Home Match Day Thread 19/10/2021 L1: OUFC v Shrewsbury Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Job done. I thought we looked decent but lack a little X-factor some other sides have going forward.

You'd have to be worried watching that as a Shrewsbury fan. They are organised, but very very limited.

Much better second half, still not up to our best but better than the woeful first half. It wasn't pretty, but we played poorly and still comfortably won the game. Sykesy has to be the first name on the team sheet, he's stepped it up this season massively but struggles off the bench it seems - another good performance from him today. Win on Saturday and it's back in the playoffs!

Just about to listen to banbury penalty.....did they score?

Glad both of them scored. Both have goals in them, and this will boost their confidence.

So much better second half.
It was still a scrappy old game, but we actually created a ton of chances. The finishing still wasn't crisp.....if it had been, we might have had a really flattering scoreline!

I complained at halftime that I wanted Cam & Kane to take the game.....well Cam did just that; probably should have had a hatrick - the one he scored was by far the toughest of his three chances! Sykes was very lively as well......he still drives me nuts with the mental breakdowns and the silly flicks, but starting to come to terms with the fact that it's the player he is - but on the positive side, he does have a ton of skill and energy, so when he harnesses it the right way, he's dangerous. Rough with the smooth with him.

Shrewsbury were really limited. Suspect they will be in and around the relegation spots all season.

I thoughht I was going to walk home miserable after a crap performance and get miserably wet,
But... a bit better 2ndand a win.
first half... 2 /10, performance.
Second half 6/10

Much better 2nd half and will take those well needed 3 points . Anything else would have been worrying.
COYY
To be honest there was a lot worrying about that 1st half, and we're still not clinical enough in the 2nd half. But yeah, a lackluster win on a rainy October Tuesday evening against Shrews is the sort of thing that gets us through the season and will see us top half (and hopefully challenging) come the business end of term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom