Walking out songs

I think a Reggae/Ska playlist would get the place going, who can resist a bit of that? 3 Little Birds at half-time if we are losing, Ghost Town if the attendance is low, Tears of a clown (The Beat version) when we hammer Gillingham.
Although big 7 by judge dread might not go down to well but Al Capone by Prince Buster might be different whereas Cocaine in my brain by Dillinger might not be very popular.

It's a sad fact that the usual apathy set in when folk were asked to make suggestions. Twitter had some responses, a few on here and some collated from fans direct but, when it comes down to it, nobody wants to do anything but moan.

Like you @Sarge , I could put my old DJ hat on again and come up with a play list but it should come from those who have been complaining the most about the current stuff. Made me laugh that some were demanding OX4 be played when all the time it had been!

If you want change, do something about it. Fill in the survey.
Already have ( filled in the survey) @Manorlounger :sneaky: .... and commented earlier on this thread, along the lines of, that perhaps the choose only one from a (limited) list should've maybe been multiple-choice?, or, perhaps a maximum of 5 choices (from said list), giving the list compilers a better idea of what is and what isn't 'ok' based on individuals selections?

having a bit of a moan n grumble is one of the pleasures of getting old , ...isn't it ? ;)

Oxford Upsetters, who are there at home and away games, would , I reckon, back that to the hilt
Which reminds me, isn't Lee Scratch Perry in Oxford next month?

It's a sad fact that the usual apathy set in when folk were asked to make suggestions. Twitter had some responses, a few on here and some collated from fans direct but, when it comes down to it, nobody wants to do anything but moan.

Like you @Sarge , I could put my old DJ hat on again and come up with a play list but it should come from those who have been complaining the most about the current stuff. Made me laugh that some were demanding OX4 be played when all the time it had been!

If you want change, do something about it. Fill in the survey.

May we remind you of the opening question from @OUSP Secretary ?

"So you can only name one song as your suggestion for the team to walk out to. What would it be?"

No mention of Twitter, direct collation or surveys......... 🤷‍♀️

May we remind you of the opening question from @OUSP Secretary ?

"So you can only name one song as your suggestion for the team to walk out to. What would it be?"

No mention of Twitter, direct collation or surveys......... 🤷‍♀️

Would that be the "Royal We". Have you been elevated to a new status? Illusions of grandeur perhaps?

As others have said, I'm not a fan of the Perkele song. It's just a bit naff. Could tolerate it being played during the warm up (I'm not normally in the stadium then anyway), but not as the walkout music.

Between Foals, Radiohead, Supergrass and Ride there are some decent Oxfordshire bands, with the former of having the added benefit of having a number of songs on FIFA so they'll be recognisable to the younger sections of the fan base (and, I imagine, a number of the players).

Mountain at my Gate would be my shout for the walkout music.

As others have said, I'm not a fan of the Perkele song. It's just a bit naff. Could tolerate it being played during the warm up (I'm not normally in the stadium then anyway), but not as the walkout music.

Between Foals, Radiohead, Supergrass and Ride there are some decent Oxfordshire bands, with the former of having the added benefit of having a number of songs on FIFA so they'll be recognisable to the younger sections of the fan base (and, I imagine, a number of the players).

I suggested Black Bull on the questionnaire.

Candyskins -Wembley.... could be an idea for cup games , maybe?

Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode and just can’t get enough another couple of decent tunes

I totally understand and like the idea of Oxford bands, but here lies my issue with Supergrass:

I totally understand and like the idea of Oxford bands, but here lies my issue with Supergrass:

I think if you are going to disregard Supergrass for that, then you can also disregard AC/DC for example due to Brian Jones being a Newcastle fan. You'd end up with a very small pond in which to fish if we are going to ban acts that support other sides.

Anyway...

"We are not playing around, the Oxford are in town".

Back
Top Bottom