but then I guess it also depends what else is on offer and what the pay is like.

Moore is the main one. Although he’s here for another season unlike the above players if they don’t sign up, you don’t want another Nelson situation next summer. Definitely a few bits going on internally as well as trying to attract new signings.

Moore signing a new contract would be as good as a new signing. Likewise I can't see Forde signing as back up/utility player and I expect a fair number of clubs in L1, or at the lowest, top half L2 clubs (ie. somebody like Forest Green or similar) wanting to sign him.

Coaching set-up confirmed with Leon Blackmore-Such permanently stepping up to the first team as first team coach and Andy Caton joining the medical side of things alongside Amy Cranston.

Darren Purse effectively backfills LBS with the new U19s/17s alongside Chris Hackett.
Sam Coleman and Tiarnan Abrahams join the Academy medical set-up.

Elsewhere, Nathan Griffith who was Head of Academy S&C has joined Ipswich as Head of Academy Sport Science.

Last edited:
I thought we were looking at external appointments as well. What has happened to those?

None of the announcements today have put anyone in the positions that were named previously which were a direct replacement for Chris Short and an overall club physical performance manager

None of the announcements today have put anyone in the positions that were named previously which were a direct replacement for Chris Short and an overall club physical performance manager
Thanks for clarifying. I coudn't quite remember the roles. It does seem to be dragging on a bit. Guess there could be all kinds of reasons.

On a positive note, LBS has always come across really well and it's great to see someone promoted from within. Sounds like he's earnt the opportunity.

Thanks for clarifying. I coudn't quite remember the roles. It does seem to be dragging on a bit. Guess there could be all kinds of reasons.

On a positive note, LBS has always come across really well and it's great to see someone promoted from within. Sounds like he's earnt the opportunity.
Wouldn't say it's dragging out. I imagine there are particular reasons why things can't be confirmed. Notice periods being served elsewhere etc.
Players due back for testing next week, so you'd assume those appointments will be in place for then, and announced when they can have a photo etc.

Some rumours floating around, that Middlesbrough have put in a bid for Sam Winnall? Not sure if there is anything in that, but if so, give us Browne. Cheers

Some rumours floating around, that Middlesbrough have put in a bid for Sam Winnall? Not sure if there is anything in that, but if so, give us Browne. Cheers
Perhaps the plan with him was similar to what happened with Obita. If it makes sense for us financially, then works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom