Home Match Day Thread 20/02/2024 L1: OUFC v Northampton Town

Who was your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Time is running out, you can't keep dropping point's.
teams all have game's in hand aswell.
it's going to be tight to stay in the playoffs. We need victories & sharpish..

Maybe as soon as drop his mate he’s been a liability since coming back from injury and no one goal from him won’t cut it. He kept Bodin on but took of arguably our best player in Murphy

For who though, Baz?

No Smyth and no Stevens available so Long is really the only option.

I won’t go all ECYellow on Long but League 1 is his ceiling. However right now, NLS looks beyond him. Whatever it is, he needs to sharpen up fast because as soon as any of the other two are available they’re in the XI ahead of him.

If Des told the players to stop attacking then you can absolutely blame him for that. I’m not saying bomb forwards but Northampton were dropping off us, there was space to play passes forward but we were so nervous and defensive that Long decided to smash a ball over half the length of the pitch back to his
goalkeeper. We could have got another and made the game safe, or if you lose it then it’s deep in their half, but we just looked timid.

FFS now a draw at home against poxy Northampton.

Will the DESciples on here ever take their heads out of the sands.

Fans need to get together with a protest to get Des replaced by a manager who at least has EFL experience to give us a chance to keep in the play offs otherwise the season is over from us being in 2nd place when Manning left. Come on.

WTF was Long doing for their goal? It WAS F*****g criminal.

He was fairly deep in their half turned and wellied the ball 30 yards back to Negru.

Why are we playing with so much fear, panic and apprehension when we go in front. Especially against a bang average side?

Nowhere near good enough for a play-off chasing team to keep on conceding cheap goals from unenforced errors week in week out.

Think this is on Des and his staff. 5 wins in 18 or 19 nineteen games is woeful.

To be honest I’m now at the end of my tether with this P**s poor run club will the owners want to give a good budget because at present we’re about 5/6 players short of being a decent side

We played some absolutely decent football today and should have easily, easily won. But at any level of football you can't be making errors like that and hope to get away with it. And it is always, always a chain of errors that undoes us.

We played awful on Saturday, ran our luck and got a point. We played a bit better, didn't run our luck and got a point. If we won today and lost on Saturday we'd be a point better off. Fine margins.

That interplay and finish for our second goal was absolute class. Haven't seen a finish like that for a while.

Hope Cam is OK...we missed him a lot after the subs.

Agree - can’t blame Des for that. As much as people want to slag him off we were good value for that win and the players chucked it away.
The defenders don't seem to have a clue what to do or where to play, honestly it's amateur hour week after week.

Brainless football. Not just Long for the longest back pass in history, but the team as a whole having no clue what to do when needing to see the game out. I'd give Dez the summer window to sort this s**t out, but there's no way we're going up this season.

Soft ,soft ,soft defending, alot of good stuff again we are limping along to what feels like what might be a lost opportunity. I hope not ,its not the fault of Fes but that should have done and dusted a real missed chance. But at least we are the right end of the table ,I feel we are going to batter some team soon ,if it all clicks ,we certainly missed Moore.

Time is running out, you can't keep dropping point's.
teams all have game's in hand aswell.
it's going to be tight to stay in the playoffs. We need victories & sharpish..
We won’t be in the play offs for long we play P**s poor shots backwards and get caught but hey what I’m to know that’s modern football you know

I truly hate this passing around the back tosh that we do too much and have done for ages. Our players aren't good enough to do that, and it invites the pressure on to us and we've been caught out again.

Poor result really, yes there were some good signs but that really should have been an easy victory. Play offs are still in reach but we're making it hard and there will be a lot of twists and turns to come yet.

Only caught the game from Goodwins goal.
But what a mess of protecting a lead. Matete weak, Long and Negru have never witnessed anything like it. So nothing to say.

Back
Top Bottom