Home Match Day Thread 20/01/2024 L1: OUFC vs Northampton Town - POSTPONED

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Carpy

Staff member
Probably the easiest game of a busy few weeks so would hope we end up walking away with the 3 points.

Fancy Harris to continue his goalscoring form, 2-0 to Oxford

EDIT: And it’s postponed

Exeter v Cambridge pitch inspection at midday! Hope if ours is uncertain at 10, they hold another later on.
I don’t understand why we didn’t do a later pitch inspection, especially with it being a relatively small distance between the two clubs.

I don’t understand why we didn’t do a later pitch inspection, especially with it being a relatively small distance between the two clubs.
If it’s rock solid, the temperatures today won’t be enough. Better for all supporters to know as early as possible. It’d be even more disappointing to get to 1 or 2 o’clock and hear it’s off.

Walsall v Accrington the latest to be postponed.

Peterborough v Shrewsbury have an 11am inspection

Can't they just use heat lamps, and get the pitch sprinklers spraying out boiling water? Surely that'll soften the pitch? 🤷‍♂️😏

Image.jpegAnd lots of these, thrown all over the pitch, and fans have to roll around over them all, to activate them, then clear them away at 14:59pm, good to go. :rolleyes: So easy.

Last edited:
Can't they just use heat lamps, and get the pitch sprinklers spraying out boiling water? Surely that'll soften the pitch? 🤷‍♂️😏

View attachment 17514And lots of these, thrown all over the pitch, and fans have to roll around over them all, to activate them, then clear them away at 14:59pm, good to go. :rolleyes: So easy.
Or Kassam could have installed undersoil heating!! And back in the room!!

Brilliant ,Tony Pulis when he was at Stoke used to by pass the middle .

Or just say "f**k it, trainers and tracky bottoms today lads" problem solved

Nobody slide tackles these days anyway 🤷‍♂️

Likely because they don't hold out much hope

Yes, that’s how I read the situation

Have to say here in West Oxfordshire, improving all the time.

I‘d be very surprised if it’s not playable at 3pm, of course it may not be at 10.00am….

Back
Top Bottom