General Consortium Takeover - News and Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of a sensible strategy by the Board to ensure that over time all of our councillors and local persons of influence have the chance to meet the Board members so that when approvals are required, they have been warmed up to what those Board members are trying to achieve - basic stakeholder management.
... the question is, which type of stake (or steak) holders are they? :unsure: focused_228963790-stock-photo-butcher-holding-tray-steaks-butchers.jpgBrides_of_Dracula_(1960)_trailer_-_Peter_Cushing.jpg

But you ask any of the championship clubs fans and they will say the atmosphere at Brentford's ground is one of the best they've encountered, a quote on one of the Facebook groups was 17k sounded more like 40k. This is exactly what we should be aiming for considering we aren't going to get 30k fans turn up just because we have a new ground.
But didn’t the new ground only open this season so for the Championship they would have been in their old stadium. I know some Bees fans and they love everything about it especially the atmosphere.
Guess though it does make a difference if you’re at home to Liverpool as opposed to a Rotherham!

But didn’t the new ground only open this season so for the Championship they would have been in their old stadium. I know some Bees fans and they love everything about it especially the atmosphere.
Guess though it does make a difference if you’re at home to Liverpool as opposed to a Rotherham!

Sorry I meant the premiership club fans. Obviously it does help they are playing big clubs and they probably wish they had a slightly higher capacity now. But on the other hand I was watching a reading game on sky last week and the atmosphere sounded awful with barely 10k fans in, let's not make the same mistake and have a stadium that we can fill and make a fortress.

I think whatever capacity we initially go for, and 18000 is probably about right for the next 5 years/apparent aspirations, the new ground ought to have the design features required to expand to around 28,000 on the existing footprint/within existing boundaries.

Well this is encouraging ...

Lord Mayor of Oxford - Councillor Mark Lygo​

Councillor Mark Lygo is Oxford born and bred. He lives in Headington with his wife and two teenage children. Mark was first elected to Oxford City Council in 2008 representing Churchill ward. He has served as a Board Member for Sports, Parks & Events for five years and is the council’s Sports Champion. He has sat on a number of committees including Planning, Licensing and Scrutiny and currently sits on two outside bodies, Bullingdon Community Association and Oxford Sports Council. Mark is also a serving County Councillor and has represented Marston and Northway ward since his election in 2013.

Away from council duties, Mark is a keen supporter of grassroots sports and culture; he is currently Chairman of Quarry Rovers FC, a local referee and a dedicated supporter of Oxford United FC. He is a keen runner and fitness enthusiast, an interest he nurtures as part of the GoodGym project.
Wow Mark is busy!

But you ask any of the championship clubs fans and they will say the atmosphere at Brentford's ground is one of the best they've encountered, a quote on one of the Facebook groups was 17k sounded more like 40k. This is exactly what we should be aiming for considering we aren't going to get 30k fans turn up just because we have a new ground.
Not saying it’s not good from an atmosphere perspective, more from an aesthetical look. Just not pleasing on the eye and looks cheap & nasty in places.

Hmm- a modern all seater stadium (with four sides!) and a capacity of 17,250. Great transport links and loads of pubs within a 15 minute walk of the ground. Yup, I can't see how we would want something like that either.
Don’t think I mentioned all the other stuff you mentioned e.g. location, transport links etc, it’s just the style of the stadium itself I don’t personally like about Brentford’s new ground.

And don’t even start if our new one doesn’t have 4 sides/completely enclosed, couldn’t live with another bloody wind tunnel or the abuse from other supporters.

I think whatever capacity we initially go for, and 18000 is probably about right for the next 5 years/apparent aspirations, the new ground ought to have the design features required to expand to around 28,000 on the existing footprint/within existing boundaries.
Totally agree

Sorry I meant the premiership club fans. Obviously it does help they are playing big clubs and they probably wish they had a slightly higher capacity now. But on the other hand I was watching a reading game on sky last week and the atmosphere sounded awful with barely 10k fans in, let's not make the same mistake and have a stadium that we can fill and make a fortress.
I don’t like Reading’s ground though.

Last nights attendance wasn't much over 5000, I think 18,000 will be just fine to start with!

If we reached the Championship in an 18,000 I think we could probably draw in 10k, and some Championship clubs will sell out whatever we give them.

Recent updates on the holding company shareholdings:-
If Knightsbridge is Geicke, his holding has increased the most. Empire has decreased actual shares,
Tiger increased slightly, and the two Indonesian companies also own more shares.
Other than shuffling around the ownership percentages, it is another £3M invested since June. Seems a lot when the club "only" lost around £3M before player sales in 2020.
Sumrit Thanakarnjanasuth
3,428,110​
21.96%​
Knightsbridge Asia Ltd
4,562,138​
29.22%​
Empire Asia Group Company Limited
1,697,955​
10.88%​
PT. Brown Sports Management Asia
2,669,680​
17.10%​
PT. EMT Aset Investama
3,252,531​
20.84%​
15,610,414​
100.00%​

So with our OxVox chair posing for photos with various members of the OUFC board, City councillors, and board advisers, might Oxvox care to enlighten us on what is going on please?

No they will not. Confidentiality is what it's all about.

As part of a sensible strategy by the Board to ensure that over time all of our councillors and local persons of influence have the chance to meet the Board members so that when approvals are required, they have been warmed up to what those Board members are trying to achieve - basic stakeholder management.
Lygo won’t have any say in Cherwell district matters he’s Oxford city mayor

Not saying it’s not good from an atmosphere perspective, more from an aesthetical look. Just not pleasing on the eye and looks cheap & nasty in places.
Thei new ground looks ok but I thought the rules to play in the premiership were a capacity of a minimum 20,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom