Walking out songs

I think if you are going to disregard Supergrass for that, then you can also disregard AC/DC for example due to Brian Jones being a Newcastle fan. You'd end up with a very small pond in which to fish if we are going to ban acts that support other sides.

Anyway...

"We are not playing around, the Oxford are in town".
But Ste! Look at these words! These hurtful words made me feel sad:

'So it was a choice of Oxford United, Birmingham City or Manchester United. Man City didn't even come into it, I might add. It was a choice of those three and at that point it was just an easy choice for me. My oldest brother was a United fan and had all the posters on the wall and stuff, so I just gravitated towards it really and that was that.'

It was an 'easy choice' 😮

Then he goes onto say 'my oldest brother was a United fan'... in a conversation that involves Oxford United, he assumes United means the Manchester version? No no no. Not on my watch Gaz. I'm afraid if we do go with Supergrass I'll have to put my fingers in my ears and shout 'la la la I'm not listening'.

Good song by Foals that... but you are aware it's a bull and not an Ox? 😉

I noticed the pre game play list was slightly different yesterday, the only problem was the volume in the North stand was too low that you could hardly hear the music. Then Rosie comes on the mic and it's like he's shouting at you, someone needs to sort the sound levels out before the next home game!

I noticed the pre game play list was slightly different yesterday, the only problem was the volume in the North stand was too low that you could hardly hear the music. Then Rosie comes on the mic and it's like he's shouting at you, someone needs to sort the sound levels out before the next home game!
There are definitely issues with sound in a few areas of the ground. Club are aware of it, we will follow up.

From the top of the North Stand I've never been able to hear what Rosie (or whoever) has been saying.

Not sure if its been mentioned.

But Glass Animals are an Oxford band and one of their songs is a soundtrack on fifa, not sure if these are any good for a walk out song but should be atleast played pre match.

Last edited:
Previously walking out to an Oxfordshire recording artist went well but second time lucky maybe a mix of Supergrass and Foals? Never going to get everyone to agree to the same music though.

Novel idea but it would actually be better if we just sang them onto the pitch ourselves? Obviously with our ageing fan base that would require delaying kick off for half an hour while people recover though.

Previously walking out to an Oxfordshire recording artist went well but second time lucky maybe a mix of Supergrass and Foals? Never going to get everyone to agree to the same music though.

Novel idea but it would actually be better if we just sang them onto the pitch ourselves? Obviously with our ageing fan base that would require delaying kick off for half an hour while people recover though.

Would also need people to get to their seat before the teams come out. From the North stand at about 5 to 3 you see the mad rush of people running from the bowlplex towards the east stand etc. Obviously in the new stadium we can make it more user friendly and have drinking establishments within the vo courses and a sports bar in the stadium.

Surely the ultimate Walking Out songs are:

“Is there a fire drill?” for opposition fans; and

“Loyal supporters” to be directed at our own.

Candyskins have(more than a) few suitable ones to choose from
We don't have to select just one, we can spread the honour across the Oxford scene. Candyskins one week, ATL, then Foals, then Ride, then Samurai Seven, then Supergrass, then Kanadia, then Radiohead... It goes on and on... Sod it, get the Nightshift team in to compile the playlist...

Back
Top Bottom