General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than shuffling around the ownership percentages, it is another £3M invested since June. Seems a lot when the club "only" lost around £3M before player sales in 2020.
We have a very competitive playing budget.

No Bournemouth only had 10k and Brentford only 17k so no such rule.
I know Bournemouth have a smaller capacity than ours but back in the inception of the premier league the minimum requirement was a 20,000 seater stadium

But Cherwell is Tory led they won’t have time for him
local councils have to work together, when services 'crossover' ( eg Oxon County Council, among other things , are responsible for the upkeep of the roads in the county, which go through all the local council areas) - especially in these times

I know Bournemouth have a smaller capacity than ours but back in the inception of the premier league the minimum requirement was a 20,000 seater stadium

The SPL had a minimum capacity which I think they've now dropped but don't think the PL ever has.

No they will not. Confidentiality is what it's all about.
If I understand the hierarchy of the supporters' trust and the fans' council. Then Oxvox should be looking at the ownership and governance of the club.
The first change was in Summer 2019 when Tiger went from a majority (60%) holding to <50%.
Now in Summer 2021 he has gone from being the largest shareholder (27% to second largest (22%, with Knightsbridge Asia now the largest (29%).
Also the other Thai holding in the Singapore holding company has reduced its share to 11%.

Simple questions that Oxvox should be asking, who now owns and controls our club?

If I understand the hierarchy of the supporters' trust and the fans' council. Then Oxvox should be looking at the ownership and governance of the club.
The first change was in Summer 2019 when Tiger went from a majority (60%) holding to Now in Summer 2021 he has gone from being the largest shareholder (27% to second largest (22%, with Knightsbridge Asia now the largest (29%).
Also the other Thai holding in the Singapore holding company has reduced its share to 11%.

Simple questions that Oxvox should be asking, who now owns and controls our club?

Or questions asked of Oxvox, what do they know the takeover and any other details.

This why personally I’ve never been a member . As the picture you the thread suggests, Oxvox are aware of a deal. Have been invited to a photo shoot yet, haven’t released any details to its members regarding this?

We can’t fill a 12000 stadium so why do we want more than 18000

We do when the big clubs turn up and the stay aways come out to play. But I would hope a new start away from the unfinished kassam ,playing attractive football like last night, a better match day experience for everyone and we should be getting near on full attendances each home game.

Sorry I meant the premiership club fans. Obviously it does help they are playing big clubs and they probably wish they had a slightly higher capacity now. But on the other hand I was watching a reading game on sky last week and the atmosphere sounded awful with barely 10k fans in, let's not make the same mistake and have a stadium that we can fill and make a fortress.
Presumably the batteries in the remote had died?

• React
Reactions: m
Recent updates on the holding company shareholdings:-
If Knightsbridge is Geicke, his holding has increased the most. Empire has decreased actual shares,
Tiger increased slightly, and the two Indonesian companies also own more shares.
Other than shuffling around the ownership percentages, it is another £3M invested since June. Seems a lot when the club "only" lost around £3M before player sales in 2020.
Sumrit Thanakarnjanasuth
3,428,110​
21.96%​
Knightsbridge Asia Ltd
4,562,138​
29.22%​
Empire Asia Group Company Limited
1,697,955​
10.88%​
PT. Brown Sports Management Asia
2,669,680​
17.10%​
PT. EMT Aset Investama
3,252,531​
20.84%​
15,610,414​
100.00%​

So with our OxVox chair posing for photos with various members of the OUFC board, City councillors, and board advisers, might Oxvox care to enlighten us on what is going on please?
That's a really good point. Haven't any recent Oxvox updates suggested that they knew nothing of any new ground?

Presumably the batteries in the remote had died?

Lol , it was either that or watch eastenders, I was watching it to see how the posh faced up to the challenge of championship football. The plastics crowd were quieter then we are and only cheered when they scored, it was like watching American soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom